Princess Robes

Hlitner

Over the past ten + years I have requested robes on the Cruise Personalizer many times and have NEVER had robes in the stateroom (other than the one time we were in a suite) UNTIL we sailed on the Grand last month. On Day 2 or Day 3 (can't remember which) we returned to our stateroom and there on the bed were two lovely, nice quality, thick terry cloth, generously sized robes. I was shocked! I am not sure why this happened but this was our first cruise as Elite and my thought was that perhaps the robes are an Elite perk (?) Anyway, it was a very pleasant surprise.

Kidding....right!?! I'm 5'10" and 175 (that's verging on "overweight" according to BMI index). The robe is MORE than big enough! You get as many pats of butter as you want, the pizza is as mediocre as always, you get 2 (or more) entrees as often as you want, the stateroom towels are as good as most hotels, and so on. Princess is still a great experience!

We had lovely new plush robes on the Royal this past June. They were plenty large even though my granddaughter and I are both pretty small. Just hoping they'll replace the old waffle ones on the Regal before our Baltic cruise in June.

We had lovely new plush robes on the Royal this past June. They were plenty large even though my granddaughter and I are both pretty small. Just hoping they'll replace the old waffle ones on the Regal before our Baltic cruise in June.

We had previously had a nice plush robe (I think it might have been on the Ruby). But what we had on the Regal (last week) were the older waffle robes (lightweight) made for stick figures. Somebody mentioned that they were Elite and go nice plush robes. We have been Elite for a very long time and were not so lucky. I am wondering (out loud) if there are only a limited number of plush robes and its luck of the draw. We did not think it was that big of a deal and never mentioned it to our steward (to try and get nicer robes). But it is one of those little things we save for CC :).

Hank

In May this year on the Ruby one robe showed up in the cabin. This was after 9 previous requests with no robe. I had just left the request ride on my personalizer.

So, one day I tried it on and walked out to show the Wife. I was really concerned that she was going to hurt herself laughing. :D Then when she started to hunt for her phone (has a camera) I beat feet back to the closet area and got dressed.

It was one size fit very small and did not fit me.

Next cruise in Oct, no robe again.

Bob

We had previously had a nice plush robe (I think it might have been on the Ruby). But what we had on the Regal (last week) were the older waffle robes (lightweight) made for stick figures. Somebody mentioned that they were Elite and go nice plush robes. We have been Elite for a very long time and were not so lucky. I am wondering (out loud) if there are only a limited number of plush robes and its luck of the draw. We did not think it was that big of a deal and never mentioned it to our steward (to try and get nicer robes). But it is one of those little things we save for CC :).

Hank

I've never seen "Plush Robes" listed as an Elite perk. If it really was a perk, don't you think Princess would feature it?

after getting our robes i went out to the steward and asked if he had any for fat people. he said no.

Too many trips through the buffet line?. You must be overeating at the buffet?:confused:

Those robes are enormous. :)

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Hank

I recall the plush robes being for suite passengers. I think we got them once early on, but other than that it has been the one size fits some waffle robes.

Any time we've asked our steward for one, we've gotten it.

Seriously folks, the robes on the Regal are a joke. They look the same as on other Princess ships but they've shrunk badly particularly in relation to the binding. They're an awful sight and the cabin stewards are very apologetic. I'm a size 10 and can barely wrap these new robes around me! Seems like the fabric was faulty or the laundry boiled the lot!

The plush robes are reserved for full suite guests - I think they give them out with the $100 plus Captains Dinner or whatever they call it or you can buy them - I have no problem with the waffle weave but then I am average for my height and usuall only eat three meals a day plus a few snacks and have never gained more than three pounds on a cruise - the secret is you do not have to eat 24/7 just because it is there

The plush robes are reserved for full suite guests - I think they give them out with the $100 plus Captains Dinner or whatever they call it or you can buy them - I have no problem with the waffle weave but then I am average for my height and usuall only eat three meals a day plus a few snacks and have never gained more than three pounds on a cruise - the secret is you do not have to eat 24/7 just because it is there

Have you worn it in the MDR? B, L, or D?

Oh boy. Here we go. Off to another tangent with responses of body shaming and it is my thyroid.

I think it's awful of you to say this about a junked thyroid. If it happened to you I bet you'd be embarrassed. I know I am.

I weighed 115 pounds until, in my 40's, my thyroid just quit. Four months earlier at my yearly physical it was just fine. I couldn't figure out why I had gained 30+ pounds in that time. Different eating? No. Difference in activity level? No. No bad habits like drink/drugs/smoking. The doctor tested my thyroid and it was no longer doing its job.

Thank you for adding more shame to my already embarrassing situation.

I used to drink soft drinks. It was my one vice, if you consider it one. I stopped that, too.

Seriously people! I was on the Royal for 2 weeks in Oct., robe was fine. After the 1st 7 days, he gave me a new one, both the same and o.k.! I am elite and it really doesn't matter.what the robe is like. I use it every day as I shower before dinner, wear it while I'm drying my hair.

What is with the gelato comment? I got gelato with my coffee card less than a month ago.

OH!! I so miss that parmesean bowl with my Fettuccine!

Easy enough to make (along with Cacio e Pepe-a far more enticing dish than anything with "Alfredo" in its name) -first recipe includes how to make the Parmigiano bowl. The second is just another recipe for the actual Cacio e Pepe.

http://foodloversodyssey.com/2010/08/cacio-e-pepe-pasta-inspired-by-roma-sparita/

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cacio-e-pepe/amp

Sent from my iPhone using Forums