Bon Voyage Experience

froggyj22

We are trying the bve this weekend on the regal princess.We will try and find out a answer to your question.

long cruiser

Not necessary...it's $39pp and chances are no one on the ship will know the answer. When you call Princess to request a BVE reservation, your odds are 50/50 that the reps who answer the phones will know what it is. :eek:

Yes, children are also charged the $39.00. We have had family who have taken 3 children from the ages of 4-15 and they were all charged $39. It was such a nice experience for them they really enjoyed their time on board.

Becky

I just purchased two BVE tickets thru Princess and it was an unexpected process. The first thing they had to do was to see how many tickets have already been sold for my sailing. Luckily they did have room for two. Next They wanted all of the information on my two guests, names, passport numbers, address, birth dates etc. Fortunately they have both cruised with Princess before and were able to find all of the information for me. It is still $39 each ticket. I did ask about children coming with the adults and was told it would not be a problem if there was room. I was told the fee for the ticket covers paperwork that Princess has to complete with homeland security, a meal in the MDR and a photo. It was worth it to me as my guests are my ride to the ship and this is a nice way to say thank you.

What is a BVE? I never heard of this.

BVE = Bon Voyage Experience

You board before the regular passengers. You can get a tour of the ship or wander on your own. You get lunch in MDR including a glass of wine (or can eat anywhere you like among the "free'" venues). You get a photo. The $39 you pay can be put toward the cost of a future cruise. The BVE lasts about 4 hours and then you have to leave the ship (unless you are booked on that cruise).

We have done a BVE twice. Once we foolishly ran out of Future Cruise Deposits which can only be purchased onboard. We did the BVE specifically to be able to purchase more FCDs. Another time our son drove us to the port for our cruise and we took him onboard for the BVE as a thank you. He got to see our balcony cabin, eat in MDR, etc. We gave him the tour ourselves rather than having the Princess BVE rep do it.

Children have to be at least six months old, as shown by their birth certificate. We were going to do a BVE this summer with our two year and four month old granddaughters (and their parents). We were told Homeland Security requires babies to be at least six months old (you have to be at least six months ild to sail, too). Doesn't make sense to me, but that's the rule...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 8 months later...
BVE = Bon Voyage Experience

You board before the regular passengers. You can get a tour of the ship or wander on your own. You get lunch in MDR including a glass of wine (or can eat anywhere you like among the "free'" venues). You get a photo. The $39 you pay can be put toward the cost of a future cruise. The BVE lasts about 4 hours and then you have to leave the ship (unless you are booked on that cruise.

Are you able to book this if you are sailing on that voyage? My cousins and I are taking our first Princess cruise and this sounds like a relaxing way to learn about the ship on embarkation day.

Are you able to book this if you are sailing on that voyage? My cousins and I are taking our first Princess cruise and this sounds like a relaxing way to learn about the ship on embarkation day.

I'm not sure why you would want to pay an additional $39 pp if you were already booked for the cruise. The only advantage would be boarding slightly earlier than you normally would and the ship tour, which you can easily do on your own using the ship map they give you when you board. IMHO it would be a waste of money.

We are having my stepson and daughter in law drive us to the port and since they love cruising as much as we do we thought it would be a nice treat for them and a great way to say thank you.

What a nice, thoughtful thing to do. Good job! I know a couple here in Gig Harbor that for the husband's 70th birthday, his wife took the 2 of them and about a dozen friends on a BVE the day the birthday couple and some of their friends were going on the cruise to Alaska! I thought that was not only very nice but also a great way to have a party...no prep work to do, no clean-up afterward and something nice (the credit on a future cruise) for each and every guest! What's not to like about that??

Tom

I'm not sure why you would want to pay an additional $39 pp if you were already booked for the cruise. The only advantage would be boarding slightly earlier than you normally would and the ship tour, which you can easily do on your own using the ship map they give you when you board. IMHO it would be a waste of money.

Why would it be a waste of money? You'd get the full cost of the BVE back as a credit on a future cruise so you'd end up paying that money out one way or the other!

Tom

Why would it be a waste of money? You'd get the full cost of the BVE back as a credit on a future cruise so you'd end up paying that money out one way or the other!

Tom

But you have to book that future cruise in a fairly short time period - 90 days, I think? Is there someone driving you to the port or in the area you can invite? Pay for their BVE, and you can accompany them onboard.

Tom

That's true. But as I recall, there is a very short window to book a cruise using that credit (90 days I believe).

No...It's only for people not going on the cruise.

Tom:cool:

That's true. But as I recall, there is a very short window to book a cruise using that credit (90 days I believe).

Here's what I did. I had a cruise that I wanted to book so before booking I signed up for 3 BVE's in San Francisco, each 10 days apart & then made my booking & received a nice credit on my booking. So if you have a cruise your wanting to book & you do some BVE's before the booking it works out in your favor. Plus as it has already been mentioned you can also by some additional FCC while on board.

By doing all of these BVE's I was asked at the terminal "You Again?" And I replied that if it wasn't for me you might not have a job.

Tom:cool:

We enjoyed our BVE on the Regal last year after a cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We did not book another Princess cruise in time, but I thought we got our money's worth. We probably would not be sailing on the Royal next month if we had not seen the layout of the Regal.