QM2 Verandah Lunch Menu

LB_NJ

Anyone have a copy of the lunch menu from QM2 Verandah and are they open on embarkation day. In Britannia and we are seeing if there are any alternatives to the buffet which I hear is crazy.

I usually visit Verandah once per voyage even though travelling Queens Grill for the different style of food and service and I like it very much.

I agree its quite expensive, but certainly not " no better than MDRr food". I always see familliar faces from the Grill there.

and I liked Todd English...

Other lunch alternatives: The pub (pub food only, but quite good), room service, a hamburger grill on one of the upper decks, and nibbles in Capathia (sp.?) Lounge. I avoid the King's Chaos buffet unless absolutely desperate.

We found the Verandah lunch nice, but we were guests of our TA and did not have to pay the high cost. Make sure you don't sit along the wall that borders the kitchen as it can be very noisy.

Choices on embarkation day are limited, the Golden Lion may be serving lunch (it does on QV but reports are mixed about QM2).

We usually make our only visit of the Cruise to Kings Court on embarkation day, it's always been fine.

Love that you call it King's Chaos!!!!! Perfect description.

Wish that I could be more generous. Oh well, I will try. Since the re-mastering, the chaos has certainly diminished as the traffic flow is improved and at times there are more staff to assist with delivery of beverages.

Okay, that's about it. It's still chaotic. And it still has an atmosphere of desperation, as though the food will run out. And maybe it should, since it's just not very good. My favorite example is the array of hamburgers and hot dogs pre-prepared sitting under heat lamps allowing the grease to permeate the buns. Ewww. High school cafeteria. And just like the Princess ship we just left. NOT luxury cruising.

LB_NJ , The 'MDR' is always open on port days or embarkations days when the ship (QM2) is on 'Cruise' itinerary' ( as are the vista class ships Q.E/Q.Vic)

The Britannia dining room is not open ex 'Southampton or NY' on embarkation days ( QM2) Often this restaurant is used for 'day visitors', industry agents or promotional events from shore side.

Grill guest's use their respective restaurants , Britannia/Britannia club use the Kings Court/Lido or the pub or the Carinthia Lounge ( QM2)

There are plenty of open venues on embarkation days to eat. You wont starve.

I was on a Princess ship and at least they opened one of the MDRs for lunch on embarkation.

I was on the HAL Koningsdam maiden voyage the other year. ( 20 days) The MDR was never opened during any port days. Only ever opened once ( in 19 days) to entertain the HAL mariner loyalty club guest's for a lunch . Big deal.