RCCL Crown and Anchor

No D+ free bag of laundry? We had it on Freedom TA? Also BOGO JRs.

Sadly we are just D. need another 2 TA"S to reach your level. I figure we just need to spend another $6000.00 on balcony cabins and we will earn our $35.00 free laundry bag. Blue sky"s of D+ are just a few years away.. We will be with you on the 2018 Symphony TA. happy cruising

Only for the milkshake. Remember, the cover charge used to be bogo. I'm sure that's what the poster was referring to

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Actually, there used to be a coupon for a free visit to JR's years ago. The first time we cruised RCI, it was free. Then they started giving one coupon per person. I think everyone (even gold) got them. We were never fans - I think we only went 2-3 times ever - and used to give ours away.

Only for the milkshake. Remember, the cover charge used to be bogo. I'm sure that's what the poster was referring to

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Oh, I forgot that was a Liberty thing. When we board, they have a table in the promenade and ANYONE can get a BOGO to use on boarding day. We eat lunch there (not all are open for lunch, but Liberty’s is. We don’t miss the crowded windjammer, and generally have a salad, onion rings, and dessert. The last time I used it was late August this year on embark day.

Sadly we are just D. need another 2 TA"S to reach your level. I figure we just need to spend another $6000.00 on balcony cabins and we will earn our $35.00 free laundry bag. Blue sky"s of D+ are just a few years away.. We will be with you on the 2018 Symphony TA. happy cruising

When you said no laundry bag, I assumed you were D+. D+ for us just happened along the way as we cruised. We aren’t gunning for Pinnacle, just book cruises we both want to go on, and whatever happens with points, happens. We aren’t gunning for Pineapple. Took a really long time to advance this far, and we are glad for the perks we are given.

Yes, see you on SY TA in October!

Diamonddaver...you failed to mention whether or not you enjoyed your onboard diamond perks? As a first time diamond member (according to you) what perks (or as you call them rewards) is RC slowly eliminating ands taken away that you personally have experienced before as a non diamond member? :confused:

We have been Diamond members for several years. My point is that services, perks, quality of food, disruption of paid for in advance specialty dining, not allowing Diamond + passengers in the C lounge show that when cruisers are repeat clients and show loyalty to the line it is expected that the cruise line showoyalth to their guests.

Sent from my VS995 using Forums mobile app

Whooa! Lucky you. We were on the lovely Jewel last TA in November and although we're D+ and were in a suite, our traveling companions were only D so we usually went to the D lounge with them. We would have been thrilled if the Safari Lounge had been turned into the D lounge for that TA!! One of our favorite places on the ship and so under-utilized. That was an excellent choice of venues for all of you.

To the OP: you are granted perks as a Diamond and most of us feel pretty special with our perks knowing that less frequently traveled cruisers don't enjoy them and won't, until they reach that status. I am not sure what more you expected. And in terms of service, the hardworking crew give everyone the same level of service. As well they should. ;)

I agree, we felt very fortunate in how the management tried to accommodate all the high level cruisers.

Hmmmm. 11 more nights before we become Diamond. For us, anything we get for free is a BONUS. I look back at cruises I took with Norwegian or Carnival to please others, and, if I had put my foot down, and said, we would only cruise Royal Caribbean, I would already be there!!! People should be happy they have achieved the Diamond Level. We will be!!! And again, I repeat, I love cruising and achieving a higher status that brings a few extra perks is just icing on the cake because as I say, we just love cruising!!! (there will always be complainers out there unfortunately.!)

I'm astounded that no one was offended by OP's calling cruisers that are new to RCI "just off the turnip truck".

I've sailed multiple times on most lines and now in my twilight years will probably never rise much above platinum on any of them.

I don't consider myself as ever having been on a turnip truck, as I took my first ocean voyage at the age of three months.

I have never noticed Diamond cruisers and don't envy their benefits. I really feel sorry for any of them who feel they're not getting what they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just turned diamond on the last day of my last cruise. So Monday, I will board the Independence for the first time as diamond, and I am not sure what, by this post, is supposed to make me feel more "special" than the discounts/perks that are listed on the C&A site for Diamond members?

Glad you had a nice cruise.. I cannot wait to do a TA. I LOVE sea days.

I'm astounded that no one was offended by OP's calling cruisers that are new to RCI "just off the turnip truck".

I've sailed multiple times on most lines and now in my twilight years will probably never rise much above platinum on any of them.

I don't consider myself as ever having been on a turnip truck, as I took my first ocean voyage at the age of three months.

I have never noticed Diamond cruisers and don't envy their benefits. I really feel sorry for any of them who feel they're not getting what they deserve.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I actually missed that somehow.

The thing is, the crew has no way of knowing how familiar you are with any particular thing. Even if you're Pinnacle you may have only cruised on other classes of ships and the specifics of your current ship are brand new.

It is safest for them to assume that everybody is new. If you already know what they are telling you just be polite, accept their information, and enjoy your cruise

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

We have been Diamond members for several years. My point is that services, perks, quality of food, disruption of paid for in advance specialty dining, not allowing Diamond + passengers in the C lounge show that when cruisers are repeat clients and show loyalty to the line it is expected that the cruise line showoyalth to their guests.

What was wrong with the service?

How was your specialty dining disrupted?

You said that you are D. How does a D+ situation impact you negatively?

I am going to offer a different perspective on this just to the add to the mix.

I have been a Diamond member for a long time. I don't chase perks or status and I don't see myself as special or more deserving than any other cruiser. Whatever perks available are appreciated and I make use of them if they fit in with what I want to do on the cruise.

Now here is a big but ... The Diamond loyalty is a factor when I choose who I cruise with. I have cruised with many lines but the loyalty benefits often swing things in RCL's favour. It is not the individual perks or listed benefits but the overall experience I have come to expect. The ease of boarding when you have a special line for check-in. On occasions we have also had priority debarkation. We have had the occasional loyalty gift or special treats left in the cabin. Having access to the Diamond lounge during the day when it is quiet to enjoy a coffee. The fact that the concierge can sort out your restaurant booking or hand you ice show tickets.

So I would be disappointed with a cruise if expectations set by previous experiences were not met. It is not a tangible thing. Not about a discount on a milk shake at Jonny Rockets or a free photo or evening free drinks.

We will be Diamond on our upcoming cruise. It is more than 20 years since we set foot on a Royal Caribbean ship, but we are Elite plus on Celebrity. We will not mind being treated as newbies, because we know nothing about RCI. We are looking forward to a new experience and an interesting itinerary.

I actually missed that somehow.

The thing is, the crew has no way of knowing how familiar you are with any particular thing. Even if you're Pinnacle you may have only cruised on other classes of ships and the specifics of your current ship are brand new.

It is safest for them to assume that everybody is new. If you already know what they are telling you just be polite, accept their information, and enjoy your cruise

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

This issue is not unique to cruising but happens in many aspects of life where people feel the need to show how much they know and seem offended if you try to teach them anything. Many times I will start explaining something to a patient and they will interrupt me in an attempt to show me how much they know... or think... they know. Often times they would be much better off listening and accepting the information I am attempting to provide them. They might just learn something. The same is true on a ship. No matter how many cruises you have under your belt just accept what info the crew is offering as you might just gain some knowledge and if you already know the information you haven't lost anything.

We have just 15 more points to achieve Diamond status but our last cruise experience put a halt on our pursing it. We were on a transpacific with about 25 Pinnacles and about over 1,000 Diamond and Diamond Plus. It appeared they were treated very well with different venues transformed to accommodate these large groups. The cigar lounge, for example, became the Pinnacle only lounge.

We are platinum and so had a glimpse into this world. The platinum and above captain's reception was what tipped the scales away from RCL for me. We were seated in the ice rink and after the ice performers finished, the guests had to listen to the intros for the senior staff and then sit through the ceremony where the new Pinnacle members were awarded their plaques. They all sat together and came onto the stage for the award. It occurred to me that my time was wasted as we had to sit through this event and applaud people whose only accomplishment was to be financially well off and be privileged with lots of free time to cruise.

That cruise made me realize seeking Diamond status may not be in our best interest as we typically sail only longer cruises like TAs, TPs, Panama Canal and New England cruises which attracted many Diamond and above folks. There was a lot of complaining about the crowds in the lounges and it sounded like some folks who outstrategized others as far as when to arrive and how to find the best seat for the next few hours.

I didn't witness any snobbery from any person, but other Diamond and above passengers mentioned it was pervasive in the lounges. I don't think it is snobbery for the fact that you are Diamond to slip into the conversation. I enjoy talking to these people as I learn a lot about cruising.

For someone who drinks very little and tends to book more economical cabins, I think I would not benefit much. As I look at my last seven day NCL cruise where I received five specialty dinners, free unlimited drinks, a free bag of laundry, free internet, a behind the scenes tour, concierge service, and $50 towards a shore excursion at each port, I don't see how going Diamond with RCL benefits me.

We just finished a wonderful TransAtlantic cruise aboard the Jewel of The seas. We have sailed this vessel a number of times and truely enjoy the ship size and layout. One troubling observation is the loyalty program. This was our 47th cruise, not all with RCCL, and as Diamond members we, for the first time, did not feel so special. Loyalty is a two way street and the line seems to be forgetting that as shown by slowly limiting and taking away rewards in small but significant increments to their most valued clients. Being treated as uninformed just off the turnip truck guests does not go unobserved. Many of the Diamonds and above we had the pleasure of meeting on the cruise felt the same way. Long and short, there are many fish in the sea and the competition for business continually weeds out the quality lines from the run of the mill. Hope RCCL gets the message.

Simply because we paid for it.

As you are pretty vague on the problems you have it´s not easy to really understand the problems you have so I have to stick with what information you gave.

Not that it really matters on onboard services at all, as they wouldn´t know, but having been on 47 cruises and being Diamond for years you don´t seem to be the most loyal and valuable customer for RCI. Let´s be realistic, you have been on lots of cruises, but you are not really loyal to a certain line. There´s nothing wrong with that at all, but don´t make yourself look like the most important person to the cruise line.

Honestly Diamond C&A level is kind of a mid tier these days and certainly the run of the mill. Nothing special about it at all with so many Diamond members.

BTW D+ are still aloowed in the Concierge lounge. They´ve never been booted from the Concierge lounge. Some ships don´t have a Concierge lounge, but a suite Lounge instead. It´s not a perk taken away.

You say you have to be treated special simply because you paid for it. I have to disagree here. You paid for cruises like everyone onboard and you got a cruise, one at a time. You did not pay for your Diamond level or for any perks, these came to you courtesy of RCI and C&A. It´s not part of the deal and it´s not something you paid for. Actually it´s often discussed that you can´t buy C&A points and thus on you did not pay for it.

So did you speak to GS or contact RC about services, perks, quality of food, disruption of paid for in advance specialty dining not being what you expected?

I agree with you about the Jewel.

Did you speak with the LA about not allowing Diamond + (which you aren't) passengers in the CL? Also did you speak with the LA or contact RC about when cruisers are repeat clients and show loyalty (which you don't) to RC you expected that them to show loyalty to their guests (IMO and experiences RC does)?

Edited by davekathy

We have just 15 more points to achieve Diamond status but our last cruise experience put a halt on our pursing it. We were on a transpacific with about 25 Pinnacles and about over 1,000 Diamond and Diamond Plus. It appeared they were treated very well with different venues transformed to accommodate these large groups. The cigar lounge, for example, became the Pinnacle only lounge.

We are platinum and so had a glimpse into this world. The platinum and above captain's reception was what tipped the scales away from RCL for me. We were seated in the ice rink and after the ice performers finished, the guests had to listen to the intros for the senior staff and then sit through the ceremony where the new Pinnacle members were awarded their plaques. They all sat together and came onto the stage for the award. It occurred to me that my time was wasted as we had to sit through this event and applaud people whose only accomplishment was to be financially well off and be privileged with lots of free time to cruise.

That cruise made me realize seeking Diamond status may not be in our best interest as we typically sail only longer cruises like TAs, TPs, Panama Canal and New England cruises which attracted many Diamond and above folks. There was a lot of complaining about the crowds in the lounges and it sounded like some folks who outstrategized others as far as when to arrive and how to find the best seat for the next few hours.

I didn't witness any snobbery from any person, but other Diamond and above passengers mentioned it was pervasive in the lounges. I don't think it is snobbery for the fact that you are Diamond to slip into the conversation. I enjoy talking to these people as I learn a lot about cruising.

For someone who drinks very little and tends to book more economical cabins, I think I would not benefit much. As I look at my last seven day NCL cruise where I received five specialty dinners, free unlimited drinks, a free bag of laundry, free internet, a behind the scenes tour, concierge service, and $50 towards a shore excursion at each port, I don't see how going Diamond with RCL benefits me.

It´s never a good idea to chase any status in any loyalty programm. Of course if you do the company did well in getting you to do it, but from the customers point of view it shouldn´t be the way to go.

You shoudl always buy the product which fits you best in all aspects including price. I never buy a product / book a cruise because of the loyalty programm. A loyalty programm would always be the last oint to factor into my decision, or in other words only if I´m torn between two cruises which equally would fit my needs in the way of schedule, ship, itinerary, price etc. I would take the loyalty programm into account.

I wouldn't let that effect your cruise decision. We no longer attend the receptions but do enjoy other perks.

We just finished a wonderful TransAtlantic cruise aboard the Jewel of The seas. We have sailed this vessel a number of times and truely enjoy the ship size and layout. One troubling observation is the loyalty program. This was our 47th cruise, not all with RCCL, and as Diamond members we, for the first time, did not feel so special. Loyalty is a two way street and the line seems to be forgetting that as shown by slowly limiting and taking away rewards in small but significant increments to their most valued clients. Being treated as uninformed just off the turnip truck guests does not go unobserved. Many of the Diamonds and above we had the pleasure of meeting on the cruise felt the same way. Long and short, there are many fish in the sea and the competition for business continually weeds out the quality lines from the run of the mill. Hope RCCL gets the message.

Posters keep saying this. What have they taken away specifically from D's?

RCI spent at least a million dollars to build D Clubs, and move some C Clubs. Plus you get 3 free drinks in most bars. Yes D's got kicked out of the C Clubs, but then built clubs just for them.

I really would like to know what you think I'm missing?

I can understand your frustration. It's not about wanting to feel special but you would hope the company cares about your loyalty but they dont...

We are "Diamond" now on Crystal Cruises which is like Platinum on Royal in terms of cruises taken and tier but they treat us like we are doing them a favor by sailing with them and like we are top cruisers. Thankful, super nice, etc.

The other day we saw a promo for extra 2.5% off one of our booked trips we called and it didn't apply to us because we're weren't at the right milestone level so the rep says "sorry, how about I give you $600 OBC as a thanks anyway"

That's loyalty. That's why we have 3 Crystal Cruises booked next and zero Royals.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Oh and before I get flamed, I haven't changed my sig cause I use the app. The Royal Cruises on there are all canceled.

And as for why I still Cruise the Royal Boards? The company is still special to me as it was my favorite line. But they havent help up their end of the relationship.

I'll still cruise with Royal if the price for a JS or GS is right and hope that on that sailing they will return to its glory days. But if not we will still have fun.

Oh and before I get flamed, I haven't changed my sig cause I use the app. The Royal Cruises on there are all canceled.

And as for why I still Cruise the Royal Boards? The company is still special to me as it was my favorite line. But they havent help up their end of the relationship.

I'll still cruise with Royal if the price for a JS or GS is right and hope that on that sailing they will return to its glory days. But if not we will still have fun.

No flames from me. I'm always interested to read what someone who was cruising on Royal finds another line to be doing better.

Not sure why guests HAD to stay. Just leave after the show if the next event does not interest or pertain to you.

As far as NCL.. Well economical cabins (lowest in each category type) do not get what you listed. They are not free by any stretch of the imagination. I am interested in going on NCL again, but only Epic, Breakaway class or newer.

I can understand your frustration. It's not about wanting to feel special but you would hope the company cares about your loyalty but they dont...

We are "Diamond" now on Crystal Cruises which is like Platinum on Royal in terms of cruises taken and tier but they treat us like we are doing them a favor by sailing with them and like we are top cruisers. Thankful, super nice, etc.

The other day we saw a promo for extra 2.5% off one of our booked trips we called and it didn't apply to us because we're weren't at the right milestone level so the rep says "sorry, how about I give you $600 OBC as a thanks anyway"

That's loyalty. That's why we have 3 Crystal Cruises booked next and zero Royals.

LMAO @ the comparison of a luxury line, and a mass market line. :')