!!! NORWEGIAN ESCAPE !!! ^_^ The Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide

gambee

Glady's cafe on St. Thomas looks super cute.... how long of a cab/bus ride was it from the pier? how much did the ride cost? Looking for ideas for St. Thomas when we stop there on Oasis next year. Thanks Gambee - enjoying the review!

From Havensight, taxi is $4 to downtown. They drop you near the post office. If you are looking for an interesting shop or two, try the Palm Passage shopping area (a few blocks from where Galdys' is located). There is a store there called Fish Face and another one directly across the way that we really enjoyed. They had more local/unique things there.

Thank You again for taking time to post such a thorough review!

Your pictures are AMAZING!

There are a "million" things I need to be doing to get ready to head to Miami, I just couldn't tear my self away from This!

And what is it with people ramming into the elevators before everyone has gotten off?!?!?! :mad:

I know! I ran into (literally) the same thing on the Escape in November 2015. It's like people leave their brains on the dock sometimes.

I'm loving your review, btw.

--Michael

The absolute best review I have ever read!! Thank you 😀

We have booked this cruise for June 2017 and it will be our first ever with NCL. We are regulars with RCI but we couldn't resist the price for this one so thought we'd give it a go. We are slightly nervous as it is also our first time to the Caribbean and our first in a aft balcony.

What would your comparison be of NCL/RCI?

The absolute best review I have ever read!! Thank you 😀

We have booked this cruise for June 2017 and it will be our first ever with NCL. We are regulars with RCI but we couldn't resist the price for this one so thought we'd give it a go. We are slightly nervous as it is also our first time to the Caribbean and our first in a aft balcony.

What would your comparison be of NCL/RCI?

You should be fine, the two lines definitely have their differences, but is what is what makes them unique.

When the review is done, I will post a conclusion, I usually tend to do a lot of comparisons there :)

Is it weird that this review makes me feel every part of the holiday and even though it's not my holiday I'm irrationally saddened by the end of it looming closer? I've been thoroughly enjoying this!

It was our last that of a 7 day cruise, and this was the first time that we had a port on the last day. I will be honest and say that I don’t care for it. The last day I usually spend taking pictures that I missed and relaxing. On this cruise it felt like I was always running on the last day, and in the end, I never managed to accomplish everything that I needed to do.

I woke up and I was still feeling a bit ill, I knew then that it would be a no booze day.

I did my usual morning routine.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-1_zps1t9g7dps.jpg

Mom was telling me how she stayed up late talking to a nice Cuban lady at O’sheehans. Which reminds me, we never saw that many Spanish people, maybe 10% of the entire passengers?

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-2_zps3tpiqjkv.jpg

She also told me that Ro saw her there and refilled her coke for her. Ro works from 8:30 till 11:30, although some days her shifts are cut, like on the last day of the cruise.

I also forgot to mention that I had black and blues all over my arms from sleeping in such a compact space.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-3_zps6h4fvtnd.jpg

Last time I did not get pictures of the breakfast pizza. Actually, I think this was the first time I saw them. I wanted to try it, but I was sick, and I was afraid of making it worse.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-26_zpsnztvqyfi.jpg

And remember that I said that they have some really good items all the way to the front of the buffet. That is where the eggs benedict were hiding.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-29_zpsoncufapz.jpg

I decided to get one since they didn't have any smoke salmon. That is what got me sick on the Carnival Victory. The odds of the ham getting me sick were low.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-30_zpsi0fdlxhf.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-31_zpsyoorawkr.jpg

I was talking to a fellow CC member and he something that made me think. He said, that NCL is trying to become a premium line instead of a mass market one, but that's very hard to do when you have these ships with over 5k people in them. He was also having a great time, and had nothing but good things to say about his vacation. Although he did have one issue with people from cruise sales approach him while he was dining at Bistro.

He was also telling me how he missed the old days of cruising, and how now everything is all technology orientated. Ironically, that is exactly what I enjoy about cruising. He did say one thing that I would have loved to do, they used to fly kites on the back of the ship. I can only imagine bringing my power kite, and flying overboard :D

He also told me that the Concordia sinking has cost Costa over 2 billion dollars since the incident, and that is why he thinks the Costa line product has decreased in the past years. Remember, he had over 80 cruises under his belt, so he was quite knowledgeable.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-80_zpspubzxtoc.jpg

At one point two laddies came to us offering pastries and singing while at it. I think I also saw them in the buffet that morning.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-83_zps2bvnchdi.jpg

Mom taking pictures as we approached Nassau.

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-86_zpsgcyhwrgk.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-88_zps9ysbqqus.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-89_zps24mnugxw.jpg

How cool is that pic?

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-164_zpsxx2ahi5j.jpg

And the Valor was next to Divina

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-167_zps6fywbol1.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-169_zpscjxavl6h.jpg

Something on that glass looked really nasty, I wonder what it was. You guess what I thought it looked like :D

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-170_zpsmckovklz.jpg

norwegian%20escape%20day%207-171_zpsy9qv5lys.jpg