50th Cruise - invitation to the Bridge

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:41 PM.
Brisbane, Australia
6 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Hi All,

Hoping you can all help me. I have heard on here a little while ago that on your 50th cruise with Princess you get an invitation to the Bridge. Is this still the case? And, do they count P&O Australia (it is counted for my elite status and also my "extra loyalty onboard credits").

Thanks in advance

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

california
107 Posts
Joined Feb 2007
Hello another way to get the tour, we wrote a letter to the Captain very early in the cruise. The invitation was for two people. There were 6 or 8 of us. It was a great time. Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
sjfrany
Bolton / Accrington, Lancashire, UK
7,685 Posts
Joined Feb 2008
Got an invite on our First and Second Ruby cruise November 2008 and 2009, same Captain, Tony Yeomans on both cruises plus same Staff Captain Gavin Pears.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Small things Amuse Small Minds while Bigger Fools Look on.

Relax Unwind Be Yourself! =Ruby Princess.

YOU CAN`T APPRECIATE THE RAINBOW WITHOUT THE RAIN.
[email protected]

MSC Seaside December 2017 Caribbean
MSC Preziosa September 2017 Northern Europe.
Majestic Princess April 2017 Inaugural med cruise.
MSC Orchestra November 2014 Venice to Dubai
MSC Divina November 2013 T.A. Venice to Miami
MSC Opera June 2013 Southampton to Norway
MSC Poesia November 2012 T.A Barcelona to Fort Lauderdale
NCL Jade April/May 2012 B2B Venice to Greek Islands
NCL Jade February 2012 Barcelona to Canary Islands
Costa Deliziosa December 2011 Savona to Savona
Mariner of the Seas May 2011Rome to Rome
Oasis of the Seas October 2010 Caribbean
Queen Victoria May 2010 Southampton to Southampton
Ruby Princess November 2009....
Vision of the Seas September 2009 Denmark to Norway
Brilliance of the Seas June 2009 Barcelona to Barcelona.
Ruby Princess November 2008 ....

whitby Ontario Canada
1,038 Posts
Joined Oct 2006
I wrote a letter to the captain a few years ago as we were bringing our friends in their first cruise and our daughter was with us who was and engineering student. I mentioned those two facts on my letter. I heard back the next day and was invited to the bridge with about 4 others amid tight security. It was a great visit. Since the. I have worked on cruise ships and had to visit the bridge often. Still love going there
Terry

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Auburn, CA
3,058 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
On my 50th cruise, my husband and I received an invitation to visit the bridge. It was arranged through the Circle Hostess, Melissa. There were eight of us in total. One couple was on their honeymoon. The view was amazing.

Princess goes by the number of cruise credits, not by the number of cruises, to determine the 50th cruise. Your name is on a "VIP" list, which is provided to the Circle Host. In addition to the bridge tour, we received flowers champagne, chocolate strawberries, a deluxe cheese platter, 50th anniversary pins, and special recognition at the past passenger party.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Party Barbie Princess Elite Member

Upcoming Cruises
Grand 10/5/17 10-Day Mexico, Sun 1/26/18 4-Day New Zealand/Australia, Diamond 2/6/18 12-Day Australia/New Zealand, Grand 9/23/18 7-Day Coastal, Grand 9/30/18 7-Day Coastal, Royal 4/27/19 7-Day Mexico, Royal 5/4/19 7-Day Wine Country Coastal
Completed Cruises
Princess: Fair 5/90, Fair 11/92, Golden 11/93, Fair 11/94, Pacific 2/95, Regal 4/96, Star 11/96, Regal 4/99, Regal 4/00, Sea 9/00, Sun 5/01, Grand 3/02, Grand 3/03, Diamond 4/04, Star 12/04, Grand 12/05, Regal 5/06, Island 4/07, Dawn 11/07, Caribbean 1/08, Emerald 3/09, Island 5/09, Royal 4/10, Sea 9/10, Sapphire 1/11, Sapphire 5/11, Star 4/12, Crown 11/12, Star 4/13, Star 9/13, Pacific 11/13, Island 3/14, Star 6/14, Island 9/14, Island 11/14, Star 3/15, Emerald 10/15, Grand 11/15, Grand 1/16, Ruby 4/16, Ruby 9/16, Island 11/16, Grand 1/17, Grand 5/17
Celebrity: Galaxy 2/98, Mercury 3/98
RCCL: Nordic Prince 9/84 & 4/91, Viking Serenade 3/94
American Hawaii: Independence 9/89
San Diego
6,019 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
We recently celebrated our 50th Princess cruise. It was incredible how Princess recognized us.
All the items that Party Barbie mentioned. At the Captain's Circle party we got to go in early and sit in front row.
The Bridge tour was a huge highlight.So Thanks Princess.
Concord, California
3,555 Posts
Joined Jun 2000
My recent Christmas cruise on the Grand was both my 50th cruise and 75 cruise credit. Lot s of goodies including a Bridge invite but not sure which earned me that.
Actually missed it as I was on the Ultimate ship tour so did make it anyway. lol
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
[email protected]

Princess 54 cruises HAL 4 cruises Celebrity 4 cruises
RCCL 4 cruise NCL 1 cruise Carnival 1 cruise
Alaska 26 Caribbean 14 Mexico 11 Coastal 5 South America 2
Panama Canal 2 Hawaii 2 Transatlantic 2 Baltic 1 Tahiti 1
Australia/New Zealand 1 Norway 1
Brisbane, Australia
6 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Thanks everyone for your help. I had written to the captain previously. It was in Dec 2016, just after we had got back from the U.K. as my husband had received a very special award at Buckingham Palace where we both met the Queen - a once in a lifetime event. I thought in saying why he was awarded (his many many years of service to Royal Life Saving) that it may have been given an invite. But unfortunately not!

I do know about the credits and am currently sitting on 47 credits - have two more princess cruises booked, which will take us up to 49, but i saw a P&O cruise for good value - i might just wait it out to get the 50th and see what happens.

Thanks again
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

494 Posts
Joined Feb 2003
You should know that there have been changes to the recognition of your 50th cruise point. I was on the Caribbean Princess in April, on my 49th Princess cruise point. I went to the CC host and asked what I could expect on my next cruise to recognize me on my 50th. He said that it depended on the ship (could be flowers, canapés, trip to the bridge, etc). I embarked on my 50th on July 13, and heard nothing from the CC hostess, so I paid her a visit and asked. She apologetically told me that the rules had changed on June 1. Instead of recognizing a passenger on their 50th cruise point, it has been changed to a recognition on your 500th day. So, since I had "only" 431 days, I was told that I would get no special "longevity" recognition on that 50th cruise. Just have to keep cruising Princess to get what had been known as the 50th perks and now is given to a passenger at 500 days.
Greenville, SC, USA
52,226 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
We are closing on 50 cruise credits and 750 cruise days. We will hit both next year, but on different trips. On my upcoming cruise, I plan to talk to the CC Host to see what we can hope for when we reach either or both. I will probably visit the CC Host each cruise until we have hit both
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
1,279 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
I can't believe it. After taking 49 cruises, not credits, and sailing over 600 days, I will get nothing on my next cruise. We have extra
credits with suites but was told by the CC it didn't count and we
would have to wait until out 50th cruise. Now they change the
rules again. After this cruise, that will be the end with Princess
as our go to cruise line. We have taken another line which we
enjoyed, but loved Princess for the perts. Sorry if I vented, but I
am so upset as we were so looking forward to the celebration.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
5,711 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by jkocpa
You should know that there have been changes to the recognition of your 50th cruise point. I was on the Caribbean Princess in April, on my 49th Princess cruise point. I went to the CC host and asked what I could expect on my next cruise to recognize me on my 50th. He said that it depended on the ship (could be flowers, canapés, trip to the bridge, etc). I embarked on my 50th on July 13, and heard nothing from the CC hostess, so I paid her a visit and asked. She apologetically told me that the rules had changed on June 1. Instead of recognizing a passenger on their 50th cruise point, it has been changed to a recognition on your 500th day. So, since I had "only" 431 days, I was told that I would get no special "longevity" recognition on that 50th cruise. Just have to keep cruising Princess to get what had been known as the 50th perks and now is given to a passenger at 500 days.
I only wish they would publish their information about those perks so everyone could plan accordingly.
As it is now it seems to be word of mouth only.
Did she mention what the recognition schedule is for future days cruised. ie. 500, 600, 700 days?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
Greenville, SC, USA
52,226 Posts
Joined Apr 2000
Previous threads have included reports that it is the multiples of 250 days that are included, ie. 500, 750, etc
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Paul
Southern Cal/Maui No Ka Oi
18,732 Posts
Joined Dec 2009
Originally posted by floridalover5623
I only wish they would publish their information about those perks so everyone could plan accordingly.
As it is now it seems to be word of mouth only.
It would be good for them to disclose in writing the extra benefits & qualifications. Now such things as this & other things such as MTP events & Loyalty credits are word of mouth only. I see no reason for the secrecy of these programs which should be clearly stated & implemented the same way fleetwide.

After sailing our booked cruises we'll be 50 days or 10 cruises short of those extra benefits. So we're better off with it being based on days but they should have a procedure for passengers such as bcnvcanada.

I've read posts that state Princess is changing some benefits qualifications procedures. Determing who is invited to the MTP event or the top 3 repeat passengers have always been based on days. However several reports are that it will now be based solely on days sailed on Princess & not days on other cruise lines such as P&O. Those days will continue to be used for Captain's Circle levels but not the MTP event & top 3 repeat passengers. Having read posts from passengers who qualified on their first Princess cruise based on their P&O cruises is not how passengers should qualify for these extra benefits.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
5,711 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
I really don't care how they count it for the extra perks but I only wish they would publish something in writing so I would know what to expect & when it would apply.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
pa
7,039 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Astro Flyer
It would be good for them to disclose in writing the extra benefits & qualifications. Now such things as this & other things such as MTP events & Loyalty credits are word of mouth only. I see no reason for the secrecy of these programs which should be clearly stated & implemented the same way fleetwide.

After sailing our booked cruises we'll be 50 days or 10 cruises short of those extra benefits. So we're better off with it being based on days but they should have a procedure for passengers such as bcnvcanada.

I've read posts that state Princess is changing some benefits qualifications procedures. Determing who is invited to the MTP event or the top 3 repeat passengers have always been based on days. However several reports are that it will now be based solely on days sailed on Princess & not days on other cruise lines such as P&O. Those days will continue to be used for Captain's Circle levels but not the MTP event & top 3 repeat passengers. Having read posts from passengers who qualified on their first Princess cruise based on their P&O cruises is not how passengers should qualify for these extra benefits.
Regarding loyalty OBC I have seen this information in writing in a pamphlet on the Captain's Circle Desk.
The top 40 Most Traveled Passenger program is counted in days on board. It was recently changed to include only days sailed on Princess Cruise Lines. I have not seen this in writing, but was told this information by the Captain's Circle host on our last cruise. Days sailed on P&O are counted toward Captain's Circle status, but are no longer counted for the MTP program.
sw, Fl - Fort Myers Area
5,711 Posts
Joined Nov 2015
Originally posted by sknight
Regarding loyalty OBC I have seen this information in writing in a pamphlet on the Captain's Circle Desk.
The top 40 Most Traveled Passenger program is counted in days on board. It was recently changed to include only days sailed on Princess Cruise Lines. I have not seen this in writing, but was told this information by the Captain's Circle host on our last cruise. Days sailed on P&O are counted toward Captain's Circle status, but are no longer counted for the MTP program.
All this seem very secretive. Only those who question the program can be made aware of the requirements.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
s600/781/67/85
15 - 25 - 30
18,407 Posts
Joined Aug 2013
Originally posted by Astro Flyer

Seems like the initial formulation of perks was intended to promote patronage Princess cruises, but its ongoing update, if published, tends to discourage it now.