!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Excellent review so far. Can't wait to read more.

Thanks for posting the daily for Entourage. We're sailing on Escape on August 20 with two teens. This is very helpful. I expect no less from your reviews. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

You're very welcome, glad the documents are of your benefit. The funny thing is that I ended getting like 4 copies of each thinking they were different :D

You've certainly whet my appetite for that spa! My wife and I are going to sail on the Escape in a mere 406 days, and I booked a Spa Balcony. Those stone loungers will be our home away from home I suspect! :D

Yeah, the spa is deff very enjoyable. I am sure that you will enjoy your time there :)

Can you explain a bit more of the taxes part on day 1? Is it just for that day? Whats the tax rate?

Also are all the beers (under $15) in the Brew House included?

The taxes are only for the first day, up until you get in international waters. It was the same for RCCL a couple of months ago. The tax rate is the Florida one, which I believe is 6% flat, but I could be wrong. That is correct all drinks and beers under 15 are included under the package. I never saw any liquor over 15, other than those few beers you see there. I am sure there is, but I never saw any. Maybe some top whiskies. But I even had some very old Glennlevit and it was included under the package.

Gambee, excited to follow along on another review!

Goodness, I've spent a lot of time on the computer between Oasis review and now this one! I guess it's okay since it still rains daily up in NY - drat! :cool:

Welcome aboard Mike, nice to see you here as well :)

Following! So glad you guys had a great week.

So far the ship looks like Celebrity on the inside, and Carnival on the pool decks.

Can't wait to read more...

That is a very good of putting it, although it is a tad different. You will see more as you see sea days.

I'm so very excited to see your pictures! Thank you. We leave Saturday for our 2nd sailing on this amazing ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Have a fabulous cruise!

Good Morning to you and your adorable Mom,:)

So glad you had a great cruise.

I'm a loyal Royal but thinking of taking the Breakaway to Bermuda since it stays a few days.

How would you compare Breakaway to Escape?

Thank you again for your wonderful review. Can't wait for more:)

Liz:)

I'm so very excited to see your pictures! Thank you. We leave Saturday for our 2nd sailing on this amazing ship!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

WOW This review is just SUPER We will be on this cruise this Saturday with our 21 year old Grandson that just returned from his deployment in Kuwait. May have to try the run for the Vibe Pass

Hi Gambee! I am so happy to see another review from you, and I am particularly interested in this ship, or Getaway. I was briefly booked on Escape, for a cruise this fall, but Carnival ended up reeling me in with an excellent deal, that I could not turn down.

Since it costs me so much to cruise solo, plus added airfare from Ottawa to cruise port and at least one night or more of hotel, I am highly motivated by cost. However, I have been wanting to cruise on NCL for some years now, so I am promising myself for 2017, either Getaway or Escape, or even Epic. Then again, you never know, a miracle could happen and I get a good deal on Oasis of the Seas:D Your review of that one , just sold me.

Thanks again, and looking forward to more of your great review.

Good Morning to you and your adorable Mom,:)

So glad you had a great cruise.

I'm a loyal Royal but thinking of taking the Breakaway to Bermuda since it stays a few days.

How would you compare Breakaway to Escape?

Thank you again for your wonderful review. Can't wait for more:)

Liz:)

I will make multiple comparisons throughout the review between the two ships. But I think they are more similar than anything else. A few of the venues are different, and the layout is a little different. That trip to Bermuda is fantastic by the way!

WOW This review is just SUPER We will be on this cruise this Saturday with our 21 year old Grandson that just returned from his deployment in Kuwait. May have to try the run for the Vibe Pass

I hope you have a fabulous cruise!

Thank you for following :)

Hi Gambee! I am so happy to see another review from you, and I am particularly interested in this ship, or Getaway. I was briefly booked on Escape, for a cruise this fall, but Carnival ended up reeling me in with an excellent deal, that I could not turn down.

Since it costs me so much to cruise solo, plus added airfare from Ottawa to cruise port and at least one night or more of hotel, I am highly motivated by cost. However, I have been wanting to cruise on NCL for some years now, so I am promising myself for 2017, either Getaway or Escape, or even Epic. Then again, you never know, a miracle could happen and I get a good deal on Oasis of the Seas:D Your review of that one , just sold me.

Thanks again, and looking forward to more of your great review.

One thing you have to keep in mind are those Studio cabins on NCL. You can really get a very good deal if you look at late Nov or early December. I highly recommend you try NCL, they have really grown since I last cruised with them.

Also the studio cabins have their own little area, and you meet lots of people there.

Thank you for following my reviews, I truly appreciate it :)

Loving the review so far, gambee! We sailed on Escape for our first cruise ever on 4/23 and we miss her terribly. Beautiful, exciting ship with an amazing crew. This brings back all those great memories.

Can't wait to read/see the rest of your review and pics.

Loving the review so far, gambee! We sailed on Escape for our first cruise ever on 4/23 and we miss her terribly. Beautiful, exciting ship with an amazing crew. This brings back all those great memories.

Can't wait to read/see the rest of your review and pics.

She is indeed a gorgeous ship, we had a grand time!

thank you for following along:)

Hey Gambee and Gambee's Mom. So happy you bought a balcony cabin and surprised your Mother. We just got back from our 9 day Journey's cruise on the Carnival Sunshine and had a great time. You'll find my review under Chris & Ginny's 9 Day Journey's cruise. Here's the link: Chris & Ginny's 9 Day Cruise

Welcome aboard :)

I will have to check out your review after I finish this one, I just bookmarked it ;)