'18 Alaska Ruby Princess patters/menus wanted

red4u2

• 2 weeks later...

This is photo of last nights menu from outside the MDR. All MDRs opened at 430p and were anytime dining since our arrival time was 7pm in Victoria. Hope it helps, will check patters later.

8436f6c769ed5038c54b0f1839f9817c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is embarkation patter and flyers. The port offers free luggage to the airport delivered to the airline. I heard a lot of people complaining this morning that they weren’t told about this. I believe the flyer arrived on day 2.

6929b1c0019a2f8cc73aa359604bf7c2.jpg

b418d2a06b76735056e8f70660cb2e3b.jpg

5d8e76ce0555c3c075363104205e41fd.jpg

2ed97fbd36b410fe205e6c40c97f0ae2.jpg

4b468eec27ce612c447a2c0229270511.jpg

ca1370b0ca154dae66929d1b3c6fe837.jpg

I’m currently disembarking the Ruby from the first AK sailing. Sorry but I only have 1 MDR menu to share. I think I have every single patter, will check when I get home.

Anthony, thank you for taking the time to post these. How was it? We’re on the May 26 cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It was pretty good but certainly not the best Princess cruise I've been on. Despite terrible weather forecast everyday the only rainy day was Ketchikan where tours were canceled. Glacier Bay was amazing with clouds in AM then sunny in the afternoon. Don't obsessively check the weather because it changes instantly. The White Pass train in Skagway was really special because of the snow on the ground. The top 3rd of the route was a total whiteout making the views even more spectacular.

Thanks so much for posting, we leave next Saturday and these patters increase my excitement which I didn't think I could get more excited. This is my third Alaskan cruise, but it's been 6 years since my last one! Thanks again for going through the trouble of posting these!

I want to thank you too. This will be our 3rd cruise to Alaska on Princess but our first out of Seattle. We are taking 5 first time Princess cruisers/first time Alaska visitors (our 2 kids, spouses and granddaughter) with us so I've forwarded the Patters to them. They extend their thanks too!

Thanks for posting. Mid June going on the star. What do you recommend for glacier bay day? We usually stay out on deck but I have someone with a mobility issue and glacier bay is such a long period. We have a balcony and can use that but don't want to miss the best stuff. We have never done glacier bay or princess before.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Glacier Bay was the highlight for us and the main reason we took this cruise. Around 7am we were up at sky walkers which is where the rangers setup the tables and answer any Qs. Don’t forget your NPS passport book! They will have the official stamp and everyone receives the official NPS Park map for Glacier Bay the night before. They will post a big route map with time frames of where they will be so you can plan your day. I love taking photos with the park entrance signs and they even have some setup outside the lounge which worked just fine for me. I would plan on being in/out taking in views between 9a-2p. The promenade deck wasn’t crowded at all. Most were out on the top decks. We opted for first time not to have a balcony because it was cold however next time we will. The ship turns and there will be views on both sides however I think the port would be best because you can see great views coming in esp going by Johns Hopkins inlet area. We saw plenty of ice falling and lots of bald eagles flying around. A couple dolphins or something in the water but things happen so fast. Keep in mind that if you want coffee or anything to go with lid that you need to bring your own cup. All paper products are removed that day incl the wooden stirrers. Your basically limited to the small white plastic cups in the buffet.

94c76cb432c0d4eab2dc0cd5b5565987.jpg

fcd14959e330ebf48cf18c9e502969c8.jpg

dc2944f200702cc020492b31684e0d50.jpg

It was pretty good but certainly not the best Princess cruise I've been on. Despite terrible weather forecast everyday the only rainy day was Ketchikan where tours were canceled. Glacier Bay was amazing with clouds in AM then sunny in the afternoon. Don't obsessively check the weather because it changes instantly. The White Pass train in Skagway was really special because of the snow on the ground. The top 3rd of the route was a total whiteout making the views even more spectacular.

What could have made it better? Leaving June 30 for Alaska , first time to Alaska , 4th cruise of Princess . I’m a Caribbean cruiser ... love the

sun and warm weather !

There needs to be better communication and organization. Each port day there was chaos getting on/off. I don’t know if it was because it was the first sailing of season or what. They never made announcements of where/when to disembark. MDR service was slow, the couple times we went we ended up leaving before dessert. This was our 6th Princess Cruise and have 2 more booked and about to book a 3rd. We had a good time and no regrets. The ship was in good condition. I think the crew needs to get it together a bit. Oh and we had a cabin steward change midway through but it was too late because me and adjoining cabins were already starting to get sick [emoji855]

Thanks, Anthony. Great advice on glacier bay and I love the pics. Where did you get the nps passport book? On the ship?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

I purchased mine on Amazon awhile back but the Ranger station table had them and other things for sale. I don't know the price. They had slips of paper you could stamp for those that forgot or didn't have a book. Klondike Gold Rush NM had a stamp as well at the HQ/museum in Skagway.