Uber - XL in Miami

We would like to try uber xl from our hotel in miami to the port and wanted to see if anyone has used the xl service and what kind of car we can expect? We are a family of 4 and have way too much luggage to fit into a regular car/cab and was wondering if a full sized suv or similar is the norm in the miami area?

thanks

I am a uber xl driver i have a yukon xl most have mini vans etc

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Perfect, thank you. Either of those options would work for us.

I have never heard of Uber before today (reading on line here and on FB). Can Uber go to the POM? I read they were not allowed in port or at airports? Also, are there vehicles that accomidate 6 people with luggage?

I have never heard of Uber before today (reading on line here and on FB). Can Uber go to the POM? I read they were not allowed in port or at airports? Also, are there vehicles that accomidate 6 people with luggage?

I am not in florida but do airport pick up and drop off regularly. Mine can do 6 passenger and cargo area in back or u can always request more then one if its your first time u can enter a promo code get up to 20.00 ride. If any of u have smartphones just have other in group do it to so your first ride are free i would give u mine but not sure its allowed.

here is a real time look at uber

Uber x up to 4 passengers

969c9612271fcdbe5b67e285a3063f24.jpg

5b152bf7a875be9aa1905c392b435c17.jpg

Uber xl up to 6 passengers

01bbb4f9a42e3bc4116615d7a48c3ad4.jpg

U can see how many just xl drivers there are

d3cae53e5061e4ea406a34bb6ade5763.jpg

Promo code of mine if its your first ride up to 20.00

5dda38bb1ed7eae5ce15e45e65252020.jpg

Here is a short video how it works if u never have before

Watch "Learn the Uber Basics | Uber" on YouTube

https://youtu.be/G8VjcZeuvmo

Oh thank you!!! I've never used it, wanting to on our upcoming Miami trip. But never had the opportunity to really use it, its illegal in our town. I am thrilled to try it!!

But are they allowed to drop off in the port? Like if I need a taxi from downtown to POM are they allowed to do that?

Edited by kelkel2

Oh thank you!!! I've never used it, wanting to on our upcoming Miami trip. But never had the opportunity to really use it, its illegal in our town. I am thrilled to try it!!

But are they allowed to drop off in the port? Like if I need a taxi from downtown to POM are they allowed to do that?

There may be restrictions on picking up at POM or MIA, but im pretty sure there are no restriction on where they can drop you off. Plus if i remember POM correctly, there is no security you go through to drop off passengers and luggage. If you park, thats different, but i dont remember going through any gates to drop off my luggage.

We are staying at a hotel near the airport, I called to ask about shuttle service to the POM as we have 6 of us going and we only get 2 free on the shuttle with the room. They said use Uber to the POM and they would help with the coupon, seems like a great choice for that area and the hotel recommended so I think they can go to the POM.