Best beach for small children?

Mediterranean_Honeymooner

We will have one day in Cozumel with two kids, ages 5 and 2. We are looking for an inexpensive but nice beach. Someplace with calmer water is a plus as we are traveling during hurricane season. I have looked at Playa Mia, Paradise Beach, Mr. Sanchos, Chakanaab, and Isla Pasion, but am open to suggestions outside of these as well. The kids are too young for inflatables or swimming with dolphins. We don't need unlimited alcohol or food. Just looking for a reasonably priced place where they can play in the sand and splash in the water for a few hours. TIA!

Playa Mia, with a kiddie water park, and Paradise Beach -- great facilities and a huge pool - would be my top two suggestions for families with young kids. Taxi for 4 to either should be about $17 each way.

Playa Mia, with a kiddie water park, and Paradise Beach -- great facilities and a huge pool - would be my top two suggestions for families with young kids. Taxi for 4 to either should be about $17 each way.

Thank you! I just read about Playa Palancar, so that is added to my possibilities. But I think the two you mentioned are my front runners.

With kids that age I would look at Playa Mia,or Chankanaab, which has a variety of activities.

If you want a day pass to a hotel resort I would look at Allegra, nice beach probably quieter splashground depending on how busy hotel is, or Park Royal, (no transport required) if you are at International or Puerta Maya.

Hurricanes won’t really affect your choice they are all on the same coast and will either all be rough, or not. If hurricane is in the area you won’t dock, or will go elsewhere.

With kids that age I would look at Playa Mia,or Chankanaab, which has a variety of activities.

If you want a day pass to a hotel resort I would look at Allegra, nice beach probably quieter splashground depending on how busy hotel is, or Park Royal, small Beach but no transport required so convenient if you are at International or Puerta Maya.

Hurricanes won’t really affect your choice they are all on the same coast and will either all be rough, or not. If hurricane is in the area you won’t dock, or will go elsewhere.

If you want a day pass to a hotel resort I would look at Allegra, nice beach probably quieter splashground depending on how busy hotel is, or Park Royal, small Beach but no transport required so convenient if you are at International or Puerta Maya.

Thank you. How will I know if we are at International or Puerta Maya? Would you recommend Park Royal over one you have to travel to? I'd like a bigger, nicer beach, but not taking a cab is certainly appealing, especially since I'll have no car seats.

• 2 weeks later...

Took my 2 yr old last year to playa Mia and she had a good time in the splash pad. My older son was 12 and he enjoyed the water slides too. There was a lot to do there and I’d def go back....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you. How will I know if we are at International or Puerta Maya? Would you recommend Park Royal over one you have to travel to? I'd like a bigger, nicer beach, but not taking a cab is certainly appealing, especially since I'll have no car seats.

http://www.cruiseportinsider.com/cozumelschedule2018.html

Good port indication but always subject to change. International pier will always be predominantly Royal/ celebrity ships; Puerta Maya will be Carnival family. Punta Langosta generally has NCL, Disney and some smaller Carnival.

We enjoyed Park Royal with 3 year old but it depends how much activity you want. We were content with small Beach for sand and water play. The beach is reached via a tunnel under the road from the hotel lobby and buildings. There are three pools, I think, - we liked the one away from the beach near the lobby. There is a small child pool and small children’s club which your older child may be able to access ( ours wasn’t old enough for Club but used the pool under supervision). Nice indoor buffet for rest out of heat. Walk ocean side to the hotel if you have a stroller and cross the road at lobby entrance. Main drawback of Park Royal is AI hours (11-6) which may/may not work with your port hours. You can enter earlier but cannot access food and drink until 11am.

The other places I mentioned will have more activities but will require taxi fare, entrance fee and PAYG for food and drink.