Theme Nights - Britannia

gohugo

I went on the Britannia 2 years ago for the re-positioning cruise and can't remember having a theme night (apart from Black & white night).

I am reading this in my cruise personalizor:

On a typical 14-night cruise on Britannia there are normally ten Evening Casual nights. This can include a 60s, 70s and or tropical evening on appropriate itineraries.

First of all, do people actually dress up for these, and if so what type of clothing?

Thanks

There were quite a few of us in Hawaiian style shirts on our Tropical night. It was fun! A new cruiser congratulated us on having the correct attire as they didn’t know about it! Garlands were given out at dinner and there was a deck party as we left Tenerife as we didn’t leave the port til quite late.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi, I, along with three other ladies are on the same cruise as you doing the 14 night option. I found some info in the shore excursion brochure, under dress code that there are four formal nights and one theme night which is black and white, on this cruise Having never cruise with P&O before, I understand from other regulars on here that the black and white night is usually one of the formal nights. Hope this helps.

Do P&O give you any details of the formal nights in advance? Last time we were on board was in 2014 and I can’t remember what information we had last time. We’ve been cruising with Cunard since then and are used to getting details (dates and themes) in advance.

Do P&O give you any details of the formal nights in advance? Last time we were on board was in 2014 and I can’t remember what information we had last time. We’ve been cruising with Cunard since then and are used to getting details (dates and themes) in advance.

The number of each kind of evening is usually on your cruise personaliser. The formal evenings on a 14 night cruise will include a black and white ball, the captains reception and a gala dinner. There will usually be a fourth rather pointless one with no purpose other than to make up the quota of 4 formal evenings.

The number of each kind of evening is usually on your cruise personaliser. The formal evenings on a 14 night cruise will include a black and white ball, the captains reception and a gala dinner. There will usually be a fourth rather pointless one with no purpose other than to make up the quota of 4 formal evenings.

Thanks Denarius. The only info is “Dress Codes for your Cruise: 4 Black Tie Nights, 10 Evening Casual Nights” when I was expecting for a bit more detail!

I think it depends on cruise destination. On Med and Baltic Cruises we have done, very few dressed in tropical attire, apart from crew. But on Caribbean cruise quite a lot did, I say more than half at least, especially the men in tropical shirts. Which you can buy for a few dollars in most Caribbean ports. I wore one I bought in St.Lucia