Mayan Princess Resort via Royal Caribbean

tew060

Question - have any of you done the Mayan Princess Resort excursion through Royal Caribbean? We were going to book independently, but have read that if the ship is diverted, that you cannot get your money back. If we book through the cruiseline, it's more expensive, but guaranteed.

Thoughts?

What did you like/not like about that resort? Is it worth $99 pp since lunch/drinks/chairs are included?

THANKS!

• 7 months later...

How did you all enjoy your time at the resort? We are looking to book there for our stop on 11/8.

We will be traveling with our 3yo so we wont be drinking much, maybe a drink or 2 each. Is it worth getting the AI or not? It would be $100 difference from the day pass but i'm not sure how expensive the food and water are there? Would we spend $100 on food and water if we decided to just do the day pass?

I took this excursion in sept. The resort is very nice. The beach is good and we enjoyed it very much. Only thing we did not like was all the vendors on the beach...As long as you did not sit in first two rows of beach chairs, you were ok. I did not do that anyway because I like the shade. I had nice location under some palm trees. My wife and I eventually went to the excellent pool they have on the property. It is built like the lazy river at Disney and has many simi private areas to lounge in. Food was excellent for lunch and drinks were good. Overall a good value.:D

We sail on Sunday and I'm SUPER excited! I heard back from Mayan and they are sending me the form you referenced. Thanks for your help!

When do you sail?

I'm sailing Thanksgiving week can't wait to read your review.