Do both adults have to buy the drink package?

The last RCI ship I sailed on, only one adult had to buy the drink package. Do all RCI ships require all adults to buy the drink package now? My wife doesn’t drink, are there any exceptions?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The last RCI ship I sailed on, only one adult had to buy the drink package. Do all RCI ships require all adults to buy the drink package now? My wife doesn’t drink, are there any exceptions?

If you call, they will let you get by with your wife buying the lower cost Refreshment package.

If there is a medical reason, call RCCL and explain the situation. I take three medications which state "do not consume alcohol when taking this medication" I explained this to a representative and they allowed me to purchase all-inclusive drink package for my wife, while I purchased the soda package.

Sailing HOTS December 30

So, both have to buy SOME sort of package....and if that's the case, and the non-drinker wouldn't use the soda package, it's cheaper to just pay for drinks as you go....anything can be purchased without a package!

So, both have to buy SOME sort of package....and if that's the case, and the non-drinker wouldn't use the soda package, it's cheaper to just pay for drinks as you go....anything can be purchased without a package!

If you would not consume soda, don't buy either package. Better/cheaper just to pay for what you actually would order.

MARAPRINCE

Whether it is mathematically worth buying a deluxe/refreshment combo or deluxe/soda (news to me) combo still depends on how much the person with the deluxe package consumes - even if the 2nd package is never used.

The retail cost of only the alcoholic drinks I had on a cruise was much more than the total cost of our deluxe/refreshment combo that we got on sale. Add in the specialty coffee/teas I tried, lots of bottled water (didn't think to keep track of number - at least 4/day) plus lots of diet vanilla root beer (with and without added booze) from the Coke machines and I was shocked at difference in cost.

Would I have ordered the same quantity of drinks had I had to pay a la carte? No - I would never have ordered the specialty coffee drinks. I do not drink coffee in my regular life and am too cheap to order something from Dunkin at home just to try it. Covered under a package, I had no trouble throwing the coffee drinks out. I also had various spirits that I don't normally drink at home/had never tried. I don't waste alcohol - so those I didn't really like were treated like shots - downed and then I moved on.

Even though it is true that any drink on board can be purchased without a package, it is NOT always cheaper or better to forgo a package. There have been plenty of posts with the average cost of different types of beverages on board and even an Excel spread sheet in another thread to help with the math to calculate the "worth" of a package.

OP - only you can honestly answer what and how much you are likely to drink on a cruise. Have a fantastic trip with or without a little umbrella in your glass!

I called today to ask the same question. DH drinks zero alcohol. The rep was willing to give me one deluxe package if I purchased the refreshment package for DH. However, DH drinks zero soda too. I asked if I could buy the refreshment package for my child instead, and get DH nothing, but they would not allow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you would not consume soda, don't buy either package. Better/cheaper just to pay for what you actually would order.

MARAPRINCE

That's exactly what he said and you quoted him. :confused: