Does Celebrity automatically recgonize one as a C&A member?

Ethanol95

Did your parents book the cruise for them or for you? If it was for them then they will get the points. If it was for you then you will get the points. Who ever is in the cabin gets the points and not 5he person paying for it. I would let Celebrity know what the number is.

Did your parents book the cruise for them or for you? If it was for them then they will get the points. If it was for you then you will get the points. Who ever is in the cabin gets the points and not 5he person paying for it. I would let Celebrity know what the number is.
Ahh it was for all of us traveling together. We've travelled on royal several times in the past as well. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Contact the Celebrity Captain's Club (Celebrity's equivalent of RCI's C & A) and they will issue you a Captain's Club number with which you will accumulate Celebrity cruise points.

Note that while tier benefits at RCI Platinum and Celebrity Select begin to be reciprocal, the points earned remain and accumulate with each individual cruise line. Also note that reciprocity is "capped" in that RCI Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle all are Elite on Celebrity, and Celebrity Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith are all Diamond on RCI.

Celebrity Captain's Club can be reached at 844-418-6824.

My parents booked a cruise with celebrity but I forgot to tell the agent my C&A number. Would celebrity automatically recognise me as one of their C&A members or would I still have to personally inform them?

Because of similar names (and people moves), I do not think they automatically check: they will find just few cases, and so it create more angry on other cases.

You need a CC number (which is given to you automatically, with C&A). You may check it online on RCCI site.

You can add the number yourself online, or contact Celebrity.

Only number (so person) is required on booking, for the free "upgrade". As far I know, all other perks are given onboard, so you may get the correct level onboard, at captain's club desk (but this could requires few queues: one on CC desk, and one on hotel desk to get the new seepass printed), and you may loose few perks on first day. So: not big deal, but it is better to let Celebrity to know your number in advance).

Contact the Celebrity Captain's Club (Celebrity's equivalent of RCI's C & A) and they will issue you a Captain's Club number with which you will accumulate Celebrity cruise points.

Note that while tier benefits at RCI Platinum and Celebrity Select begin to be reciprocal, the points earned remain and accumulate with each individual cruise line. Also note that reciprocity is "capped" in that RCI Diamond, Diamond Plus, and Pinnacle all are Elite on Celebrity, and Celebrity Elite, Elite Plus, and Zenith are all Diamond on RCI.

Celebrity Captain's Club can be reached at 844-418-6824.

Thanks for the extra information! Just wanna check is Celebrity Select a tier or (never heard about it before)?? I sure will check with Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Because of similar names (and people moves), I do not think they automatically check: they will find just few cases, and so it create more angry on other cases.

You need a CC number (which is given to you automatically, with C&A). You may check it online on RCCI site.

You can add the number yourself online, or contact Celebrity.

Only number (so person) is required on booking, for the free "upgrade". As far I know, all other perks are given onboard, so you may get the correct level onboard, at captain's club desk (but this could requires few queues: one on CC desk, and one on hotel desk to get the new seepass printed), and you may loose few perks on first day. So: not big deal, but it is better to let Celebrity to know your number in advance).

I'll check Royal's website then to see if I can find it!

Thanks for the extra information! Just wanna check is Celebrity Select a tier or (never heard about it before)?? I sure will check with Celebrity's Captain's Club.

Yes - Select is a Celebrity CC tier level. Here is a link to the Captain's Club tier level descriptions:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

Yes - Select is a Celebrity CC tier level. Here is a link to the Captain's Club tier level descriptions:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/tiers-and-benefits

I've checked it out and so does that mean that if i'm a platinum member with RCI, that makes me a Celebrity select automatically?

When you call the Captain's Club, be prepared with everyone's full name, DOB, and current booking ID. Each person should get a Captain's Club number, and it should be linked with each reservation in advance of your trip. Also, if everyone has been on either Celebrity or Royal Caribbean, you can call Crown and Anchor to get everyone numbers there too. I'm not sure if they will give you all of the numbers or if each person has to call, but it's definitely worth a try! If you booked thru a TA, they can definitely get this information.

I am taking my first Celebrity cruise next spring and called C&A to have my Royal status moved over. They said it would update on the site within 12 hours. It has been 3 weeks and it still isnt there. I will call again in a few weeks. No big deal for me as I am not way up Royals loyalty program anyways. I have no loyalty to any one specific line. Probably a mistake on our part but it is what it is.

I am taking my first Celebrity cruise next spring and called C&A to have my Royal status moved over. They said it would update on the site within 12 hours. It has been 3 weeks and it still isnt there. I will call again in a few weeks. No big deal for me as I am not way up Royals loyalty program anyways. I have no loyalty to any one specific line. Probably a mistake on our part but it is what it is.

There really is no status to move over - they only issue you a Captain's Club number to track your Celebrity activity. Call and confirm that has been issued.

The reciprocal tier level benefits will be recognized on your first Celebrity cruise and once your points earned with Celebrity are posted, those points and your status will show at that time on your account.

But keep in mind the first tier level with RCI that will provide reciprocal benefits with Celebrity is Platinum, which will be Celebrity Select. Below that level there is no benefit reciprocity. See my prior post #'s 5 & 9 on this thread.

There really is no status to move over - they only issue you a Captain's Club number to track your Celebrity activity. Call and confirm that has been issued.

The reciprocal tier level benefits will be recognized on your first Celebrity cruise and once your points earned with Celebrity are posted, those points and your status will show at that time on your account.

But keep in mind the first tier level with RCI that will provide reciprocal benefits with Celebrity is Platinum, which will be Celebrity Select. Below that level there is no benefit reciprocity. See my prior post #'s 5 & 9 on this thread.

Thanks for this. So what your saying is the points between the two lines are not combined? IE: If I have 36 nights on Royal and 10 nights on Celebrity I am not considered as having 46 nights on both lines? Correct?

I never take anything for granted. I make sure they have our CC numbers. And then I periodically check my cruise planner to make sure everything I have purchased is on it. Taking a minute or two before the cruise can save much aggravation after I board. I've never had a problem, but there's always that first time.

I never take anything for granted. I make sure they have our CC numbers. And then I periodically check my cruise planner to make sure everything I have purchased is on it. Taking a minute or two before the cruise can save much aggravation after I board. I've never had a problem, but there's always that first time.

I agree completely! I also check and double and triple check each time X website does an update or makes an "improvement" since things that were there for months sometimes tend to suddenly disappear. I'd rather spend some time pre-cruise dealing with any issues that might come up rather than taking precious time from my vacation dealing with those issues. I also take either printed copies or screenshots of items booked with me. If on only 1 vacation they help solve an issue, it's well worth the time spent.

Thanks for this. So what your saying is the points between the two lines are not combined? IE: If I have 36 nights on Royal and 10 nights on Celebrity I am not considered as having 46 nights on both lines? Correct?

As my friend davekathy indicates, the answer is no. While the benefits are reciprocal between the two lines, the points earned remain with the individual line you sail on.

And although your will be designated at the complimentary level on Celebrity based on the points with RCI, you will advance to subsequent tiers with Celebrity based on the actual points earned with Celebrity, and visa versa.