Park Guell

MaiTaiMary

What is there to do here? Just nice views and architecture? Is it very big? How long should we expect to stay here? Are there places to eat inside the park area?

Thank you. We had planned on going, but since it's a public park I figured it was free. Debating now whether or not we want to spend the money here or someplace else in Barcelona.

Thanks.

There are a couple of places just outside the park to eat. A couple of hours should do the trick. Whether it is worth it to you depends on you. Here is a link to some pictures to help you decide. I will say that it is one of the two places that we would go to on each trip to Barcelona (the other being Sagrada Fam.)

https://markandkareneurope2012.shutterfly.com/pictures/306

... and if you take bus #24 in Plaça Catalunya -top of Les Rambles- you can stop at the East gate of the park (by the bus parking lot)... a mere 200 yards from the park with no hills :)

From the stop of Vallcarca, this is what you'll encounter https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NJHANogF8a4/UVH20F_bbzI/AAAAAAAAEUU/i7a6t5uRi1c/s1600/4.jpg and notice there are escalators only in some stretches of the hill. For extra info, did you know this street is called "Baixada de la Glòria" -Catalan, the local language- for "descent from glory"? Boy, it is if you're on top but not when you're at the bottom going up!

Edited by EnricM