Elation Review 11-13 sailing

Trishlo73

Debarking this morning. This is my first review, 5th cruise with Carnival. We have sailed the Paradise, Splendor twice, the Dream and now the Elation. I do have the fun times and I'll post them during the review.

A little about me and the fam. This sailing was myself (44), my husband (45) and our two sons, 16 and 18. We chose the Elation for two reasons, we wanted to go on a cruise closer to home in Asheville, and the price in Jax was less than Charleston and it was the same Fantasy class ship in each port. We usually cruise out of Miami, but we didn't want to drive 11 hours.

I'll continue with the review when I get home this weekend, but a few thoughts overall.

The embarkation process at Jax, was by far the easiest and fastest in all 5 cruises. Kevin the CD was absolutely amazing! Best one so far. Food in the MDR was meh. The appetizers were much better than the entrees. Half Moon Cay, breath taking beach and the softest sand! Guys Burgers, were really good. Nice flavor and the handcut fries were outstanding.

Photo of me, my husband and Kevin. To be continued...1ec94cac58b9f9d0f231fe7dbaa5ec6d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

We sit behind you guys in the love and marriage show! And I agree about the food in the MDR. What's happening? Really disappointed in it. The service in the MDR was no as good as usual either. Several times my husband ordered two entrees, and they would only bring one. They also did not bring out all the sides he asked for several times.

Our room steward Isnan (issy) on deck E was awesome!

Edited by volsfan199
Spelling

• 1 year later...