Epic Specific: What is difference between category MD and MC?

ready2cruzagain

Looking at the Epic, deck 10 cabins 9081 to 9101 (for example), it appears that every other cabin is a different category. One cabin is a MD the next a MC the next a MD the next a MC and so on and so on.

What is the difference? Can't be location since it is every other cabin and I can't figure it out. The reason I ask is because a MC is running $100 more than and MD, what makes it worth $100pp more?

HELP! Driving me batty

:confused::mad:

MC bed is by the balcony, MD bed is by the bathroom. Same is true with MA and MB. I'm unsure why they make the price differentiation, evidently bed by balcony is more desirable. On other ships/categories it makes the cabins 3 or 4 person, so I could see pricing them differently.

MC bed is by the balcony, MD bed is by the bathroom. Same is true with MA and MB. I'm unsure why they make the price differentiation, evidently bed by balcony is more desirable. On other ships/categories it makes the cabins 3 or 4 person, so I could see pricing them differently.

Thank you!!!! Finally! But for $100pp more that is crazy!

What is the difference? Can't be location since it is every other cabin and I can't figure it out. The reason I ask is because a MC is running $100 more than and MD, what makes it worth $100pp more?

The only thing I can think of is if there is a $100 per person price spread it could possibly be that MD's are only available as Guarantees with Free At Sea perks and MCs still let you pick a specific cabin.

What date?

The MC's have tub's. With the mini suites, if the "inward" hump is closer to the door, it has a tub but if the "inward" hump is closer to the balcony, it has a larger shower.

Interesting, I thought that was only true for the Family M2/M3 cabins, which vary as 4/3 person. Thanks.

Looking at the Epic, deck 10 cabins 9081 to 9101 (for example), it appears that every other cabin is a different category. One cabin is a MD the next a MC the next a MD the next a MC and so on and so on.

HELP! Driving me batty

:confused::mad:

I did a mock booking of MC and MD and the main difference seems to be the MC has a bathtub and shower, where the MD just has a shower. It also looks like all the bathtub cabins have the bed near the balcony, probably due to the extra room the tub takes up near the cabin door. When you click on the cabin # while doing the mock booking you can click on "View More", which shows a full description of what's in the cabin.

The MA/MC cabins have bathtub - high edges and not large enough as a soaking tub. We had a MA when DH had broken ankle and he found it a challenge getting in and out of tub - you enter it at the back end of tub, not at side.

The MB/MD have a bigger shower than the regular balcony cabins. The next cruise we had a MD and liked it better than the MA/MC with tub.

As for the Family mini-suites namely M1/M2/M3/M4, look at deck plans ... if the bed is by the balcony, then the cabin has a bathtub.

I'm pretty sure Epic 9253 has the bed closer to the bathroom and couch near the balcony. It does have the larger shower without tub. Please update this thread if you find it otherwise.

9253 is a MD mini-suite, and Ate is correct - bed closer to bathroom and couch next to balcony doors. Yep, larger shower, no bathtub.

ENJOY!!