Castaway Bicycle rental and Float/raft rental

Twow

Does anyone know if the times for rental for bicycles and rafts is defaulted to 10am on the activity page?

That is the only time choice on the activity rental page under those 2 activities. So i wasnt sure if it was a default or the actual time we have to use the bicycle for an hour.

Just was hoping to know before I book it.

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

You can pick up floats, tubes, and bikes any time all day long. The bike rentals are listed as "1 hour," but they run on "island time" which means that no one charts when you take it or when you bring it back. And yes, they have all sizes and types and appropriate helmets. Most people plan on riding for an hour or so, but don't stress if you have it for 90 minutes. They just don't want to find bikes parked all over the place.

As to floats, etc. it is an all day rental. You get one whenever you are ready for it and return at the end of the day. Save your receipt--if you return from snorkeling and find that your raft took a "trip," they will issue you another one provided you have the receipt.

I think that their computer program made them put in a time...but reality is that the outlets will open a little before 10 and stay open all day. You can pick up your goodies at any time that suits you.

Moki, do you remember ever seeing 2 person tandem bikes or three wheeled “granny” style bikes?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No tandem bikes. Or 3 wheeled bikes. Only "standard" two wheelers, adult and child sizes. Some with training wheels.

The bikes are beach cruiser style. They have the standard frame and the step through (typically for women). The seat is the wider beach cruiser style and they do have a cup holder on the bike to take a drink with you. You can ride around all the paved areas pretty easily, but you can cover so much ground on a bike, you run out of places to go pretty quickly. I like to ride out to the observation tower to get a great view of the island and the ship in the distance.

I've found that I had picked out a decent bike and when I returned from the observation tower, someone had taken the one I was riding and left me with a different one. It's pretty much a free for all in that regard. They don't really keep close tabs. It's not like anyone is going to steal a bike.

we just walked up to the bike rental and rented ours - without a reservation...

i think we walked up at around 11:45 or so...

there was no problem....lots of bikes to be had...

yes, they say it's for an hour, but we had the bikes for about 2 hours and we still only paid for 1 hour...

we rented at the family beach, rode them over to near the adult beach where there's a bike path to an observation point (for anyone to ride on, kids included).....

then we rode over to the adult beach, parked our bikes, ate a very long leisurely lunch....then headed back....no one said a word that we'd had them for two hours....they didn't even check us back in ....just waved hi....

it was really a nice relaxing ride....that's all we did on the island....we went back on board after that..

I think the 1 hour bit is a hold over from the early days of DCL when they didn't have enough bikes on the island and really did run out. We were told that we'd have to come back in a couple of hours because they didn't have any bikes left...but this was our first or second DCL cruise. Now they have plenty of bikes and no one pays attention to the time. It's not like you could remove one from the island.