Restaurants Oriana?

Bluebury

I have looked it up but depending on what I look at I get different information, so wondered if someone on here can give me the accurate up to date info. I suspect some of the pages that I look at are out of date but am unsure which is correct.

What restaurants are available now on the Oriana? How much are the additional costs and does anyone have the menus?

Thanks for your help.

The Peninsular and Oriental are the two main dining rooms and are included in your fare. The Peninsular is Freedom Dining, The Oriental Club Dining. The Conservatory is the Buffet Restaurant but in the evening, a section of this becomes the Beach House, where fees are charged. There is also Sindhu, the for-fee Indian Restaurant. Charges vary depending on the length of the cruise. There is also a small venue on Lido Deck, Al Fresco, where you can get a light breakfast or lunch included in your fare.

Sample menus are available on the P&O website.

Edited by Britboys
addition

The Peninsular and Oriental are the two main dining rooms and are included in your fare. The Peninsular is Freedom Dining, The Oriental Club Dining. The Conservatory is the Buffet Restaurant but in the evening, a section of this becomes the Beach House, where fees are charged. There is also Sindhu, the for-fee Indian Restaurant. Charges vary depending on the length of the cruise. There is also a small venue on Lido Deck, Al Fresco, where you can get a light breakfast or lunch included in your fare.

Sample menus are available on the P&O website.

Thank you for this information - so no Marco Pierre White restaurant, that I have seen written on some websites that I have read.

Thank you for this information - so no Marco Pierre White restaurant, that I have seen written on some websites that I have read.

No but on formal nights there’s normally a MPW menu in the main dining room and the beef wellington was lovely

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My understanding is the Sindhu replaced the Marco Pierre White restaurant, which replaced the Garry Rhodes restaurant which replaced a rather nice longe.

Best wishes, Stephen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The lounge was called the Crystal Room, presumably because it had crystal chandeliers. It was used for classical music recitals from the resident musician(s) and for other small scale events. It dissappeared in the rush for additional onboard revenue and became a pay extra restaurant.

The lounge was called the Crystal Room, presumably because it had crystal chandeliers. It was used for classical music recitals from the resident musician(s) and for other small scale events. It dissappeared in the rush for additional onboard revenue and became a pay extra restaurant.

I thought I remembered it as the Curzon Room from my cruise in 2002. It still is quite original but used for a different purpose. The tapestries, chandeliers and decorative style are much as I remember.

Your recollection is correct Stephen. It was originally the Curzon Room and your timeline on the Restaurants is also right. I used to love Oriana Rhodes as it was known and was very disappointed when they changed it.

Your recollection is correct Stephen. It was originally the Curzon Room and your timeline on the Restaurants is also right. I used to love Oriana Rhodes as it was known and was very disappointed when they changed it.

Do you remember the Aerobic disco room? I would really like to see some photos. I think it only survived a couple of years.

I thought I remembered it as the Curzon Room from my cruise in 2002. It still is quite original but used for a different purpose. The tapestries, chandeliers and decorative style are much as I remember.

You are correct. It was the Curzon Room. Must have been thinking of the Crystal Room on Britannia. It did have crystal chandaliers however.

Do you remember the Aerobic disco room? I would really like to see some photos. I think it only survived a couple of years.

I think that it only lasted a couple of years before being converted into a small (free) pizza restaurant. It then became a general restaurant called Al Fresco serving light meals during the day, still without additional charge. From the deck plan it appears that it still exists.

I think that it only lasted a couple of years before being converted into a small (free) pizza restaurant. It then became a general restaurant called Al Fresco serving light meals during the day, still without additional charge. From the deck plan it appears that it still exists.

Thank you. I wondered what happened to it.

Was there a restaurant called Sorrento for a time?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums