Question about Drinks in Haven on Jade

jewliana

We have done the Haven on the Escape and Getaway and thought that there was always a Bar area for Haven guests. I have looked at the deck plans and dont see anything? Is there bar service in the Haven area either at the Courtyard or Sun Decks? Thanks in advance!

The haven on the Jewel class ships is much much much smaller than on the -away and -away+ ships. No bar, lounge, concierge desk, restaurant. You get a small courtyard area with hot tub and a pool. There is a butler assigned to the courtyard, so you can get a drink or food delivered there, but there is not dedicated space for non pool type lounging.

We have done the Haven on the Escape and Getaway and thought that there was always a Bar area for Haven guests. I have looked at the deck plans and dont see anything? Is there bar service in the Haven area either at the Courtyard or Sun Decks? Thanks in advance!

I just got off the pearl, in haven... and drink service was available in the courtyard from 7-10 am, then he had a break, then 12-2, and occasionally later in the afternoon, but not often. You can go down the stairs leaving the haven and the mojito bar is right there... honestly as much as I wanted a bar and restaurant in the haven, we don’t think we missed out on anything. One interesting item is that I have always been a huge “dinner in the dining room or specialty restaurant person.”

In fact all meals in the dining room. Kept that up for about 36 hours in the haven (went to modernos for the haven breakfast and lunch), then after that we were ordering in room dining WHICH WE LOVED AND DIDNT EXPECT TO!!!

Take advantage of this amazing perk, and we wrote about anything we wanted on the door hangers to order and received it all. One big example, I am a chai tea latte lover, and you have to pay for it on the ship. I would write “pot of chai” on the hanger, and I would get the best tea I’ve ever had on a ship with all the 1/2 and 1/2 I could dream off to “latte it up.” In the end I spent NO money on tea onboard thanks to the amazing butlers...

And I know this has been mentioned a million times, but I would read these threads and wonder how people tip so much in the haven. After a week we went to the atm and pulled even more than we planned BASED ON THE SERVICE, which was phenomenal.

A few hundred for the main butler, 100 for the night butler (who gave us 3 am white glove dining service), our steward, the courtyard butler , and the concierge. I think we were at 550 in extra tips when we walked off, and again, it was appropriate. This is an expense I will have to factor in to future haven stays as I can’t imagine anyone so uncouth that they would avoid this aspect...

Enjoy!!!!

I just got off the pearl, in haven... and drink service was available in the courtyard from 7-10 am, then he had a break, then 12-2, and occasionally later in the afternoon, but not often. You can go down the stairs leaving the haven and the mojito bar is right there... honestly as much as I wanted a bar and restaurant in the haven, we don’t think we missed out on anything. One interesting item is that I have always been a huge “dinner in the dining room or specialty restaurant person.”

In fact all meals in the dining room. Kept that up for about 36 hours in the haven (went to modernos for the haven breakfast and lunch), then after that we were ordering in room dining WHICH WE LOVED AND DIDNT EXPECT TO!!!

Take advantage of this amazing perk, and we wrote about anything we wanted on the door hangers to order and received it all. One big example, I am a chai tea latte lover, and you have to pay for it on the ship. I would write “pot of chai” on the hanger, and I would get the best tea I’ve ever had on a ship with all the 1/2 and 1/2 I could dream off to “latte it up.” In the end I spent NO money on tea onboard thanks to the amazing butlers...

And I know this has been mentioned a million times, but I would read these threads and wonder how people tip so much in the haven. After a week we went to the atm and pulled even more than we planned BASED ON THE SERVICE, which was phenomenal.

A few hundred for the main butler, 100 for the night butler (who gave us 3 am white glove dining service), our steward, the courtyard butler , and the concierge. I think we were at 550 in extra tips when we walked off, and again, it was appropriate. This is an expense I will have to factor in to future haven stays as I can’t imagine anyone so uncouth that they would avoid this aspect...

Enjoy!!!!

Thanks for the info! As i understand our dinner dining is to be specialty each night and we love Cagneys. Can we get Cagneys delivered to our room or just from the MDR menu? Thanks again for taking time to give such good info!

Thanks for the info! As i understand our dinner dining is to be specialty each night and we love Cagneys. Can we get Cagneys delivered to our room or just from the MDR menu? Thanks again for taking time to give such good info!

Yes Carney’s can be delivered to the cabin. Per our butler, if we were ordering from a specialty he needed that ASAP, vs anything from mdr or suite room service menu needed much much less notice. We even forgot to preplan a few meals and we were accommodated. Our first la cucina in the restaurant, didn’t care for the witchy waitress, second la cucina in the cabin (yes it was hot and tasted as if it just came from the kitchen).

In fact all our suite meals seemed to be a much higher quality with a better cook on it. We were really surprised at the different quality of food, may be the same item, but it was always better than the mdr (why we suggest the in cabin dining, then the butler controls the food quality).

One other great option is eating in the courtyard during the Butler’s hours, we really enjoyed lounging poolside and then having our lunch delivered to the courtyard, the “courtyard Butler” is just as good as the cabin steward bc we were told they rotate duties weekly amongst themselves.

One last note, we had some really rocky seas a few days , and the last sea day the main pool was closed . We only knew this from chit chat on the ship. We were enjoying the waves and lounging in the courtyard with no interruption in amenities or services, and our pool was open and was like being in a small wave pool!!!

(Insert evil laugh here)

[emoji6]

The haven on the Jewel class ships is much much much smaller than on the -away and -away+ ships. No bar, lounge, concierge desk, restaurant. You get a small courtyard area with hot tub and a pool. There is a butler assigned to the courtyard, so you can get a drink or food delivered there, but there is not dedicated space for non pool type lounging.

That last part is not quite right. On the Jewel ships there is a huge sundeck with various loungers depending on which ship you are on. The sundeck is above all of the port-side suites and is accessed via stairs out of the courtyard. It virtually doubles the lounging area and at least on the Jade, after the last drydock, there are some large covered double loungers.

Agreed, the Courtyard Butler will serve drinks for you on the sundeck as well, so apart from the ability to lean on a bar counter, the liquid intake can be achieved much the same as if there were a bar. You can of course get lunch brought up from Cagney's/Moderno or even one of the main dining rooms if you want to stay up there, so it can also serve as a lunchtime Haven restaurant, particularly on port days when is is warm and sunny. Obviously, these alternatives are nowhere near as good as a dedicated Haven Restaurant in the evening nor for any meals when the sundeck is not comfortable in bad weather or on sea days, but is is a great peaceful extra facility nevertheless.

Because the sundeck is at the top of the ship, you get complete outside views over the port-side rails and to the stern - a great spot for sail-aways and port gazing while docked - it is a superb outside view facility that I don't recall having on the the Away or Epic ships when I was on them. The downside is that because it is open to the sky it is often way too cold and windy when the ship is underway, but then you have the choice of a potentially covered lounge area in the courtyard (unlike the topless Getaway Haven Courtyard that is pretty near worthless when it rains or blows cold... )