News from Regent

captjohn

Record day but Regent Suite is still available for maiden/inaugural voyage and also Miami - New York. It seems to me that initial voyages on Explorer had sold out in first ten days; Splendor after ten days still has plenty of availability.

Marc

Maybe people decided not to pay top dollar to QA the rooms and other areas that may not be ready for them this time. I seem to remember lots of whistling door issues!

I was on the Explorer last month (March 2018) and there are still whistling door issues.

J

I was on the Explorer last month (March 2018) and there are still whistling door issues.

J

I suspect that this will not be an issue on Splendor and also assume that most issues on the Explorer will work well on Splendor.

I suspect that this will not be an issue on Splendor and also assume that most issues on the Explorer will work well on Splendor.

I think by now Explorer shouldn't be having issue like the doors. That should have been fixed long ago.

It is very possible that the ship cannot be sailing with passengers when they tfix the seals/doors as it may be a bigger project than we think. I know Regent could not replace sink/floor tiles on their ships while the ship had passengers as the noise would have been overwhelming and there was not enough time to do it at dry dock. It seems (based on our Voyager cruise earlier this month) that they replaced the tiles that were in most need during dry dock.

These are simply challenges that all cruise lines face and I read about this on other boards as well. I did hear that the sound issue was fixed in Miami after the maiden transatlantic cruise that we were on. The Explorer had all of the materials on board but they likely could not fix it (taking out ceilings, etc.) with a full ship of passengers. Note: They had extra time in Miami as there was a short cruise for TA's, the media, etc. before the next voyage.

Record day indeed - our 14 March 2020 Splendor cruise LA to Miami is now showing W/L from Regent Suite down to PHB and in the lowest two categories as well... I suspect it will be W/L throughout in another couple of weeks.

It is amazing how much more popular that cruise is than the almost identical one that goes the other direction. Agree that it will likely be completely waitlisted soon and will probably remain that way until it gets close to final payment when a few suites will become available.

I am amazed that so many would want to book a cruise in two years time on a ship that is not yet fully built. Presumably they, even Brits, can cancel without any loss.

In the U.S., there is a cancellation fee but when you book another cruise you receive a credit for that amount.

We did not book this very popular cruise. Originally the cruise was slated to be on Explorer. Regent decided to change the cruise from Explorer to the Splendor (no complaints from any of us). It was a simple transfer - no price increase and we were able to get the same suite the we had booked on Explorer. We like to book far in advance (onboard to get a price guarantee) to insure that we can get the suite category that we want.

In the U.S., there is a cancellation fee but when you book another cruise you receive a credit for that amount.

We did not book this very popular cruise. Originally the cruise was slated to be on Explorer. Regent decided to change the cruise from Explorer to the Splendor (no complaints from any of us). It was a simple transfer - no price increase and we were able to get the same suite the we had booked on Explorer. We like to book far in advance (onboard to get a price guarantee) to insure that we can get the suite category that we want.

Same for us - except we were to have been on the Explorer Miami to LA cruise - the one before Jackie's. When the boat was switched we told our TA if she could get us a certain suite on the LA to Miami sailing we would love to be with Jackie and Dennis and the others...and here we are!

TA has now informed us that our deposit on this sailing is totally non-ref. Offered to move us to any other Explorer sailing if we wished to have a refundable deposit. Since we have excellent cancellation insurance, really really want that particular suite AND the itinerary I said no thanks! We stay where we are on the Splendour.