EZ Air prices change daily!

moki'smommy

As my observations on air fare over the years has become...air fare is like the stock market, changes momentarily, you see a price you like, jump on it or in a moment it will be gone. Example....I booked air at a good price, completed the booking, went back in web site, price went up in the time I was booking.

The title says it all. I'm tracking rates for two cruises. I've been able to reduce my prices twice. I'm still amazed that each day when I price the air' date=' the rates are different than the previous day.[/quote']

As you know, If you track them thru the airlines they change almost everyday, if not minute as well....so why would they not thru EZ air?

If you are going to keep us posted about any additional changes you make, would you mind stating your starting point and destination, for a point of reference for those of us that are following......

Thanks...

As you know, If you track them thru the airlines they change almost everyday, if not minute as well....so why would they not thru EZ air?

If you are going to keep us posted about any additional changes you make, would you mind stating your starting point and destination, for a point of reference for those of us that are following......

Thanks...

The flights that I'm tracking are LAX to Vancouver, BC. We have a B2B booked. My initial flights were about $135 pp in each direction. I'm now down to $106 for the arrival and $104 for the return. These are booked as non-stop flights intentionally, and my concern is that when the flight time gets here, I won't have the non-stops that I intentionally chose.

I looked at flights from my home city, and found that it was impossible to do without 2 layovers and an air fare of $700. Based on this, I determined that it made more sense to fly Southwest to LA, and spend some time with family there before flying together to the cruise. In the past, we've chosen to fly from our various locations and meet at the port city. The cost of the flight from home to LA plus LAX to Vancouver will be almost identical to doing it as a trip from home to Vancouver, but will allow me to spend more time with family. Thus, my posts are focusing only on the LAX to Vancouver portion of the trip.

Edited by moki'smommy

@voljeep,

Yes, The EzAir price (if you pick the "changeable/variable" option) is locked in when you pick it to NOT go higher but can be changed to go lower if that happens. You don't have to pay for it until final payment.

It took me about 2 weeks to get flights I wanted from the airports I wanted at a price I was willing to pay. At first I was flying into one airport and back from another. My issue was coming back from Europe and getting into my small airports on the same day. Many flights were multiple connections (direct is not an option) and being in the air for 30 hours. I was very pleased with my outcome. It is Business Class and about $1100 more than Economy Class and flying into my home town airport. I went through 7 different revisions. After that, the prices just went up and the times got worse on the flights they were showing. I was very anxious to ticket these flights as they were $5500 less than what the airline had.

Unfortunately, ticketing the flights does not mean that the airline can't change them....it just means that Princess can't fool with them.

My current plan is to ticket the flights at the time of final payment for the cruise. That at least will give me more to "discuss" with the airline if my direct flights somehow disappear.

@voljeep,

Yes, The EzAir price (if you pick the "changeable/variable" option) is locked in when you pick it to NOT go higher but can be changed to go lower if that happens. You don't have to pay for it until final payment.

I'm a believer - you can book the flight with no money down if doing the refundable type, monitor, and completely change flights if you choose too. I have our flights booked for November and by changing to new flights I found from ATL to FLL, I was able to save $150 and will keep watching. Delta non-stop was cheaper than Southwest and that isn't often.

Unfortunately' date=' ticketing the flights does not mean that the airline can't change them....it just means that Princess can't fool with them.

My current plan is to ticket the flights at the time of final payment for the cruise. That at least will give me more to "discuss" with the airline if my direct flights somehow disappear.[/quote']

Correct. I have already had 2 changes. I have 3 hours as a layover each direction so hopefully that gives me a good buffer. I fly from a small airport so my choices are limited. I know others on my roll call who flew from LAX had a ton of choices.

I did ticket my flights at final payment (well, within a day or two).

Yep, you have to really watch the prices. I was able to get mine re-fared twice before I paid for them about 4 months prior to sail date. They never went down once it got to that point. It really varies depending on your route.

I booked my flight for Oct. 26 from PBI to Quebec, my daughter booked from FLL. Is there a way to check flights on EZ air without having to go into my booking as I`m afraid to lose what I have now.

The best thing for me about Ez Air is that you get to pick the flights you want.

This is different than some other cruise lines who tell you they will book your flights and let you know which ones they have chosen for you! We don't do that! We like to know the time and the stops or non stop etc. and don't want the cruise line to choose for us. This seems like a no lose situation.

I booked my flight for Oct. 26 from PBI to Quebec, my daughter booked from FLL. Is there a way to check flights on EZ air without having to go into my booking as I`m afraid to lose what I have now.

1. You can choose the dates for the cruise you are sailing on and then choose the tab for flight quote.

or

2. you can modify your current booking to shop. Nothing is changed until you save the changes.

I always get nervous that I will cancel my flight so I usually choose option 1

We have never used EZ Air but have booked a cruise out of Southampton in late 2019. I have been told that EZ Air is a good way to go for international flights - a better deal than for local flights. Is this the consensus here? It's obviously too early to book air at this point but we need to figure out what we are doing as, up until now, we have only done cruises that leave from the US. All but one have left from the west coast. We are utterly clueless at this point. :confused:

We have never used EZ Air but have booked a cruise out of Southampton in late 2019. I have been told that EZ Air is a good way to go for international flights - a better deal than for local flights. Is this the consensus here? It's obviously too early to book air at this point but we need to figure out what we are doing as, up until now, we have only done cruises that leave from the US. All but one have left from the west coast. We are utterly clueless at this point. :confused:

As you note, you can't do anything until 330 days before the flight, whether thru the airline or EZAir. If you are booking round trip, that means 330 days before the return flight.

Yes, in my experience, the savings thru EZ Air are best on international flights. They are particularly remarkable if you are booking business class or first class seats. However, there are some "bare bones" airlines that offer great prices providing you are using big city airports. For instance, Norwegian air has amazing rates to various European cities when departing from JFK, LAX, MCO, etc. in the US.

There is no downside to booking EZ Air and then shopping around for a better deal.

I book my cruises far out also. I look at the airfare for same cruise in 2018. I check both EZair and directly with the airline. I get an idea of the airfare cost. Once the air window opens up (~330 days from the end of your cruise) You should know of you are getting a deal :):)

I also do this with award tickets...I check to see the number of miles when they are first released so when my date comes around I know how many miles I need.

For our first trip to Europe, I got an American Airlines credit card. It got us enough miles to fly to Europe and then Delta credit card miles got us home.

The flights that I'm tracking are LAX to Vancouver' date=' BC. We have a B2B booked. My initial flights were about $135 pp in each direction. I'm now down to $106 for the arrival and $104 for the return. These are booked as non-stop flights intentionally, and my concern is that when the flight time gets here, I won't have the non-stops that I intentionally chose.

.[/quote']

I'm booked from LAX to YVR in Sept for a cruise with EZAIR and got $83.55 fare for a great time at1:00 PM. The same flight directly on the Air Canada site is $137 so ezair is a bargain.

1. You can choose the dates for the cruise you are sailing on and then choose the tab for flight quote.

or

2. you can modify your current booking to shop. Nothing is changed until you save the changes.

I always get nervous that I will cancel my flight so I usually choose option 1

Thank you, I`ll try option 1.

I booked EZ air under a restricted ticket, which was paid for right away. Our cruise is not until September. Can I still watch prices and IF (we got it really cheap anyway) it goes lower, can it be changed?

No. That's the difference between restricted and flexible fares. Your fare is locked in as of the day of purchase.

We got such a great EZ Air deal on our Sept. transatlantic I went ahead and paid way in advance so that the price couldn’t change closer to the voyage. Roundtrip Phoenix to Copenhagen and then NYC to Phoenix was only $425!