Your Butler packing your luggage.

pepperrn

When I was in Queens Grill (just the once (so far)) I did my own packing at the end of the Caribbean cruise.

Just curious.

For those in Queens Grill who fly after disembarking, who ask their Butler to do their packing, how do you/would you answer the possible Airport Terminal Security question "Did you pack this case yourself?"

:confused:

When I was in Queens Grill (just the once (so far)) I did my own packing at the end of the Caribbean cruise.

Just curious.

For those in Queens Grill who fly after disembarking, who ask their Butler to do their packing, how do you/would you answer the possible Airport Terminal Security question "Did you pack this case yourself?"

:confused:

I'd never allow my butler to pack my bags. Unpack, maybe, but never pack.

If flying, you'd need to declare that you hadn't packed your own bags. I guarantee you'd be both unpacking and repacking them in front of a surly security agent.

Nice service, but only useful if not flying after disembarking.

Wouldn't even dream of asking a Butler to unpack (or pack, even if 'I wasn't flying') Whilst I aways expect VIP service and to be treated as a valued Cunard guest , the idea of the unpacking/packing service seems a bit pretentious to me.

Has any able-bodied person on here ever used/requested this service. ? :confused:

On one Cunard cruise we met a lady who told us the Butler did all her unpacking and packing, ironed all her clothes and even advised her which evening dress to wear on a particular evening.

On another occasion our breakfast didn't arrive on time so I called the Butler. He had inadvertently delivered it to the wrong cabin. The occupants were still in bed so he rescued the breakfast and brought it to our cabin. I looked at it and asked why there were no crusts on the toast. He said the other cabin had asked him to cut them off!

Wouldn't even dream of asking a Butler to unpack (or pack, even if 'I wasn't flying') Whilst I aways expect VIP service and to be treated as a valued Cunard guest , the idea of the unpacking/packing service seems a bit pretentious to me.

Has any able-bodied person on here ever used/requested this service. ? :confused:

Many cruise lines offer the packing and unpacking by the butler but personally we have never used it and don’ t plan to on Cunard either. As we are not participating in anything formal our packing will be very simple and light, so no help needed.

I have never requested packing or unpacking from any butler on any cruise line. While this may sound like quite a decadent luxury initially, it really wouldn't be. I want to know where I tucked my knickers, and not have to call the butler to find them! And I would never want anyone to have to handle my clothes that I had worn. I don't even ask my husband to do that!

I get the butler to do my bow tie on formal nights. That's about as personal as I go. Don't think it would be very kind to ask him or her to handle soiled clothing as others have also pointed out.

I wonder what the most extreme request a Cunard butler has gotten...

We've traveled Queen's Grill twice. One of those times, we asked our butler to assist in packing on departure. He required that we be present for the packing. So it was a team effort, and admittedly, the butler's assistance was not all that helpful and we could have done it all ourselves in about the same amount of time. I think this perk is not really useful and more than a bit lah-dee-dah. IMHO, if you travel Queen's, you are paying for the extra space, and that is the major perk.

how do you/would you answer the possible Airport Terminal Security question "Did you pack this case yourself?"

Answer "yes" unless you wanted an awful lot of bother.

The same as everyone who has left their luggage in a hotel storage lies when asked if they have left it unattended.

Anyway, as the question is simply to try to establish whether anyone has put a bomb in your bag without you knowing, do you think your butler is a terrorist, and if they have a bomb why don't they blow up the ship instead.