shoreexcursioneer.com

bowen9475

Has anyone ever booked excursions through shoreexcursioneer.com? We are looking at excursions on Cozumel, Belize, Roatan and Grand Cayman. Has anyone been able to price match any of Carnival's excursions to theirs?

We have used them MANY times before. Currently we have two excursions booked with them at two different ports.

I don't get into price matching. For starters, it means you have to stick with ship excursions (no thanks) but also Carnival looks for any little detail in order to determine that the excursions don't match.

I’ve used them in the past. Only one of those times did we have an unpleasant experience. The local vendor canceled the tour once we arrived. We’re told to contact shore excursioneer for refund. We did when we got back from the cruise. They didn’t want to refund. Only got the refund after posting the story on numerous review sites.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have used them also with no problem. The good part is they require a minimal deposit (it was $10 in my case). They offer a full refund if the ship can't dock for any reason. Leaving a $10 deposit did not break me if the weather was horrible. They would not give me a full refund due to unforeseen weather (understandable), but all I lost was $10 if I chose not to go. Fortunately the weather was amazing, and all was good :)

We have used them MANY times before. Currently we have two excursions booked with them at two different ports.

I don't get into price matching. For starters, it means you have to stick with ship excursions (no thanks) but also Carnival looks for any little detail in order to determine that the excursions don't match.

I understand if anyone chooses to not use ship excursions. However, the comment about Carnival looking for any little detail to determine that the excursions don’t match does not seem accurate in my experience. I have only submitted 2 excursions for the price guarantee, but it has been honored in both instances.

I understand if anyone chooses to not use ship excursions. However, the comment about Carnival looking for any little detail to determine that the excursions don’t match does not seem accurate in my experience. I have only submitted 2 excursions for the price guarantee, but it has been honored in both instances.

I've had the same experience as you.

And in MY experience, MY statement is accurate. Example: a family member of mine booked an excursion where one included cold water and one didn't. Carnival denied it the price match. And if I remember correctly it was the private excursion offering the water - not Carnival. Everything else matched exactly even the duration, etc.

Even if I had a better experience like yours, I still would not bother with price matching as in most cases there's no ship excursion I prefer over private ones.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

but then unfortunately you have to go on a Carnival excursion, private excursions are so much better, less people, more in depth

We've used them numerous times - always had a great experience so no experience with refunds, etc. since it has never happened. I did do a price match for the Amber Cove Waterfalls excursion and Carnival honored it. However, I chose to go with a local vendor anyway in order to have a smaller group size. I'm not a big fan of booking through the cruise line - except when they are the only choice for an excursion - like Maya Key in Roatan. That was an amazing excursion and is only offered through the cruise lines. We did that one on Norwegian.

We've used them numerous times - always had a great experience so no experience with refunds, etc. since it has never happened. I did do a price match for the Amber Cove Waterfalls excursion and Carnival honored it. However, I chose to go with a local vendor anyway in order to have a smaller group size. I'm not a big fan of booking through the cruise line - except when they are the only choice for an excursion - like Maya Key in Roatan. That was an amazing excursion and is only offered through the cruise lines. We did that one on Norwegian.
How were you able to go with an outside excursion if Carnival price matched?

How were you able to go with an outside excursion if Carnival price matched?

I cancelled the Carnival excursion after finding a smaller local tour operator with great reviews and booked that instead. You can cancel a booked Carnival excursion prior to sailing.

I cancelled the Carnival excursion after finding a smaller local tour operator with great reviews and booked that instead. You can cancel a booked Carnival excursion prior to sailing.
Yes I know you can cancel an excursion. I was just curious thinking maybe the process changed.

Yes I know you can cancel an excursion. I was just curious thinking maybe the process changed.

I'm not sure I am following you. I booked a Carnival excursion. I found a comparable excursion through Shore Excursioneer that was significantly less expensive. I filed a price match guarantee with Carnival and it was granted. I then changed my mind and cancelled the Carnival excursion and booked with another independent tour operator - not Shore Excursioneer. Hope that answers your questions.

I'm not sure I am following you. I booked a Carnival excursion. I found a comparable excursion through Shore Excursioneer that was significantly less expensive. I filed a price match guarantee with Carnival and it was granted. I then changed my mind and cancelled the Carnival excursion and booked with another independent tour operator - not Shore Excursioneer. Hope tIhat answers your questions.

You answered my question the first time when you said you cancelled. Carnival's price matching requires you to book their excursion, which is why I asked how you were able to price match yet use another vendor after all. You said you eventually cancelled with Carnival and went private. I'm assuming when they refunded you your money, they also took back that price match, but it's really not that important so I didn't bother to go any further with it.

You answered my question the first time when you said you cancelled. Carnival's price matching requires you to book their excursion, which is why I asked how you were able to price match yet use another vendor after all. You said you eventually cancelled with Carnival and went private. I'm assuming when they refunded you your money, they also took back that price match, but it's really not that important so I didn't bother to go any further with it.

Gotcha! Yes that is correct. When I cancelled the excursion, I received a refund for what I paid and Carniaval removed the OBC for the price match difference that had been given.