Haven Owners Suite on the Gem.

bobg529

Has anyone stayed in one of the Haven Owners Suites on the Gem? Could you give me your impression? The decor seems a bit over the top, but maybe it's changed since the you tube videos I watched. I have one booked for an 11 day out of NYC in 2018, but I'm wondering if we wouldn't be better off sailing on the Getaway out of Miami for 7 days and stay in South Beach for 4 days prior to the cruise. I can get a Haven Spa Suite on the Getaway for less than half of that cabin on the Gem, and it would come with Spa passes for both of us. However I nabbed $300 onboard credit on the Gem sailing which I'd lose if I change the booking to a lesser class. I know, first world problems.:rolleyes: Please let me know what you think, it's got me stumped!:confused:

I sailed in 9504 back in 2012. I honestly didn't mind the decor. I considered it to be whimsical. And I like the color purple anyway!

I loved having 2 balconies. We would go out on the front balcony as we were pulling into ports and used the side balcony several times a day. In davt my husband was able to see my daughter and I on our frint balcony while coming into Port Canaveral on the port cam.

Having a separate living room and bedroom was nice as my daughter was in bed with a migraine several times. Two bathrooms was a plus too!.

Owners suite comes with 3 bottles of liquor, and unlimited sodas and bottled water.

I'd keep the OS and enjoy it.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Have not stayed in the OS, but the DOS. Carpeting, drapes, bedding, coffee maker all updated in 2015 dry dock. I believe that the rooms are getting further updates soon. I agree the pics look guady, but the new neutral carpets help subdue that, and if they do renovate the rooms further, you won't have anything to worry about. Go and enjoy. Gem is one of my favorites. :)

Not sure - we met a couple staying in one a few weeks back and I never asked. They didn't have any issues though, generically speaking. Checking all the CDP pics and I don't see any with new carpet but I didn't study the dates either. Those rooms are very nice though.

As PP stated, the DOS were redone.

Thanks for the video. So based on that, they half a****** a redo on those rooms. New carpet, one of those new "leather" couches. Pretty much all else is the same including the drapes. Same chairs.

ETA - they could have updated some things since April though as changing drapes would be pretty easy as well as chairs.

Edited by dexddd