A NEW low-cost off-site parking lot just opened near Port Canaveral

SteerageJoe

Now there are 6 lots!

Port Canaveral Shuttle opened this week in a lot on A1A next to the famous Papa Vito's. You pay only for the shuttle ($10 pp each way) meaning a 7-night cruise will cost only $40 + $3 booking fee = $43 for 2 people.

This rate is competitive with Goportcanaveral at $9.50 pp each way, but the new lot is much closer to the Port as shown on the map, is lock-gated and they offer more drop times.

Will post pics of their shuttle vans as soon as we see them at the Port!

http://www.canaveralcruiseparking.com/

Off-Port-Parking-Canaveral-Web.jpg

888-transport used to be at this location.

Port-Canaveral-Shuttle.jpg

Edited by SteerageJoe

Saw today this lot uses the shuttle vans from Park'NCruise (another very popular off-site lot).

Park-Canaveral-Cruise-Port.jpgWord on the street is the owners operated a similar off-site lot in Titusville a few years ago and there is a relationship with Park'NCruise.

I do not know much about the history of things but I do like the location, the air-conditioned waiting room, the covered drop area and the security fence. It is a small lot so valet-style parking is clearly a necessity but if they run it as efficient as Park'NCruise then this low-cost option could be a winner - especially for 1 to 3 people.

• 4 months later...

Just in case no-one responds:

Have not used them but I drove by the lot many times in the last few weeks and it was near full most of the time. So it is getting popular!

I'd say give them a try (and no, I have no relationship with them or ANY of the parking lots!)

However, with 5 people they are not as cost-effective as for one or two people...

Thanks for the response! It looks like they've changed their fee structure since your original post. Parking is now a per day rate, with shuttle fee for up to 4 people included and an extra $5 for the 5th passenger. I found a 10 percent off promo code that makes it around $70 for 7 days for my family of 5, so I think we'll give it a try!

Saw today this lot uses the shuttle vans from Park'NCruise (another very popular off-site lot).

Word on the street is the owners operated a similar off-site lot in Titusville a few years ago and there is a relationship with Park'NCruise.

Definitely a relationship. The websites for the two lots use a near identical template and checkout system.

• 3 weeks later...

We just used them and will NOT use them again. Embarkation was fine and the male driver was great, very friendly and professional. Debarkation was a disaster today. The driver, Jackie, was rude, complaining about how many bags people had and other things. The shuttle was very full with about 18 people, but there were bags that would not fit in the luggage holders blocking the aisle and stacked high. It’s a wonder that none of it fell on any passengers. Not a safe situation but the driver didn’t seem to care. Also, they require that they valet your car. I prefer to park my car and keep the keys with me.

Overall, the debarkation driver’s attitude and lack of professionalism is what made my decision.

4cead99fb9480556f430f75ca1ed2891.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Forums