Anthem and Noro - sailing today?

Ughhh...Booked Thanksgiving week for 2018, hoping there wouldn't be so many kids...I guess that was wishful thinking on my part! Really liked the 8 night deal. Hmmmm....what to do...what to do...?

Thanksgiving is always popular for families from any port.

Good part is... many people are with kids, so they stay in outside or indoor pool, while Solarium has enough available loungers.

We sailed on Anthem in May of 2016 when schools were in session and most of pax were couples... It was very difficult to find any loungers in Solarium. Almost impossible.

Small, not a nice change. Solarium is now open only till 7 pm. :(

Good part is... many people are with kids, so they stay in outside or indoor pool, while Solarium has enough available loungers.

We sailed on Anthem in May of 2016 when schools were in session and most of pax were couples... It was very difficult to find any loungers in Solarium. Almost impossible.

Is it only the pools that are only closed at 7? You need to go through the Solarium to get to Solarium Bistro for dinner.

Well, I guess that is looking at the glass as half full! And I will admit, even on my 11/11 Anthem cruise (after Jersey week was over but before Thanksgiving week), twice I got on the elevator to go from Deck 3 to Deck 11 (or maybe higher) and ALL OF THE BUTTONS were pressed. Would like to have booked the week before, but the itinerary is Bermuda, which just doesn't do it for me.

You could serve yourself the flavored waters, ice water and coffee in the WJ last week too, but you weren't allowed to serve yourself at the freestyle machines, an officer was working each one of those machines.

Reallyitsmema, remember when you so kindly checked my cabin door to see if it had the yellow “GI” sticker on it last week? We had a good week in that cabin and now it is time to move two doors away to our consecutive cabin, a JS as well. Well, it has a yellow sticker on it. :mad: We talked with our steward and he confirmed it was GI cabin. We went to guest services to request another cabin. It’s still too early, the ship hasn’t cleared and GS can’t even access our 11/25 account to leave a note.

I know we can’t be sure if the cabin we had this week was an unreported GI cabin and we were still okay. We’re just concerned and frustrated at not being able to have answers yet. Also, we realize these ships sail full and they probably won’t be able to find a spare JS (or better).

Remember, I’ve had Noro before, I really don’t want it again. Here’s hoping. Washy washy washy.

Reallyitsmema, remember when you so kindly checked my cabin door to see if it had the yellow “GI” sticker on it last week? We had a good week in that cabin and now it is time to move two doors away to our consecutive cabin, a JS as well. Well, it has a yellow sticker on it. :mad: We talked with our steward and he confirmed it was GI cabin. We went to guest services to request another cabin. It’s still too early, the ship hasn’t cleared and GS can’t even access our 11/25 account to leave a note.

I know we can’t be sure if the cabin we had this week was an unreported GI cabin and we were still okay. We’re just concerned and frustrated at not being able to have answers yet. Also, we realize these ships sail full and they probably won’t be able to find a spare JS (or better).

Remember, I’ve had Noro before, I really don’t want it again. Here’s hoping. Washy washy washy.

Oh no, I hope they are able to accommodate you in another cabin. They will wash the walls and fog the cabin today when it is vacated but I totally understand your concern. I have no idea how long it takes for that fog to kill the virus on soft surfaces. I know when we saw our cabin steward cleaning one of the noro cabins in our area, he had a supervisor overseeing the whole process.

Stay healthy and I hope they find you a different cabin.:)

Got back today. No Noro for my group of 4. Didn't seem like there were a lot of sick people either. Delayed boarding of 1 PM still had us on the boat at 11:30 but rooms took till 2:30/3. Delayed muster but not by much. Cleaning was happening everywhere, all the time. Lots of wet, wet surfaces and hand washing and sani enforcment. Had to do both. Was happy to comply. Lots of times all elevator buttons were pressed from being cleaned. No fruit anywhere the first few days. Limes appeared about halfway through. Freestyles and water, coffee, tea, juice self service was all still self service. Ice cream on deck was manned though and hand washing was required. Didn't have smell or breathing issues but I'm not really sensitive. Did notice a lot of kids not properly washing and definitely touching stuff in Windjammer. Like, a lot. Just avoided the kiddie foods. I'm talking to you chocolate chips by the waffles. Honestly, I saw fingers digging in pretty much all of those bowls. Buffet staff were replacing tongs very frequently and tables were cleared very quickly. I wouldn't worry too much for future sailings. It seemed like things were much improved over the prior two cruises.

Hello everyone. I am Leslie and we are a family of 4 (daughter 12 and son 10) from Canada. It will be our third cruise on the Anthem. It is our second favourite ship after Harmony! Two more weeks to go!! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the M&M!!! [emoji8]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Forgot to mention, we will be heading to Universal at Port Canaveral. We have rented a car which only costs less than USD$30 for the day. Just need a little extra time in the morning to pick up the car and return it at night and then Uber back to the ship. That’s the best cost saving option that I can find so far. Parking at Universal will be $20 for the day.

Just learned through a friend of the family that a family of 4 they know who sailed on Anthem on 10/28 also all came down with Noro but didn't think about reporting to the doctor on board since they were too busy being sick! So how do you really know how many passengers were sick????? :(:loudcry::(

They vowed to never sail on Anthem again.......

MARAPRINCE

Hello everyone. I am Leslie and we are a family of 4 (daughter 12 and son 10) from Canada. It will be our third cruise on the Anthem. It is our second favourite ship after Harmony! Two more weeks to go!! Looking forward to seeing everyone at the M&M!!! [emoji8]

I think you meant to put this in the Roll call for this cruise (I'm assuming Dec 14th, we are on that cruise too!) The roll call for this is here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2450014

We have a 12yo daughter and 10yo son as well ;)

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Just learned through a friend of the family that a family of 4 they know who sailed on Anthem on 10/28 also all came down with Noro but didn't think about reporting to the doctor on board since they were too busy being sick! So how do you really know how many passengers were sick????? :(:loudcry::(

They vowed to never sail on Anthem again.......

MARAPRINCE

Eh, I don’t understand their logic...

What does Anthem have to do with strange decisions of some passengers?

I think you meant to put this in the Roll call for this cruise (I'm assuming Dec 14th, we are on that cruise too!) The roll call for this is here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2450014

We have a 12yo daughter and 10yo son as well ;)

-Sean

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Thanks, Sean. I just reposted in the Roll Call post. I am still new in CC. 🤣 Looking forward to meeting you all in 2 weeks!!

I think they should hand out surgical gloves instead of that unworkable washy washy stuff.;p