Tesco Clubcard and P&O

bee-ess

I notice that P&O are one of the things we can redeem our Tesco points for. Has anyone done this ? Is it possible to redeem against a cruise we already have booked - we are due to pay the balance in a couple of weeks and would like to use our Tesco points to reduce the balance if that is possible or is it for new bookings only.

Have used the Tesco vouchers a few times, really easy and a great way to help with the cost, unfortunately they can only be used at the time of booking and you cannot add anymore at a later date. Remember the new limit on the maximum amount that can be used.

Have used the Tesco vouchers a few times, really easy and a great way to help with the cost, unfortunately they can only be used at the time of booking and you cannot add anymore at a later date. Remember the new limit on the maximum amount that can be used.

Thanks, Thought that would be case.

I notice that P&O are one of the things we can redeem our Tesco points for. Has anyone done this ? Is it possible to redeem against a cruise we already have booked - we are due to pay the balance in a couple of weeks and would like to use our Tesco points to reduce the balance if that is possible or is it for new bookings only.

We've used out Clubcard vouchers many times. It used to be a good deal but now you are very restricted on the amount you can use. You can only use them at the time of booking. Check the extra information by following the link on the P&O Clubcard section. It gives all the details about how to use and the amount you can use. We no longer use them this way as the price you pay is higher then you can get without using them. Combined with the restrictions it's no longer as good a deal as it used to be.

We now them to book our pre cruise hotel with Novotel. If you are a member of Accors you get the same member price as you would if you were not using the vouchers, overall a much better option.

Hiltons is another option but only on limited dates, we have never managed to get a booking when we wanted to travel.

Some of the responses you have had are incorrect.

It used to be that the amount you could redeem was unlimited but you lost out on some deals like free parking.

Now you can only redeem a relatively small amount (£810 total discount) and not at all for cruises less than 6 days, BUT you do now get ALL discounts and the same price as if you booked a select price without them. In other words, there are no disadvantages to using them anymore (unless you like booking saver fares where you don't select your cabin etc), just lots of restrictions including booking at least 90 days in advance.

The best deal would be for somebody doing a one week cruise in an inexpensive cabin with the maximum vouchers allowed. Then the discount would be a meaningful percentage.

Edited by Selbourne

• 2 months later...

You used to get four times the value of the vouchers but now you only get three times the value.

We have used the vouchers on our transatlantic cruises but found you had to have a lot of vouchers for it to be worthwhile. We always have select fare so we can make our own choices.

The only way you will fînd if it is right for you is by doing a test booking by ringing the Tesco P and O line and getting a quote and compare it with what price you can get from a TA.

We get a lot of vouchers because we have a Tesc credit card, but are now looking at other ways of using them.

Good luck if you manage to get all the discounts and benefits but I will be surprised if you do. We sometimes get a bit of OBC, but never parking.

If you have Tesco club card vouchers, use them as an excuse to book another cruise. Most of us look for an easy reason to book another cruise and the belief it is cheaper is good enough for me. When I am sitting in a restaurant knowing someone got the cruise cheaper then me I don't care, I just enjoy the cruise and savour the food.

If you have Tesco club card vouchers, use them as an excuse to book another cruise. Most of us look for an easy reason to book another cruise and the belief it is cheaper is good enough for me. When I am sitting in a restaurant knowing someone got the cruise cheaper then me I don't care, I just enjoy the cruise and savour the food.

Like :D:D:D

We are 5 weeks out from taking our first P&O (Britannia TA) having booked using Tesco vouchers. We have booked with other lines previously, one word of advice would be to check the T&Cs of your travel insurance to see if you are covered for payment using vouchers if you need to cancel. Often insurance companies only cover loss of money.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

One restriction is that they can't be used with an onboard cruise credit as I discovered when I thought I might use some recently.

I wonder if this a recent change as we certainly got OBC for our voyage when we booked last year???

Sent from my iPad using Forums

As we book the saver fare - much cheaper but you don't get the choice of cabin - the vouchers were not an option for us as we only had about £100 which did not cover the cost difference between saver and the "pick your own cabin" fare.

Plus the phone number you have to use is a kick-back number you pay extra to use. I'm always suspicious of any company that fleeces their customers that way.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Does anyone know if Tesco are stopping this deal? I have tried to go on the website to swap more vouchers for P & O and it says "Out of Stock" :( I already have £390 changed over but was hoping to add some more at the end of January and then book next year's cruise...

There was a story in my paper the other day about Tesco announcing that they were changing their Clubcard scheme and that some people were unhappy about it. As I don't shop with Tesco, I'm afraid I didn't read it carefully enough to be able to tell you any of the details.

Does anyone know if Tesco are stopping this deal? I have tried to go on the website to swap more vouchers for P & O and it says "Out of Stock" :( I already have £390 changed over but was hoping to add some more at the end of January and then book next year's cruise...

I phoned them about it. Apparently they get a number of vouchers from p&o. When they runout they have to wait to be restocked. Apparently that could be a day or a week

i received an e-mail from Tesco earlier this week saying they are scrapping the two tier system, i.e. from some partners you got 2 x value of vouchers and some 4 x value (including P&O) and as from 15 Jan it would 3 times for all. Yesterday I got another e-mail saying that due to customer feedback this will not happen until 10 June.

i received an e-mail from Tesco earlier this week saying they are scrapping the two tier system, i.e. from some partners you got 2 x value of vouchers and some 4 x value (including P&O) and as from 15 Jan it would 3 times for all. Yesterday I got another e-mail saying that due to customer feedback this will not happen until 10 June.

Your getting your facts mixed. P&o have not been 4x got a few years. They are unaffected by the change

Just looking at this and the same which appears to be available (or not as the case may be) for Cunard.

The details on the Tesco site say the vouchers are not available on internet prices or if book with agents. That seems to mean that you have to ring P&O (or Cunard) to book and that the prices would be higher than what is seen on the net. Can anyone tell me what price difference I can expect if not booking online, c.f. online prices? Is there a big difference?

Edit:- I also note it says they are not transferable. Does that mean that if you book a cruise, you cannot transfer the booking to another cruise if you wish to, like you normally can with select fare bookings up to a certain date? My mother in law is very elderly so we may need to change holiday details at times, though probably not.

Edited by tring

Just looking at this and the same which appears to be available (or not as the case may be) for Cunard.

The details on the Tesco site say the vouchers are not available on internet prices or if book with agents. That seems to mean that you have to ring P&O (or Cunard) to book and that the prices would be higher than what is seen on the net. Can anyone tell me what price difference I can expect if not booking online, c.f. online prices? Is there a big difference?

Edit:- I also note it says they are not transferable. Does that mean that if you book a cruise, you cannot transfer the booking to another cruise if you wish to, like you normally can with select fare bookings up to a certain date? My mother in law is very elderly so we may need to change holiday details at times, though probably not.

Years ago, you got 4 times the value and you could redeeem as many as you liked. We once had quite a few thousand pounds off a cruise. The downside was that other offers (discount prices, on board credit etc) didn’t apply, so you had to use quite a few for it to be worth doing.

In recent years, you only get 3 times the value (so it is NOT affected by the changes announced this week) and it is capped at quite a low figure (£750?) which I think has to be used on cruises of a week or longer, BUT the positive side is that the discount now applies to whatever the Select price is at the time you book (so you no longer pay more) and you get all the add-on benefits such as on board credit, free parking etc. Prices on the P&O website are identical to the prices you pay if you book by phone with P&O.

The non-interchangable clause refers to the Clubcard vouchers, not the booking. All that happens is that the Clubcard vouchers give you an additional discount, but thereafter normal P&O booking conditions apply, so you can change the booking if you need to and not lose the value of the redeemed vouchers.

Thank you Selbourne for that explanation - certainly does seem to have been a lot of changes.

We do not have a lot of vouchers as we tend to do a fair bit of shopping at Aldi (prefer the lower prices :) We have been using them for restaurant vouchers, but after a very poor meal in Cafe Rouge a couple of days ago thought we may just spend them on something else.