Divini hurricane cruise

Cosmo121

Ok this is our first post but probably the most important!

We just came off the hurricane cruise on the MSC Divinia and we were amazed. We decided to try the line for the first time and so glad we did. Reading the reviews before we went made us very nervous that we made the wrong decision. Let me tell you ~ make up your own mind and don't listen to the negative Nelly's! From the ship to the crew and the captain and the food and...... everything was amazing!

This company took care of every guest at the end when the hurricane came. They made sure all of us were ready to get off and kept us on until that point. Even though we never made it to any of our original ports - the ports they took us to were amazing and we will definitely go back on this cruise line again! We are looking forward to their new ship the seaside and will definitely cruise with that ship.

Once again thank you MSC and Captain Marco Massa for the care you guys took for all of us and the wonderful cruise!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

In full agreement with Cosmo121 - from Captain Massa (who was outstanding) to all of the crew who worked so hard for us and were always smiling - thank you! The Divina is a beautiful ship - there truly is nothing negative to say. We were on the Divina in April and again for what turned out to be the "Irma" cruise and have booked the Seaside for next year. Yeah! I have discovered that you can book a future cruise and make a down payment (I am very particular about what cabin I want) but then you have any time up until full payment to get a complete refund if necessary. I fully intend to cruise on the Seaside on the date I have already picked and in the cabin I have picked but I am comfortable booking it far out due to the fact that a full refund is granted if necessary. I do not think that is an option on any other cruise line.

Yeah! I have discovered that you can book a future cruise and make a down payment (I am very particular about what cabin I want) but then you have any time up until full payment to get a complete refund if necessary. I fully intend to cruise on the Seaside on the date I have already picked and in the cabin I have picked but I am comfortable booking it far out due to the fact that a full refund is granted if necessary. I do not think that is an option on any other cruise line.

HAL will allow you to cancel with a full refund up until Final Payment due date. After that, there is a sliding schedule.

The way that MSC has handled the last week's hurricane has impressed me. I definitely will look for an opportunity to sail with MSC.

You took the words out of my mouth! We were also on the Irma cruise and it was out first with MSC and we were so impressed. I can't say enough good things about this cruise, everything was great, not perfect but great. We won't hesitate to cruise with them again.

We were on the famous Irma cruise- 7 days turned into 13. The Captain and staff were great, food was great (really miss the pizza) the trip was great, shows little repetitive, our only problem was at Guest services and at the Cruise Consultant numerous times. You can easily see what staff worked on other cruises and which were MSC trained. Overall it was a great trip, and we will def sail MSC again

Safe sailing

I'll answer. Booked itinerary was St Maarten, Puerto Rico and Nassau. We went to Montego Bay, and Grand Cayman then back to Miami (on thursday) where 860 passengers left, then to Cozumel for 3 days while the storm hit, then finally Miami. The Captain was unbelievable with his decisions. Going back to Miami to offload passengers who wanted off was an amazing humanitarian decision. Extremely impressed how MSC handled everything during this crisis.

Safe sailing

Thank you spidybabe for the prompt response:D We are currently booked on the Seaside for February 17 - 24th and were concerned that perhaps there won't be too much to visit in Puerto Rico, St. Maarten, etc.

I guess we will just have to keep a close eye on what happens as the months go forward. Our thoughts and prayers to everyone in harms way from these hurricanes:(