A reliable meet and greet car parking service at SOUTHAMPTON DOCKS.

jimjams

Hi, does anyone know of a reliable meet and greet car parking service that caters for 2 ports. (We would like to park our own car for 6 weeks while away) We are sailing outbound to Florida on Silhouette 03/11/18 and returning 08.12.18 on Queen Mary both Southampton but different docks. Any information would be appreciated.

Edited by jimjams

Hi, does anyone know of a reliable meet and greet car parking service that caters for 2 ports. (We would like to park our own car for 6 weeks while away) We are sailing outbound to Florida on Silhouette 03/11/18 and returning 08.12.18 on Queen Mary both Southampton but different docks. Any information would be appreciated.

We have used ABP on the docks before but I'm not sure how you get from one dock to the other. Wouldn't it be a cheaper option to use train to Southampton ?

Have a look on the P&O forum, there is a recent thread about parking in Southampton, which might help. Depending where you live, personally I would not want to leave my car anywhere for 6 weeks, we are 200 miles away and if our son could not drive us down, I would be taking a local taxi or taking the train.

That sounds perfect...one more question, do they bring the car to you on return?

No, you just walk over to the short stay car park across the road from the terminal. Normally just a 100 yds or so. You'd probably need to ring them and explain what you want. normally they just do parking for one cruise when booking over the internet. Have used them numerous times and always had excellent service, using them again in May.

Sorry Simon, I didn't make myself clear, I require car parking for 6 weeks not car hire but thanks for your help.

We have used ABP on the docks before but I'm not sure how you get from one dock to the other. Wouldn't it be a cheaper option to use train to Southampton ?

I'd be of the same opinion. Where are you coming from? Southampton Central station and the Coach station (for National Express) are both close to the cruise terminals and overnight hotels (eg Premier Inn, Ibis etc) if required. I'm sure it would work out cheaper than 6 weeks parking.

Simon

Thank you to everyone who has replied regarding our parking up while away. Never having done this before it's pretty daunting and we don't want to make wrong choices. We are coming from York, when we have cruised in the past it's only been at most 16 days.

Just looked on National Rail . There is a direct train both ways York to Southampton. ( can’t do exact dates yet) . On the Friday leave 1035, are 1517 (night in Southampton), return on the Saturday 0947, are 1440. About £100 ea return, just over 4 1/2 hrs each way.

Simon

Just looked on National Rail . There is a direct train both ways York to Southampton. ( can’t do exact dates yet) . On the Friday leave 1035, are 1517 (night in Southampton), return on the Saturday 0947, are 1440. About £100 ea return, just over 4 1/2 hrs each way.

Simon

Simon, sounds like a very good alternitive, thank you for the info. We will stay in hotel as we are so far away.

Many thanks Janet

OP. The 8th December is the sailing date from NY, you will be in Southampton on the 15th December!

Only 10 days to sort Christmas out!

Silly me! you are correct...we set sail from NY on the 8th arriving back in Southampton on the 15th.

We used the train from Huddersfield to Southampton when we were flying back from Montreal, so didn’t want our car in Southampton.

If you book 12 weeks before hand you can get a decent price reduction. We also bought a 2 together Rail Card. The total price for both of us should have £256. Our one way single ticket cost £110, which included the rail card purchase. We flew via Manchester so we didn’t have to change trains in London.

We used the train from Huddersfield to Southampton when we were flying back from Montreal, so didn’t want our car in Southampton.

If you book 12 weeks before hand you can get a decent price reduction. We also bought a 2 together Rail Card. The total price for both of us should have £256. Our one way single ticket cost £110, which included the rail card purchase. We flew via Manchester so we didn’t have to change trains in London.

Worth looking in to, thank you.

• 2 months later...

We used Penguin Parking. They do Park and Ride and will drop you off at what ever berth you need in southampton then you can arrange for them to meey you at heathrow or gatwick and they will bring you back to your car. Really easy and all sorted out with one phone call.

If you stay overnight in many Southampton hotels they will do you a very reasonable parking package.

The Holiday Inn is one of them and has a car parking package....not certain if it's free especially for that long....but you can walk to the ship from the dock.