What to wear zip lining???

rjack22

Okay ladies, what clothing would you suggest for zip lining in Costa Rica where it is very warm and humid?

I would like to wear shorts and a tank top with tennis shoes but I don't know if this is acceptable. Input please?

Shorts and tennis shoes should be fine. I would wear a heavier weight pair of shorts just because that's where all the gear goes!

Your choice is about the norm from my experiences. If you have enjoyed zip lining before, you know that the apparatus that you have to wear can ride up a bit :) so making sure you allow for that could determine what shorts you wear. Tank tops work well too-I have some that are the coolmax type of fabric that helps with humid temperatures. My only extra piece of advice that I would give you is to not forget bug spray.

Also, I have been on zip lines where they wouldn't let you carry your camera and some that have allowed you to take pictures so you might want to have a Plan A and a Plan B for your tour if you wanted to take some action shots. Most of all have fun.

Would you be able to wear a waist pouch with all of the gear? I want someplace to hold my camera, etc.

Or does someone have another suggestion on how to carry necessary stuff with you zip lining?

Your guides will usually help you with your camera's. I've seen them go first to the next platform with 5 or 6 cameras and have the uncanny ability to know who's camera was who's to take a picture of you zipping across.:D Small backpack or fanny pack would work - They usually supply you with juice or water but I would bring a small bottle of water as well. You will have a blast!!

To the best of my memory, most places want you to stow most of your stuff in a locker not carry it with you. I guess you might be able to use one of those waist packs but, again, just from my experiences, you are constantly moving so putting something in/out of a waist pack isn't feasible. People who used cameras kept them out with them all the time and again, considering that you sometimes have to use a hand for braking and your other hand is already on the gear, multitasking with a camera can be difficult. It can be done-I have seen it several times-I just haven't been able to manage doing it. Also, if you do wear glasses or have sunglasses, you are wearing a helmet too so you might need to bring along a strap for those. High up in the trees and dropping something might not make for an easy recovery.

When I zip-lined in Costa Rica on the original canopy tour through Princess, we were advised to wear long pant, close toed shoes (snakes, lizards, spiders, termites and other critters & it is a quite a hike in a very humid jungle uphill when the "zipping" is done) and bring insect repellent....the poor guy in our group that was the only one wearing shorts....OMG, his legs were covered with mosquitoes!

I wore a money waist wallet under my clothes, insect repellent in a pocket and hung my camera from my jeans on a carabiner.....with a short strap....never had time to take a pic from the zip line (too much going on and focusing on getting safely to the next tree :eek::eek::eek:)

Edited by Cruisers from WA

Would you be able to wear a waist pouch with all of the gear? I want someplace to hold my camera, etc.

Or does someone have another suggestion on how to carry necessary stuff with you zip lining?

Or just give it to Karen who will be doing a rainforest walk instead of the zipline.:D

This is fresh in my mind as we just got back. Wear long shorts, t-shirt and a smallish fanny pack. Don't forget the bug spray. It was very hot and humid!

I didn't really have the opportunity to take out my camera as my 9 year old was screaming hysterically but the videographer and still photographer will take photos and put on a disk that you can buy for $20 at the conclusion of your tour.

JoAnn

Here's a photo of what a friend and I were wearing when we did the zip line adventure in Jamaica. Shorts are fine--just make sure they're long enough that they don't ride up. We also both took small backpacks. I had one of the camelback ones that carries water.

1635540199_ZiplininginJamaica.jpg.545d0aba0f1bd401d34ca59e780d3455.jpg

• 8 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wore a Columbia skirt/skort (looked like a shirt but had built in shorts), a tank top and my Keen sandals that could get wet. We traversed a waterfall and got “dropped” into a pool of water so everything was also a dry fast type of material. Left my phone in the locker and they took photos and videos of all of us which we were able to purchase the files for afterwards. This was in Quepos, Costa Rica and was amazing!

Edited by Ski Mom 2