Should i change my state room?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 01:16 PM.
Oregon
1,521 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by octoberdana
Are the balconies on Rivera and Baja deck covered?
Yes. The only uncovered balconies on the ship are the Dolphin deck mini-suites. The Caribe balconies are roughly half covered. Everything else, to my knowledge, is covered.

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Upcoming: 10-night Mexican Riviera, Grand Princess, Jan. 12, 2018; 1-night Transatlantic to Barcelona, Crown Princess, April 3, 2018; 11-night Baltic cruise, Regal Princess, Aug. 9, 2018; 7-night Northern California Coast, Ruby Princess, Sept. 22, 2018

2000: Sovereign of the Seas, Bahamas * 2004: Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera * 2007: Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera * 2010: Carnival Paradise, Baja * 2012: Norwegian Jewel, Alaska; Carnival Splendor, Mexican Riviera * 2014: Celebrity Constellation, Cozumel and Key West; Carnival Valor, Eastern Caribbean; Golden Princess, San Diego and Ensenada, B2B * 2015: Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean; Crown Princess, Alaska; Grand Princess, California coast; Island Princess, Panama Canal * 2016: Crown Princess, Mexican Riviera; Regal Princess, Copenhagen to NY, TA. * 2017: Royal Princess, Caribbean; Emerald Princess, Vancouver to L.A.
Chico, California
9,479 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
I would either stay where you are or else snag the Caribe cabin for the extra large balcony. For what it's worth I get carsick on winding roads if I try to read or do anything other than pay attention to the road. I get horrendously seasick even on just a tender.

I go to my doctor and get the patch. TransdermScop. I have been through weather where many of the "iron stomach" crowd retired to their cabins to lie down. I ate steak and lobster instead. I have never gotten even the slightest twinge of seasickness no matter what the weather when wearing that little round patch behind my ear.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Fla Treasure Coast
776 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
We were on R615 on both Ruby and Crown, for our next Princess cruise in November, R615 was open so we snagged it right way.
Anything mid aft is just steps away from the terrace pool and the Horizon, also the elevators will take you straight to Michelangelo or DaVinci dining rooms.

We also never heard a peep from above, and the balcony is fully covered.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Mike and Carol
Cruising Since 1981
Latinum Members on Federation Cruise Lines

2017 Cruises:
January - Norwegian Pearl
November - Crown Princess
2018 Cruises:
February - Independence of the Seas
Midwest
182 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by Thrak
I would either stay where you are or else snag the Caribe cabin for the extra large balcony. For what it's worth I get carsick on winding roads if I try to read or do anything other than pay attention to the road. I get horrendously seasick even on just a tender.

I go to my doctor and get the patch. TransdermScop. I have been through weather where many of the "iron stomach" crowd retired to their cabins to lie down. I ate steak and lobster instead. I have never gotten even the slightest twinge of seasickness no matter what the weather when wearing that little round patch behind my ear.

Caribe deck not available now. 2 on Baja 201, 218. And 2 on Riveria R726, 742. And I believe front cabin on aloha.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Save
Save

Save
Save

Save
Save

Save
Save
Georgia, USA
335 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
We had R616,618, and 620 on the Caribbean Princess (sister ship). I would NEVER take these rooms again. You are right across from the dish washing station which goes all night long.

Also there is a tile floor directly above these rooms and all night long there are carts banging across them.

Even after complaints it continued.

We've had rooms all around and under the Horizon Court with no problems except these.

I checked the deck plans, just to be sure, and they are in the same location on the Emerald.

I'd go for R 727 or R 731.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pam ¸.´ (¸.´ .´ ¸¸.¨¯`•.

Royal Princess 3/17, Royal Princess 3/16, NCL Pride of America 3/15,Allure RC 2/15, Oasis RC 3/14, Caribbean Princess 8/13, Caribbean Princess 2/13, Ruby Princess 2/12, Carnival Valor 3/11, Caribbean Princess 3/10, Coral Princess 7/09, Caribbean Princess 3/08, Carnival Liberty 3/07,SOS RC 12/06,Carnival Liberty 3/06, Carnival Miracle 4/05, Carnival Glory 4/04

Save

Save
Midwest
182 Posts
Joined Mar 2014
Originally posted by pshaze
We had R616,618, and 620 on the Caribbean Princess (sister ship). I would NEVER take these rooms again. You are right across from the dish washing station which goes all night long.

Also there is a tile floor directly above these rooms and all night long there are carts banging across them.

Even after complaints it continued.

We've had rooms all around and under the Horizon Court with no problems except these.

I checked the deck plans, just to be sure, and they are in the same location on the Emerald.

I'd go for R 727 or R 731.

Only R742 or B218 left.

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Save
Save

Save
Save

Save
Save

Save
Save
COLORADO
59,527 Posts
Joined Jan 2004
only r742 or b218 left.

r 742

The CB is not a sister ship of the Emerald.
Similar yes, the same no.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Keith
Princess Elite Member
57 Princess Cruises

USNS HARKNESS T-AGS 32
Georgia, USA
335 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Only R742 or B218 left.

Personally prefer aft cabins to forward ones but that is a choice only you can make.

I would also keep checking every day to see if any other cabins open up.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pam ¸.´ (¸.´ .´ ¸¸.¨¯`•.

Royal Princess 3/17, Royal Princess 3/16, NCL Pride of America 3/15,Allure RC 2/15, Oasis RC 3/14, Caribbean Princess 8/13, Caribbean Princess 2/13, Ruby Princess 2/12, Carnival Valor 3/11, Caribbean Princess 3/10, Coral Princess 7/09, Caribbean Princess 3/08, Carnival Liberty 3/07,SOS RC 12/06,Carnival Liberty 3/06, Carnival Miracle 4/05, Carnival Glory 4/04

Save

Save
Chico, California
9,479 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser
r 742

R742 is a better location (further aft) on Emerald than on Caribbean. Keith is right. It would be a great location on Emerald.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Georgia, USA
335 Posts
Joined Feb 2004
Originally posted by Colo Cruiser

You are right. Sorry for the confusion. We sailed on the Ruby also.

However the placement of the Horizon Court entrances are in the exact same place on both ships with the same rooms under. I wouldn't pick that area. (R616,618,620).

I would go for R742 also.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Pam ¸.´ (¸.´ .´ ¸¸.¨¯`•.

Save

Save
1,115 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
We have actually had a cabin directly under the Horizon court and had absolutely no issue. DW is a very light sleeper and we never heard so much as a peep from the deck above.

I think you will be just fine.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival:
Miracle 2017 Mex Riviera

DCL:
Wonder 2017 Caribbean

NCL:
Spirit 2010 Caribbean

Princess:
Ruby Princess 2017 Mex Riviera, Royal Princess 2016 Eastern Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2015 Caribbean, Star Princess 2013 Alaska, Crown Princess 2012 Caribbean, Emerald Princess 2010 Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2007 Caribbean, Caribbean Princess 2006 Caribbean

RCCL:
Oasis 2018 Eastern Caribbean

Windstar:
Wind Surf 2000 Caribbean
3,297 Posts
Joined Jul 2005
I've had cabins directly under the Horizon buffet several times and loved the location. No problem with noise from the buffet and it's easy to get to rear open deck for great views.

We usually pick a cabin in R 700+ to avoid being under the pool area.