Are children eligible for the different levels of the Castaway Club?

PrincessCatarina

I reviewed eligibility rules but did not see anything about whether or not a child cruiser has to be 18 or 21 years of age prior to getting Castaway Club recognition or if they are stuck on the blue basic level no matter how much they cruise? Many other loyalty programs have this restriction so just wondering and trying to manage expectations. My daughter is hoping for a silver KTTW card on her second voyage!

I reviewed eligibility rules but did not see anything about whether or not a child cruiser has to be 18 or 21 years of age prior to getting Castaway Club recognition or if they are stuck on the blue basic level no matter how much they cruise? Many other loyalty programs have this restriction so just wondering and trying to manage expectations. My daughter is hoping for a silver KTTW card on her second voyage!

Yes! My daughter is 9 years old and has platinum status.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no such thing as a silver KTTW card. She will get a silver lanyard for her card though.

Everyone earns "status" on DCL from their very first cruise. There is no age restriction to CC status. This is totally different than some other lines where loyalty status applies only to adults.

There are some perks that are age dependent. For instance, platinum status gets a meal a Palo for each adult in the cabin. Since Palo is an adult only location, you must be 18 or older to take advantage of this perk.

There is no such thing as a silver KTTW card. She will get a silver lanyard for her card though.

Everyone earns "status" on DCL from their very first cruise. There is no age restriction to CC status. This is totally different than some other lines where loyalty status applies only to adults.

There are some perks that are age dependent. For instance' date=' platinum status gets a meal a Palo for each adult in the cabin. Since Palo is an adult only location, you must be 18 or older to take advantage of this perk.[/quote']

Regarding Palo, this is true, however, if the minor is the only platinum person in the cabin with other people who are adults, they DO get to take advantage of the Palo perk because of her. Same goes for the sparking wine in the cabin as the welcome aboard gift. We are doing this in December so I have confirmed the info with DCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, children are eligible for castaway status, but she won't get a silver key to the world card, only a silver landyard if you are in a regular stateroom.

So the key card color does not change at all after the first cruise - in general, is there only distinction for passengers travelling in concierge class? The main thing is of course that the cruising counts towards status.

That is right. KTTW cards are all the same (except concierge). The lanyards are different depending on your level.

Hmmm....has this changed? It used to be that there were white Donald keys for first timers and blue/gray Goofy keys for repeat cruisers, as well as the gold keys for concierge level.

Other than the white for first timers, the key color didn't change whether it was your second or 22nd cruise.

Yes, the lanyard colors reflect your CC level.

You might be thinking of Princess where the key cards change with the loyalty level.

Hmmm....has this changed? It used to be that there were white Donald keys for first timers and blue/gray Goofy keys for repeat cruisers' date=' as well as the gold keys for concierge level.[/quote']

The design of the KTTW has changed since at least 2013. It briefly changed to a picture of Captain Mickey on a light blue background with a stripe across the top (my very first KTTW - Dec 2013 - uses this design), and then it slightly changed again in mid-to-late 2014 where the top stripe was replaced with a stripe down the left-hand side (my Nov 2014 and all subsequent KTTWs use this design).

Indeed I just did a Google Image search, and I can find the Donald KTTW with dates up to 2012, but nothing since. I do have to say, I think that Donald graphic is hideous :D