thinking of Carnival

agargoyle

Hi,

I know this has been asked but I never paid attention because I never thought I would be asking this question:

We have been cruising since the early 1990s. Carnival was then the "party" boats so we avoided them. Sailed NCL, RCL, Princess, Celebrity.

Now looking to cruise from NOLA and the only cruise that fits is a Carnival either the Dream or the Triumph.

So giving our cruise history will we enjoy a Carnival ship?

I've sailed on 50% of the lines you did and liked Carnival. IDK if that answers your question.

That helps.

Should have said would be traveling with son, DIL and younger grandkids. Just do not want a ship that has a very young rowdy crowd. Looking for good food and family friendly.

That helps.

Should have said would be traveling with son, DIL and younger grandkids. Just do not want a ship that has a very young rowdy crowd. Looking for good food and family friendly.

I think the food on Royal Caribbean was MUCH better than Carnival, can't remember about NCL's food. I can't speak to your other criteria because I don't remember/the experiences aren't applicable to what you're asking.

My opinion, even though you didn't really ask for it in this way, is to go on the Carnival ship if you find that they have family friendly activities during your research. Good food to me might not be good food to you, and a very young rowdy crowd (or the absence of one) doesn't necessarily indicate the future will be the same.

Been on all majors (except Princess ) Carnival is fine I like the ten year rule. There are Many things good about Carnival good shows ,good small food stations, larger rooms and many other good things . Take it as it is don't have a ''well on this line they have this or that ''Cruise lines are more alike than most care to admit.

If your plans are to cruise during spring break and on a shorter (3-5 day) cruise, then I would suggest one of the other cruise lines. The “Carnival is the party boat” thing is not totally accurate...IMHO. I expect on most Carnival cruises, the party is no more rowdy than the other parties on any other mainstream cruise line.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If your plans are to cruise during spring break and on a shorter (3-5 day) cruise, then I would suggest one of the other cruise lines. The “Carnival is the party boat” thing is not totally accurate...IMHO. I expect on most Carnival cruises, the party is no more rowdy than the other parties on any other mainstream cruise line.

Ditto.

Short 3-5 day “Booze Cruises” and sailing during Spring Break on any mainstream cruise line will be similar - avoid them if you want to Minimize the party atmosphere.

We’ve enjoyed our Carnival cruises and think the food is a notch better than the only other line we’ve sailed - HAL

That helps.

Hi

Don't go during spring break.

I would agree to look at the "newer" ships. For the younger people, they offer more distractions to keep them occupied.

have a great cruise

I will be taking my 10th cruise in 2 weeks on NCL for the 1st time. I have been on 4 CCL cruises, loved every one of them. Standard cabins are bigger than most cruise lines, entertainment is good, and food is good. You have to remember this not gourmet cuisine, but high end banquet food, think Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott hotels. Any body that tells you different for a mass market cruise line is is fooling themselves.

The age range is very wide from young adults and families with children to the more mature cruise passengers(me). Depends on when you are going. Summer, holidays and school breaks will have a much younger crowd. And probably wilder.

I have been on CCL, HAL, Princess, RCCL, and Celebrity and they are all very similar. Each has their own personality, but until you take a step up to a luxury line (too rich for me) the differences are in my opinion are not that much different. But each line has it fans and cheerleaders and will try to convince you that their favorite is the best.

Do your Research and book what is best for your family. What ever you pick will be a good decision.

Definitely go on the Dream! It is a new ship, The Triumph is an older, smaller ship. And Carnival is no longer a 'party' ship, even on shorter cruises. There are a lot of families now and lots of kids but you seldom see them. We cruise on Carnival a lot (100++ cruises since 1984!) and I can't tell you the last time we saw someone really drunk on a Carnival ship.

Carnival is know for a fantastic kids program and kids are kept busty all day in this program and kids love it.

Carnival ships now have a Serenity deck. This is for adults ONLY, no kids and NO SMOKING! And they mean that. You can get towels here so you don't have to bring them from your cabin and there is usually a bar here also. We live on this deck as all the chaises and chairs have thick pads on them. A deck steward will put a notice on chaises and chairs where there is a towel but no one sitting. After 40 minutes everything on them is removed so anyone waiting for one can have it.

Try this deck and try Carnival! You will be surprised and delighted !

We have cruised on Celebrity, NCL (which we do not like), Princess, Costa, RCCL and ships of 5 cruise lines that no longer exist!

Of course you'll enjoy it. We've sailed on Carnival 6 times and we love it. I'm quiet and there's not too much partying if you don't like it. I've been on the Dream twice and it's a great ship. In my opinion, any ship is great, because you're on the ocean.

This! The right attitude makes for a great cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums