Currency converter

mrs.cog

Which currency converter app do you use when traveling to Europe?

I like xe currency app for tracking before I leave, to give me an idea of when to exchange currency before I leave. Once I am away I generally just figure out a simple rounding exchange and use that. For example, the current exchange rate is 1 euro costs 1.5208 Canadian. I would just use 1.50 for the whole trip and be done with it. It is accurate enough for most purposes.

I have the xe app on my desktop but oanda on my smartphone. But, like gnome, we use an approximation, or better said, my husband uses an approximation and multiplies it in his head (which he can do faster than I can whip out my phone and type in numbers. Hey, we all have our talents...)

I also have an app on my phone that converts measurements, which I find very helpful because the only thing I do in my head is pounds vs kilos.

Which currency converter app do you use when traveling to Europe?

My app is called Currency Converter by Designer Calculators, available from Google Play store free, I use it extensively in Europe and other parts of the world. It allows 5 currencies to be displayed at the same time and it works even if your phone is not connected to WiFi or data (it uses the last downloaded exchange rate). Extremely easy to use.