Disembarkation in Rome, time frame

NSAHO79

Thanks for all the comments. I had confidence to go ahead and book the 10:25 AM flight. What time should I request a private driver to pick us up?

It's whatever you are comfortable with. There is a huge difference between 11.55 and 10.25, so just keep that in mind when reserving your private shuttle. If you're travelling in peak season i.e. July and August, I'd disembark as early as possible. We have sat for lengthy periods in traffic on the way back to FCO.

As I stated above, it's whatever YOU are comfortable with and no matter what is quoted here on CC, only you know that now you've booked the early flight, you won't be stressing about making that connection all through your vacation.

Hope it works out for you :).

Thank you for the well wishes. We are traveling in November so it should be "low" season. We are also leaving Saturday morning so hopefully the traffic will be a breeze, especially that early in the morning. We are planning to do carry ons only so that may save time by skipping ticket counter (our recent trip to Greece, the line was lllooonnnggg but since we only did carry ons, we went through everything in literally 15 minutes). Does FCO have mobile boarding passes? We tried the mobile boarding pass in Athens only to have them sit us in a corner near the gate until an American airlines employee arrived to print us off a paper boarding pass.

Yes, we maybe chancing it but I do feel like we will make it easily assuming we can get to the airport around 8 AM.

Thank you for the well wishes. We are traveling in November so it should be "low" season. We are also leaving Saturday morning so hopefully the traffic will be a breeze, especially that early in the morning. We are planning to do carry ons only so that may save time by skipping ticket counter (our recent trip to Greece, the line was lllooonnnggg but since we only did carry ons, we went through everything in literally 15 minutes). Does FCO have mobile boarding passes? We tried the mobile boarding pass in Athens only to have them sit us in a corner near the gate until an American airlines employee arrived to print us off a paper boarding pass.

Yes, we maybe chancing it but I do feel like we will make it easily assuming we can get to the airport around 8 AM.

No, you will need to go to the counter and get a printed boarding pass.

• 5 months later...

How did your transportation work out. We have a 11:15 flight from FCO back to the states in Oct 2018 and am trying to figure out how this is going to work out. Our flights were purchased through Choice Air so I figured 11:15 is very doable.

We have already decided to hire a private service that can pick us up at the ship and do self disembarkation as soon as we can get off the ship.

Thanks in advance.

We disembarked from the Reflection last month on a Friday, October 20, and had made arrangements for a private driver to pick us up at the ship at 7:00 am. We took our luggage of the ship with us. We were at the airport before 8:00 am, and had no problems making a 11:15 am flight on Delta back to the states. Once we arrived at the airport, it took us about 45 minutes to check in, go through the security and passport controls, and walk to the gate.

We disembarked from the Reflection last month on a Friday, October 20, and had made arrangements for a private driver to pick us up at the ship at 7:00 am. We took our luggage of the ship with us. We were at the airport before 8:00 am, and had no problems making a 11:15 am flight on Delta back to the states. Once we arrived at the airport, it took us about 45 minutes to check in, go through the security and passport controls, and walk to the gate.

Thanks so much for you feedback of your recent trip. That helps lots.

Could you tell me who you used for private transfer please?

We were on that cruise too and opted to leave our bags out the night before. We had a 10:50 AM FCO-LGW flight. Our bags were waiting when we exited the ship at 7:15 for a 7:30 private transfer. Driver was 15 minutes late but we were at the airport in an hour.

Ironically, friends of ours booked the same transfer service for their group of 8 with a 7:30 pickup time and their driver was awaiting them at 7:15!

How did your transportation work out. We have a 11:15 flight from FCO back to the states in Oct 2018 and am trying to figure out how this is going to work out. Our flights were purchased through Choice Air so I figured 11:15 is very doable.

We have already decided to hire a private service that can pick us up at the ship and do self disembarkation as soon as we can get off the ship.

Thanks in advance.

We booked the driver for 6:30, we were off the boat and to the driver probably around 6:45, and made it to the airport approx 7:35. It was a long walk from the airline counter to the gate but we made it with well over an hour to spare. You shouldn't have a problem making the flight.