Cozumel, Roatan & Belize; Taking turns snorkeling / watching a toddler

DisneyMomofTwo

Hi Everyone: First post here! It's myself, husband, two adult daughters and an 18 mo old that will be cruising on the Carnival Breeze. We all love to snorkel, but the problem is all the official excursions won't allow toddlers. So, we are looking for places to go to on our own or via excursions where there is decent snorkeling while we trade off with another family member watching the toddler at the shoreline. This would be for Cozumel, Roatan and Belize. Thanks!

Welcome to the boards! :D

Head to the Money Bar for good snorkeling from the shore, plus good facilities, lockers, and good food, drinks and service. No admission fee. No real beach - you enter the water via steps, but they do offer a sandy area for sunning and relaxing and lots of lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, etc. Taxi for 4 will be about $12 each way. Check reviews on this board (ADQ Robin has some great photos, and Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review linked in her signature) as well as Trip advisor. ;)

Money Bar would be good for snorkeling but depending on how active the toddler is, I would be nervous about taking a toddler there. Maybe Check out Chankanaab - more space, activities and pool (although I haven’t checked that one regarding non- potty trained) but comes with an entrance fee. Also Playa Azul or Buccanos.

Where are you docking in Roatan? If Mahogany Bay there is a beach there and some people have snorkeled near a pier. We have enjoyed Maya Kay and Club Natale with toddler. We didn’t snorkel at Club Natale and I think you have to kayak out to reef.

Maya Key might be a good option for you in Roatan. The snorkeling right off the beach isn't phenomenal but the snorkeling off their pier is good. They also have a Mayan exhibit, some animal enclosures with monkeys and birds. There is also a nice size swimming pool. It's all spread out so your toddler would have plenty of things to see/do and be able to run around while others are snorkeling.

In Roatan there is great snorkeling from the shore in the West Bay beach area. There are several beach clubs with great facilities (Paradise Beach, Banarama, Infinity Bay) that would work great for what you want to do. You can get there by ship excursion, booking directly with the club through shore excursioner or set up a private tour with Victor Bodden or Rony's Tours.

In Cozumel I would second the Chankanaab suggestion. Playa Mia has a water park for small ones but I don't think the snorkeling is very good there.

As for Belize, the only real options are getting out to the reef by boat. I don't know of anything that would work with a toddler.

Welcome to the boards! :D

Head to the Money Bar for good snorkeling from the shore, plus good facilities, lockers, and good food, drinks and service. No admission fee. No real beach - you enter the water via steps, but they do offer a sandy area for sunning and relaxing and lots of lounge chairs, tables, umbrellas, etc. Taxi for 4 will be about $12 each way. Check reviews on this board (ADQ Robin has some great photos, and Mitsugirly has a photo intensive review linked in her signature) as well as Trip advisor. ;)

Here is Money Bar's menu.

http://www.debsdays.com/2017/12/money-bar-cozumel.html

• 3 weeks later...