Shooting at FLL Airport

JMKreno

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/06/us/fort-lauderdale-airport-incident/index.html

Airport looks to be in chaos at the moment, hope everyone is safe. Sympathy to the victims!

Airport might be a mess for a few days so anyone with travel plans into/out of FLL keep aware and even potentially MIA as I expect them to reroute traffic through MIA in the short-term

Edited by JMKreno

Fox news reported that he flew on a Canadian airline and had a gun checked in his luggage. He claimed his luggage, took the gun to the rest room and loaded it and came out and started firing.

Great job TSA in Canada.

Fox news reported that he flew on a Canadian airline and had a gun checked in his luggage. He claimed his luggage, took the gun to the rest room and loaded it and came out and started firing.

Great job TSA in Canada.

Obviously its early in the investigation. But if the person is an active military person, then he would be allowed to check guns into his luggage.

(News coverage I am listening too, just called it a 'Legally Checked' gun)

Bad Person is Bad. TSA may not be at fault here.

Obviously its early in the investigation. But if the person is an active military person, then he would be allowed to check guns into his luggage.

(News coverage I am listening too, just called it a 'Legally Checked' gun)

Bad Person is Bad. TSA may not be at fault here.

TSA probably not at fault. It's common and legal to check guns.

Great job TSA in Canada.

And now they are saying not from Canada, but rather from Alaska and flew ANC-MSP-FLL.

And US airport baggage claims are wide open to the public which I have always thought unsafe. Everywhere else I have flown the baggage claim areas are restricted areas. So doesn't really matter if a gun was in a checked bag. And although on an AC flight, it originated from Alaska which is a US state.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Airport looks to be in chaos at the moment, hope everyone is safe. Sympathy to the victims!

Airport might be a mess for a few days so anyone with travel plans into/out of FLL keep aware and even potentially MIA as I expect them to reroute traffic through MIA in the short-term

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2439405

Looks like only 2 departures scheduled today...Princess and Holland. If this had been on a day with six or seven departures, thousands might have missed their cruises.

I am wondering whether the two departures will delay long enough for some disrupted passengers to find their way to the boat via alternate means. I would hope so.

My friend's brother and sister-in-law were on their way to airport today to fly back to NYC and are currently stuck on the highway since nothing is moving. Airport is shut down and no word on whether, when or if it will reopen today.

My friend called their cell phone to let them know what was going on.

Definitely the airport was expecting cruise ship passengers today since there were reps from the cruise lines ready to assist arriving passengers getting to their ship and they claimed their luggage.

Much confusion and people running scared due to not knowing what was going on.

Prayers for all affected and especially those passengers who witnessed the actual shootings.

MARAPRINCE

Looks like only 2 departures scheduled today...Princess and Holland. If this had been on a day with six or seven departures, thousands might have missed their cruises.

I am wondering whether the two departures will delay long enough for some disrupted passengers to find their way to the boat via alternate means. I would hope so.

It is way more then that since many people fly in to Ft Lauderdale and sail from Miami. I know that at least Carnival and Royal have 3 night cruises that leave today.

Just noticed that on the news ,also something about cruse ports are to be on alert as well :confused:

Our Prayers to all the innocent people affected by this CRIMINAL he is the responsible party. It breaks my heart to see this type of event. It also makes my skin crawl when the politics begin afterward. I pray for comfort to those that lost so much and a speedy recovery to those injured.