New Cunard Drink Package

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!


Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:50 AM.
#1
Atlanta, GA
15 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Just received a promotion for new bookings that includes a drink package. According to the Cunard website Q&A section, they offer a coffee card and wine package. I contacted my travel agent and she says it is for ANY beverage up to $12. Are we safe to assume alcohol, wine, coffee, tea, soft drinks?

Anyone know for sure?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#2
Lancashire
299 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
I'm guessing that's USA rather than Uk unless it's possibly the Grills


Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature











=http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk][/url]g
#4
Atlanta, GA
15 Posts
Joined Apr 2013
Ok, I'm in the USA but cruise is in 2018 from Hamburg. Baltic cruise. Does it include ALL beverages priced up to $12 each? Are you still charged the 15% s/c?

Thank you for your replies!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#5
poole,UK
104 Posts
Joined May 2010
Originally posted by phantom5777
Ok, I'm in the USA but cruise is in 2018 from Hamburg. Baltic cruise. Does it include ALL beverages priced up to $12 each? Are you still charged the 15% s/c?

Thank you for your replies!
We had drinks package last Xmas in PG & it included all drinks up tp $13( alcohol,juice,.coffee, soda etc )
15% was not charged. You cannot order a bottle of wine but can get unlimited glasses under price limit..
The prices appeared on your daily staenent but disappeared overnight.
#7
South Lincolnshire
1,336 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
We have the free drinks in November in a PG cabin, terms are attached.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Drinks terms.jpg (68.8 KB, 189 views)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Valentine Jewell

40 cruises since 1991

To come, number 41
QUEEN ELIZABETH, November 2017
#8
Brooksville FL
3,565 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by phantom5777
I assume the drink package includes beverages in the mini-fridge?
You better check on that as I don't think that is included ?
No way to control who is accessing those drinks .
#9
450 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Originally posted by phantom5777
I assume the drink package includes beverages in the mini-fridge?
I would very much doubt that unless the passengers were travelling in Queen's Grill when they'd get the fridge contents and two bottles of wine/spirits of their choice, 'free' anyway..
#12
Oakland, CA USA
1,758 Posts
Joined Jan 2013
Vannerhawk summed it up correctly. We were in PG in June and received this free drinks perk. It included just what Vannerhawk wrote about, but not the drinks in the fridge. Just about all the servers were very flexible and clever about meeting our drink needs within the $12 limit. We enjoyed our beverages. Oh, and we have the same deal on our upcoming October crossing, and are looking forward to it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cunard: 109 Days
Seabourn: 68 Days
Azamara: 64 Days
HAL: 34 Days
Crystal: 31 Days
Celebrity: 14 Days
Princess: 14 Days
RCL: 7 Days
Commodore: 7 Days
Carnival: 3 Days
Goodtime II: 1 Day
#13
Staffordshire
1,927 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
seems totally unfair that the offer is not available for cruisers in the UK who have already booked QG suites or are thinking of booking in the future. Surely it is only right that Cunard should have the same offers wherever you book your cruise.
#14
UK
628 Posts
Joined Dec 2011
Originally posted by majortom10
seems totally unfair that the offer is not available for cruisers in the UK who have already booked QG suites or are thinking of booking in the future. Surely it is only right that Cunard should have the same offers wherever you book your cruise.
This is another case of double standards, unfortunately. United States cruising booking conditions imho are far more customer focused than the UK. Whatever the price is when we book, is the price we are stuck with, no reduction for us if the fair subsequently goes down for new bookings. In the US, I understand they just phone the cruise line and the new price is honoured.
#16
RESIST USA
9,482 Posts
Joined Apr 2010
Originally posted by PRINCESSTHE BEST
This is another case of double standards, unfortunately. United States cruising booking conditions imho are far more customer focused than the UK. Whatever the price is when we book, is the price we are stuck with, no reduction for us if the fair subsequently goes down for new bookings. In the US, I understand they just phone the cruise line and the new price is honoured.
Just to clarify: in the US, if the fare goes down, yes - passengers can obtain that reduced price PROVIDED that it is not past final payment date. (Final payment date varies, depending on voyage but most often it is 120 days prior to sale date.) Also, many special offers state that no further price reductions may be made, and that deposit is non refundable and due within (usually) three days. Some special offers require non-refundable payment in full at the time of booking

I believe UK posters have mentioned special offers that they availed themselves of - and those offers were not available to North American passengers.

Salacia
#17
Staffordshire
1,927 Posts
Joined Sep 2010
Originally posted by Salacia
Just to clarify: in the US, if the fare goes down, yes - passengers can obtain that reduced price PROVIDED that it is not past final payment date. (Final payment date varies, depending on voyage but most often it is 120 days prior to sale date.) Also, many special offers state that no further price reductions may be made, and that deposit is non refundable and due within (usually) three days. Some special offers require non-refundable payment in full at the time of booking

I believe UK posters have mentioned special offers that they availed themselves of - and those offers were not available to North American passengers.

Salacia
In the UK once we have booked the cruise we pay a deposit of 15% of cruise price if booked before final payment day and does not matter how far in advance we book our deposit is non refundable if we cancel and if price of cruise comes down we cannot access that new price. The only option we have if it is financially advantageous is cancel and lose your deposit and then book at the new lower price.
#18
essex uk and calabria italy
777 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by insanemagnet
So book through the US website?
You can't,we live in Italy and we can't access cunard uk,even though we type it in.Cunard only recognises your location online.
#19
Corfu
81 Posts
Joined Nov 2008
Originally posted by brian1
You can't,we live in Italy and we can't access cunard uk,even though we type it in.Cunard only recognises your location online.
Use a VPN then you can access cunard uk or anywhere.