Transportation Ft Lauderdale to Port Canaveral

Derbie

We have 10 people traveling in March from Nashville to P.C. It is Much cheaper to fly on Jet Blue to Ft. Lauderdale. We are trying to figure out if we would be better off, sucking up the cost to fly in to Orlando, and get a shuttle to PC or try a shuttle service. Anyone ever done this? Any recommendations are appreciated.

The drive from FLL to PC will take about 3.5-4 hours striaght up I-95. I would price out renting a couple of minivans one way (FLL to PC) and do the same for the return trip. For that much hassle you'd need to save a lot of $$ for me to make that drive.

You might also look at flights into Tampa - shorter drive than from FLL, but you would still need a couple of rented minivans.

How much cheaper is the flight in to FLL?

I just pulled up a rate from a popular shuttle service for Fort Lauderdale to Port Canaveral and it's $550 for 10 people. Figure $600 with tip. So it seems $1200 or so is your breakeven. Figure out if it's worth it for you at that point.

Between the travel time and cost to get from FLL to Pt Canaveral and return, it'd not be worth it to me. It's almost like wasting 2 whole days with just the traveling.

Additionally, if Nashville has snow or ice like they predicted for January 2018, you could be delayed in Nashville and not connect with your other transportation.

Unless I were saving over $600 per person, I'd fly to Orlando. Why waste all that time? On the other hand, if you are the adventurous type group, it might be worth it.