QE transiting the Panama Canal

Ray66

Thank you so much for posting this.

I have far too much to do to watch it as I am supposed to be packing to fly to San Francisco in exactly one week to join them.

OH, who am I kidding? I will end up glued to this all day.

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Good show. Here is a screen capture from the Miraflores locks webcam for those who may have missed it.

39915524961_7f9aea8bd4_b.jpg

Mark your calendars for March 2, 2018 when QV makes the transit in the opposite direction as she nears the end of her circumnavigation of South America.

Regards, John

Good show. Here is a screen capture from the Miraflores locks webcam for those who may have missed it.

Thanks everyone for a letting us...I see shes out now with another ship ahead on her webcam...always nice to see other life out there. Looking forward to seeing her down this way in a few weeks...

roscoe

Hello all,

I have created a time lapse video of this Queen Elizabeth Full Panama Canal Transit,

by concatenating images from the webcam. The video is about 2 minutes long, and I would like to share it with other Cruise Critic members. I posted it to Youtube.

The address is:

Please enjoy

Vince

Thanks everyone for a letting us...I see shes out now with another ship ahead on her webcam...always nice to see other life out there. Looking forward to seeing her down this way in a few weeks...

roscoe

Oh, Roscoe, will you be near us in Bay of Islands? Please say yes. :D

I join in San Francisco and the group already on are wonderful.

Your blogs were part of why we decided to to a "World" on Cunard.

This time lapse was wonderful.

Thank you, AutomobileEnthusiast.

Oh, Roscoe, will you be near us in Bay of Islands? Please say yes. :D

I join in San Francisco and the group already on are wonderful.

Your blogs were part of why we decided to to a "World" on Cunard.

This time lapse was wonderful.

Thank you, AutomobileEnthusiast.

Hi sorry Bananavan - no sorry Auckland is about 3 hours drive from the Bay of Islands. It is my home town though so if you have any questions feel free to ask... I will be down to the wharf to see you come in on the 23 February before heading to work...

I'm glad I prompted you into this adventure. You won't regret it, I'm looking forward to

going around again in a couple of years....

regards Roscoe

Hello all,

I have created a time lapse video of this Queen Elizabeth Full Panama Canal Transit,

by concatenating images from the webcam. The video is about 2 minutes long, and I would like to share it with other Cruise Critic members. I posted it to Youtube.

The address is:

Please enjoy

Vince

Thank you so much for putting this together. Great video :)

• 1 month later...
Queen Victoria Pamana Canal Transit

2 Mar, 2018

Time lapse video (from webcam images)

https://youtu.be/8K8wq***ei8

There appears to be a problem with the link. Have tried a number of options but no luck :(

It looks like the link to the video is being censored by Cruise Critic. The three asterisks that appear in the link are supposed to be "w T f" (without the spaces). Presumably those three characters are being censored because they have a rude connotation when used on their own within a post.

Regards, John

It looks like the link to the video is being censored by Cruise Critic. The three asterisks that appear in the link are supposed to be "w T f" (without the spaces). Presumably those three characters are being censored because they have a rude connotation when used on their own within a post.

It just dawned on me that a work-around is to encode one or more of the offending characters within the video's URL. Here is a link to AutomobileEnthusiast's video of QV's Panama Canal transit that gets by Cruise Critic's editing of the URL.

Regards, John

It just dawned on me that a work-around is to encode one or more of the offending characters within the video's URL. Here is a link to AutomobileEnthusiast's video of QV's Panama Canal transit that gets by Cruise Critic's editing of the URL.

Regards, John

Thank you John.

Vince

• 1 month later...