Can you handle "too many" Allure pictures?

It is tradition… If you have been reading my reviews in the past, you know they have to start off with my woes about my countdown clock now saying:

da8872d27414999f88f1b4c7677f0849.jpg

d268f933fd7e355d909f810bf4f22dd7.jpg

This is my second attempt using Tapatalk. I hope the pictures turn out the right size this time!

The Background:

We just returned last Sunday from the Western Caribbean sailing on Allure. We don’t normally cruise in May, since school is still in. However, we found every flimsy excuse in the proverbial book to go on this cruise…

Cruise excuse # 12:” Our son is graduating from fifth grade.”

Cruise excuse # 17: “We got some retro pay.”

Crusie excuse # 24: “We need time to practice our Rubiks cube skills.”

How about this one?

Cruise excuse # 48: “I like symmetry, and we are one cruise away from that symmetrical square on the fridge magnets.”

63ba006f37576522ea7f949a0fdc8a17.jpg

In comes Allure as cruise number 20..... Aaaaah, much better:

82a755531735f7ff7c27d7ebfbde0baf.jpg

APDMOM

A few disclaimers:

I will try my best to finish this 'picture review' in 7 days or less. I still work full time, but I don't like dragging reviews out.

I appreciate and read every comment and post, but I don't necessarily respond to each one. I will sometimes throw in a general comment to reply to all. I hope that is okay. :)

We took this cruise for the ship, so we cannot give much input on Jamaica or Cozumel. We did not even get off the ship in those two ports. I do have some pics and info from Labadee.

I LOVE pictures. I will be posting many! If a picture review is what you are looking for, this is it.

I will be working from 3 different devices, since Tapatalk does not work on the computer. So, I may sometimes have to edit posts on the computer to make the font and picture size look right.

For those who wonder why I use Tapatalk: I am cheap. I used to pay for Photobucket so that people here on CC can have the pleasure of seeing my pictures at my expense. Now I found out that Tapatalk uploads full sized pictures for free. My kind of deal!

Without further ado... here we go with the rest of the review. Come along with me on an Allure adventure full of picture memories.

The main cruise excuse for this particular one:

“We LOVED Oasis, and this deal is $800 less than we paid for a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis.”

So, we booked the oceanview GTY balcony, crossing our fingers for a great cabin. We were assigned a forward starboard cabin, but were able to switch to 7264 (as it was in the same category). This was a GREAT location- very close to the Boardwalk, Promenade Café, and Central Park.

Here are some cabin pictures:

We were 3 people in the cabin. Here is the room with the sofa put away:

4d2300d9520b487372ab346ac5e044b9.jpg

Here is the sofabed - always ready at night:

0d16ff6ac8d30cfe28bd717bc16e179f.jpg

Our room steward was Alan. He was excellent. He quickly learned our schedule, and always had our room ready when we returned from breakfast and dinner.

Here is a view toward the bathroom and closet. Note the "over the door organizer" at the bathroom. I find that Oasis class ships have much less storage than Freedom and Voyager class ships. So, we travel with the over-the-door organizer. This particular one happens to fit perfectly on the small hooks of the bathroom door!

724a547030ea79d7a0c48e79ac958d48.jpg

A view of the balcony:

b6f0af8df08a8e5a2e68691159bed17f.jpg

A view from the balcony:

6ed13e84606c7dded6c47409ec000071.jpg

We love our balcony. We spend a lot of time here - especially on sea days. Maybe that is part of why we typically don't find ships to be crowded.

334b4e45f2f38ba4b9c3cbd16943425e.jpg

APDMOM

Edited by APDMOM
typo

I got way ahead of myself :D

I forgot to mention that I will come back to the web version to 'edit' the font in order to highlight tips in red.

Also forgot to say that we used Park-N-Go for the third time. Our very first experience with them was not excellent, but based upon the fact that there were some unique circumstances, we gave them another try in March. This will be the place we park from now on. If you pay online in advance, you get a nice discount. The service is quick and friendly, and you get a bottle of water for each passenger when you return after the cruise. This is a very nice thought, as we all know how thirsty you get between the time you hear that last 'ding' to leave the ship and the time you finally clear customs.

Yayyyy!! I'm so excited to see all your beautiful photos. [emoji4] subscribing!

Hey, Celisse! I am so glad you are checking in! Could you please share a link here to the Compass that you posted? Did you post every day? If not, I still have mine.

I will also post the kids' programs at the end of the review.

Hope all is well with you and your mom! :)

Hey, Celisse! I am so glad you are checking in! Could you please share a link here to the Compass that you posted? Did you post every day? If not, I still have mine.

I will also post the kids' programs at the end of the review.

Hope all is well with you and your mom! :)

Sure! Here they are.

Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruise Compasses - May 15, 2016: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fieak1csc30d7nb/AABU6mmi8d9roEjD4GWCog9ja?dl=0

Everything is in that PDF for the week.

Everything is great with my mom and I. She had a lot of fun meeting everyone and she keeps saying what a nice group our Roll Call was. I'm glad we all had a nice time. [emoji4]

Sure! Here they are.

Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruise Compasses - May 15, 2016: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fieak1csc30d7nb/AABU6mmi8d9roEjD4GWCog9ja?dl=0

Everything is great with my mom and I. She had a lot of fun meeting everyone and she keeps saying what a nice group our Roll Call was. I'm glad we all had a nice time. [emoji4]

Thanks! You are awesome!

APDMOM

So, in the essence of time (or maybe just because I forgot to take these pictures), I will borrow some cabin hacks from my Oasis review:

These magnetic hooks are great to create extra space. We hang hats, jackets, swim stuff and a flashlight on them. They are super strong, but do not damage the wall:

ee7c82deadb2edb1f68434000d8cdcd9.jpg

The safe is pretty small. We still have an iPad 2, which barely fit into it when you angle it.

76659c1e1f27bf6f47b976d8728ae843.jpg

Put a rag in the little soap rack in the shower. It will keep your razor and stuff from slipping off:

a5ff20705d55a6772b219137332c7851.jpg

The 3 plugs on the table were really enough for us to charge all our electronics:

1c21f359f93ea9bb09d63c2359225969.jpg

We did bring along a nifty plug for our iDevices:

3f06064665c1b606ce8385982b3a8c84.jpg

APDMOM

Edited by APDMOM
tips

Time to cook dinner. I will be back with more pictures and tips later tonight. Thanks to the "74 viewers" lurking along. Oh, wait 54 of those would be me... I'm starting to sound like King Julien. :D:D:D

Insert King Julien voice: "Everybody look at me!"

7eedc8aec3e98e34c67b6bc344ebf4ae.jpg

APDMOM

When you have way too many pictures and all these neighborhoods to cover, it is hard to know where to start. So, I will start at the beginning of our cruise, which happened to be at the Boardwalk.

Boarding was delayed due to ‘extra sanitizing’. Yes, we arrived to a letter that explained a small percentage of previous guests had experienced what they believed to be Noro virus. We later found out from our waiter only 30 people had reportedly been effected.

Our original plan was to eat at the Park Café, since we thought we would be some of the first passengenrs onboard. Well, with hundreds of passengers already waiting between Pinnacle and Emerald, we knew we would have to make plan B.

Plan B was lunch at Sabor. Unfortunately, they took the sampler off the menu (pay $20 for enough food to share among 3). We ordered a la carte and I tried my first Avocado Margarita. This is one reason I was glad I got the ultimate package for the glitch price of $310!!! I did not like the margarita that everyone raved about, so I did not finish it. No guilt for ‘$13’ wasted.

Sabor:

8a0e8eb20f085c9a129e3cf60e9935bf.jpg

b5402cab59ab94f977f82857934f4730.jpg

69a66024335358abe448df535d801cc5.jpg

e5d4b836fda1fd03403c4c562d068e29.jpg

2dbe0e7f17e203530910ff4f0b0bae17.jpg

If you are interested in frequenting Sabor Bar, I hope you have the privilege of meeting Tricia. She is by far the best bartender I met on the cruise. Even when they are busy, she immediately acknowledges your presence, and takes multiple orders without missing a beat! She has incredible working memory...

806843959e04e4f63c9c466d6632bd58.jpg

Tip: For a free lunch that is less crowded than Windjammer, try to board the ship early, and head straight to deck 8 for the Park Cafe

Or, for a la carte in a very quiet venue, go to Sabor.

APDMOM

Edited by APDMOM
Tip

Entrance to the Boardwalk - Deck 6:

e6e900bd99da0ce70a2a7012c366dbbf.jpg

f9068d25b33ca8d420f2b923778a8719.jpg

I feel sorry for anyone who does not know what a Flake is... Yum! I just wish they really served the "Choc 99" on the Boardwalk.

e58d8e2dddce4b62d8e2b52b7a28b2a6.jpg

We forgot to take pictures of our distorted images in these mirrors.

c87120b0f36332e07739ffe34880077a.jpg

APDMOM

Thanks for the picture of the sofa made up as a bed. We're on the Allure in July and was wondering if we could get to the balcony door with the sofa made up.

Following along.

You are welcome. Yes, you can squeeze by to get to the balcony. We spent many evenings enjoying the ocean and fresh air on the balcony, while our son slept inside. :)

Enjoy your cruise! I wish we could go along!

The donuts were not quite as bad as I had expected, based upon reviews about the "cake-like" texture. It was more inbetween Krispy Kreme and cake-like. The pink ones were my favorite.

5df6c2ea59997e9fb7a41272b338b59d.jpg

e073cbaef8cd7d5804f24942808f99c4.jpg

There is a nice play area inside this display, with a slide for kids:

6e9dfb6f4d6372772ab5084222f0d2fe.jpg

2b96d641350cdcfb84e08c3e9e2fd5c4.jpg

3da1e42d3ce68f82926b835a6f38ff5f.jpg

8eff093b877db3f7a2d5fda6685f02fb.jpg

APDMOM

Edited by APDMOM
typo

The aft view:

5dba516999fc9ee7194d1959c650afc3.jpg

Nothing like being greeted in your "almost" mother tongue:

b3995e09984c0b32a07558ce8a9794bf.jpg

86cf8fb752aae82cedfde2c63b086c57.jpg

A view from 12729 (we got to visit during the cabin crawl):

3c3b1d794d37d83e53790166152aa85e.jpg

Labadee in the background:

c7b36e99e419c386dda0b1180ccf66a1.jpg

APDMOM

That concludes the tour of the Boardwalk and the review for tonight. I do have some Johnny Rockets pictures that I will post with our 'breakfast review' ...or at least recommendations.

A big thank you for the compliments. Also thanks to all the followers, readers, and even 'skimmers' who just look at the pictures. :D

Until tomorrow, happy cruise planning! :)

Sure! Here they are.

Celisse, the Compass is really clear and easy to read. I will have to learn how you do that. Thanks again for sharing. It saves me a lot of time of scanning... :)

When you have way too many pictures and all these neighborhoods to cover, it is hard to know where to start. So, I will start at the beginning of our cruise, which happened to be at the Boardwalk.

Boarding was delayed due to ‘extra sanitizing’. Yes, we arrived to a letter that explained a small percentage of previous guests had experienced what they believed to be Noro virus. We later found out from our waiter only 30 people had reportedly been effected.

Our original plan was to eat at the Park Café, since we thought we would be some of the first passengenrs onboard. Well, with hundreds of passengers already waiting between Pinnacle and Emerald, we knew we would have to make plan B.

Plan B was lunch at Sabor. Unfortunately, they took the sampler off the menu (pay $20 for enough food to share among 3). We ordered a la carte and I tried my first Avocado Margarita. This is one reason I was glad I got the ultimate package for the glitch price of $310!!! I did not like the margarita that everyone raved about, so I did not finish it. No guilt for ‘$13’ wasted.

APDMOM

What! No more sampler?! I'll be on Allure next week and was planning on that.

We have reservations for Sabor the first night. Do you have a closer picture of the updated menu?

Thanks for the review. It'll help me make it through the the next 8 days!

James