Entertainment changes again

LOP

Thank you Bonnie for your reassurance. I’m looking forwards to hearing more about the changes next year. I’ll be on the Quest in January and again in July, so will be able to see for myself, I hope.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Jury is still out here - it will as I read it be your July trips that you will experience the changes. Robin makes a very valid point about trivia. Even if it’s not trivia they still need entertainment people on longer cruises, are they going to be temps brought on just for that?

Basically they are trialing an alternative benefit for on board bookings. Although there have been assurances it’s a trial reports onboard from some guests are it’s a very biased trial in that they were not made aware they could still book under the old benefit (% off future cruise based on loyalty level). The new offering is addition of one of the Experience bundles (OBC, WiFi etc) but the benefit is not tiered by loyalty but type of room you book. So in effect if this does become the future, loyalty doesn’t count. Time will tell if that pilot becomes reality and whether an some other perks come in for loyalty or if it’s a cut back.

For what it’s worth, we certainly do not like the plan but maybe there is good news somewhere.......

Thanks for your response, I've just been looking at page two of this forum which seems to me an assumption that there's changes but no real facts. I appreciate your latest information but we got off the quest having booked another five cruises just five weeks ago and it wasn't mentioned to us. I'd be eternally grateful it you could share with me privately where this information has come from.

Being discover plus we get no LCV newsletters or emails and feel totally in the dark. We're going to Cuba in 15 weeks time and have had no correspondence from azamara re the new sanctions, it's only what I've learned from cruise critic that I've based my research on. Should you be able to respond re the LCV proposed changes please just go the my signature and send me a private email. We have come to know over our lengthy time with azamara there are different rules for different countries with regards to bookings. Quite frankly my money is as good as any one else's, irrespective of where we live. It's time I looked elsewhere. I really appreciate your kindly response thank you. But unhappy guests is not what azamara needs ATM. I have enough sad azamara family at present. I'm heartbroken at these discussions.

Edited by aussie travel bird

Because that is what the actual entertainers onboard are saying Bonnie.

Given that Azamara is revamping its entertainment and announcing “what’s new” early 2018, there’s no chance whatsoever that they’ve already shared their confidential plans with the (now disgruntled) current entertainers that are getting the boot. I would take anything these entertainers are saying with a massive grain of salt. Bonnie has said twice now that there will be live music before and after dinner and daily evening shows. That’s enough for me to wait and see what the new year brings. Change was needed; 7 years of the same production shows and 7 years of Max is more than enough.

As you know, over the years we have made many changes, and we have always listened to and responded to your input.

While we wish we could share all of the information about the new entertainment program right now, we are still working through some details.

This is a process, and while it is unfortunate that some of our current team is changing, it doesn’t mean we are discontinuing entertainment. Quite the opposite. We are working on new and different concepts to keep it fresh.

As we had indicated, we will let you know in early 2018 what we are planning. What we can tell you, is that we will continue to have live music as we do now, before and after dinner at all venues as well as our main evening shows in the Cabaret Lounge.

We appreciate your patience and we hope you will be pleased with the new offerings.[/quote

Thanks Bonnie. We will see what the end changes are.

Jury is still out here - it will as I read it be your July trips that you will experience the changes. Robin makes a very valid point about trivia. Even if it’s not trivia they still need entertainment people on longer cruises, are they going to be temps brought on just for that?

Thanks Ann. There has to staff for trivia and bingo

As you know, over the years we have made many changes, and we have always listened to and responded to your input.

While we wish we could share all of the information about the new entertainment program right now, we are still working through some details.

This is a process, and while it is unfortunate that some of our current team is changing, it doesn’t mean we are discontinuing entertainment. Quite the opposite. We are working on new and different concepts to keep it fresh.

As we had indicated, we will let you know in early 2018 what we are planning. What we can tell

you, is that we will continue to have live music as we do now, before and after dinner at all venues as well as our main evening shows in the Cabaret Lounge.

We appreciate your patience and we hope you will be pleased with the new offerings.

Thanks Bonnie, With the large numbers of repeat cruisers that are loyal to Azamara, the Production Shows are a problem. This was brought to light when I went to a meet and mingle on the Celebrity Solstice ( my first time on a ship that large). It had less people than an average meet and mingle on the Quest or Journey even though the Solstice had 3+ times the passengers. Azamara seems to have a high number of repeat customers that are very loyal. It needs to find a way to keep the entertainment fresh. Large production shows that repeat for a number of years are not the answer. On the other hand the piano and gutair players do add a freshness to the entertainment, playing audience requests etc.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This member reveiw sheds some light on what in forthcoming for the entertainment on the ships https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=603585

Can't say it sounds overly exciting, but I will reserve my judgement until we get to experience it. Hopefully there will be some formal announcements soon.

• 2 weeks later...

I am keeping an open mind with regard to the entertainment changes on Azamara and trust that Larry P. and his team will come up with something fresh and acceptable. For me Azamara is 75 plus % about the destinations and destination immersion and the entertainment is only peripherally important although I do very much like and appreciate all three Cruise Directors and all the singers and dancers and guest performers. If I had to sit through Voices one more time, though - I don’t know what would happen...

This member reveiw sheds some light on what in forthcoming for the entertainment on the ships https://www.cruisecritic.com.au/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=603585

Can't say it sounds overly exciting, but I will reserve my judgement until we get to experience it. Hopefully there will be some formal announcements soon.

The reviewer's guess at what our new entertainment will be is not at all accurate, so please don't base your opinions on it! The formal announcement should be sometime next week. I believe everyone will be pleasantly surprised!

The reviewer's guess at what our new entertainment will be is not at all accurate, so please don't base your opinions on it! The formal announcement should be sometime next week. I believe everyone will be pleasantly surprised!

Thanks Bonnie, a timely reminder that not everything you read on the internet or Cruise Cruise is fact. Don’t worry there’s still a lots of pluses for us with the brand. We’re just going to miss those of the entertainment staff that are part of our important Azamara family experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So many of the changes have been leaked by various parties involved both positively and negatively that the official announcement is well overdue now so glad there seems to be a date in sight. I’m sure some will like the changes and some will not share Azamara’s enthusiasm for the new ideas

Very glad to read Bonnie's post. I am not paying the balance for my June B2B until the formal announcement has been made so I hope the date we find out does not slip.

While I agree with many posters that the entertainment is due a revamp some of the 'rumours' have been very off putting

It’s not only inaccurate about the entertainment. It says many of the staff are leaving and going to the Pursuit - 10% is not many. It’s necessary to take some staff from both current ships to staff the pursuit in order to help maintain the Azamara very distinctive ethos!

It’s not only inaccurate about the entertainment. It says many of the staff are leaving and going to the Pursuit - 10% is not many. It’s necessary to take some staff from both current ships to staff the pursuit in order to help maintain the Azamara very distinctive ethos!

Officers onboard were stating it was nearer 30% and they were the people making the changes

Officers onboard were stating it was nearer 30% and they were the people making the changes

Captain Carl is the man in charge, and he said very clearly that he is limited to 10-15% from Quest and Journey. That ADDS UP to 25-30%, but doesn't mean taking them all from one ship.

Captain Carl is the man in charge, and he said very clearly that he is limited to 10-15% from Quest and Journey. That ADDS UP to 25-30%, but doesn't mean taking them all from one ship.

Interesting it was to be 20-30% from each so there must have been a very recent change. Maybe Carl's figures were Marine team, not sure he has much say on the hotel side in reality

Anyone who believes the 10% story is buying into the marketing (again). Pursuit will have at least 50 to 60% existing Azamara crew and staff - overall. There’s no way any line launches a new ship with 80% new staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums