Taking the Train from the Port of Tilbury to London for the Day

My husband and I will be on the Crystal Symphony overnight in Tilbury. We would like to take the train into London for the day. Tilbury Town Station is located about one mile from the cruise terminal. Will the ship or the port provide a shuttle to either the Tilbury Train Station or within walking distance to the train station?

Thanks for your help.

Shelley

Hopefully someone will come on who has done it, but research suggests that many people take a taxi or walk. There is also a suggestion of a free shuttle bus between the station and the Gravesend Ferry, apparently adjacent to the cruise terminal. How the times work out I don't know.

There is also a suggestion of a free shuttle bus between the station and the Gravesend Ferry, apparently adjacent to the cruise terminal. How the times work out I don't know.
I think the bus between Tilbury Riverside (near the cruise terminal) and Tilbury Town (the actual railway station) is about once every 30 minutes. More information from ojp.nationalrail.co.uk.

Thanks for your replies. It looks like we will have to take a taxi or walk - whichever will get us to the train most quickly. If anyone has any other suggestions, please share them with me.

Thanks,

Shelley

Far too far to walk - as has been said there is a bus to Tilbury Town station and the bus stop is situated in front of the Cruise Terminal to the right. It used to be a small white bus and it cost a pound each way a couple of years ago but I have heard since that if you have a rail ticket then the journey was free but not sure about this.

You get dropped at the railway station from where you need to ask for Fenchurch Street station. This is ideal for the Tower of London, Tower Bridge and St Katharine Docks area and also is near the Hoho bus stop if you wish to use the Tourist buses. If you wish to use the red London Buses you will find an Oyster card useful. Your journey back to Tilbury Town station will be from Fenchurch Street but check timings of the small 'shuttle bus' as I'm not sure how late they run if you anticipate a late return from the city. It would be handy if your cruise line would provide a shuttle either to the station or even into London but don't bank on it.