Xmas cruise

saucy sally

We have booked the Xmas and new year cruise on Ventura this year, the form says 4 Black tie nights, can anyone tell me is this likely to be xmas day or New Year’s Eve, also can anyone let me know any other things I need to know?.

Many thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We did a Christmas cruise on Oceana a few years ago. I can't remember what happened on particular days, but I think a lot of ladies wore a red dress on Christmas Day, so I wish I'd known that before I went, as I didn't take one. Obviously you don't have to wear red if you don't want to!

Also, I found a programme of events on the P&O website before we went but it changed during the week, and I didn't realise, so I'd already worn my black dress by the time we had the Black & White night. Next time I would go to reception at the start of the cruise and ask for an up to date schedule of formal nights. Also keep a close eye on the daily newspaper, which tells you about dress code that night.

One last tip, if you are doing freedom dining you still have to book in advance for Christmas Day dinner, so check when they start taking bookings so you get the time you want.

Have fun! We had a wonderful time!

We did a Christmas cruise on Oceana a few years ago. I can't remember what happened on particular days, but I think a lot of ladies wore a red dress on Christmas Day, so I wish I'd known that before I went, as I didn't take one. Obviously you don't have to wear red if you don't want to!

Also, I found a programme of events on the P&O website before we went but it changed during the week, and I didn't realise, so I'd already worn my black dress by the time we had the Black & White night. Next time I would go to reception at the start of the cruise and ask for an up to date schedule of formal nights. Also keep a close eye on the daily newspaper, which tells you about dress code that night.

One last tip, if you are doing freedom dining you still have to book in advance for Christmas Day dinner, so check when they start taking bookings so you get the time you want.

Have fun! We had a wonderful time!

Thanks for that, I have bought a red dress for the cruise, I will keep it for xmas day, we have freedom dining, do you know if the booking is available through the cruise personaliser?

We have booked the Xmas and new year cruise on Ventura this year, the form says 4 Black tie nights, can anyone tell me is this likely to be xmas day or New Year’s Eve, also can anyone let me know any other things I need to know?.

Many thanks in advance

They are both Formal Nights.

You can't get Freedom Dining on these days and you'll get an email from P&O to ask your dining preference. I think 5.30 or 8pm

What else do you want to know?

Many thanks in advance

Christmas Day and NYE are both formal, but it's not compulsory to wear a red dress Christmas Day, I'm sure not many ladies on our Christmas cruise did. NYE also coincided with our last night on board which, being formal, was a bit of a pain because of having to pack and put suitcases out, although we were given the option of staying smart casual. We compromised by dressing up for dinner, packing away our finery and changing into casual to see the New Year in up on deck.

We booked our Christmas Day dinner time once we were on board, although of course the process could have changed since 2013 when we did it. I think we had to go to our main dining room to book - they have a computerised system and, as someone else said, there were two sittings. It was a bit weird having Christmas dinner in the evening, but the food was very good.

I was asked in a questionnaire if I was interested in having xmas dinner in the afternoon, yes, of course, even better if the afternoon dinner was evening casual just like at home

We go on a cruise at Christmas because it's NOT like at home!!!!!!