Ovation kind of LIVE, Best of Taiwan (8 Nov 2017 - 14 Nov 2017)

opmet

Disclaimer : I am not a native English speaker and do not speak/read/write English on a day to day basis. However, I will try my best to make it easier to read.

Intention : Random sharing and thoughts

( I feel guilty about taking a lot from this community and It is time

Itinerary :

Hong Kong

At sea

Keelung, Taiwan

Hualien, Taiwan

Taichung, Taiwan

At Sea

Hing Kong

(just random picture for testing)

b9f76a06f627edf4b81c342668c17b44.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

picture above looks...crappy

e3fbc89903d6f5e04ba97229da930b1c.jpg

Anyway

Day 1 - Hong Kong

There are a few ways of getting to the Kai Tak cruise terminal, if you carry luggages, the possible ways are:

Taxi (uber?)

shuttle bus

private vehicle

picture below is the shuttle bus schedule from Kwun Tong to Kai Tak Cruise Terminal

749baa52c344c7a65d8b3f1bb1a2b01e.jpg

The traffic to the terminal is really bad when there is mega ship docked in Kai Tak. A part of Kwun Tong is a industrial district and construction sites are everywhere, on google map it may show a ride in 20min from Kwun Tong but in reality it could take much much longer.

On our way to the terminal, below are some random shots

be6a52b4084fb7066786036c7ca90615.jpg

f3eed16340726de54d873607c94688aa.jpg07aed3f7f22e096e7dbf1d6c6ce4ae5c.jpg

db15f535f070e021587b7fd2ba07354d.jpg

8ee971d819f2d7e4e569f1c137bfd7e5.jpg

146c5c9ff10d15eb71ebe8d741df33e1.jpg

we went to the roof top park before check in and the check in process took about 45mins.

I was really sick( runny nose, headache, fever perhaps?, pain) I can barely moved after the safety drill is done (I feel much better now after taking pills and drink tons of water)

not much left to share on Day 1(sorry about that)

I will upload the cruise compass of Day 1 later.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was on Ovation last month to Vietnam. I assume you are local to know how to take the shuttle. Took the taxi from Kowloon station to Kai Tak CT. Yes traffic really bad and took 1 hour instead of the planned 15 mins.

Funny they don't change the menu in the MDR. So ended up eating escargot and lamb shank for 3 of the 5 nights.

Pixels show is free in spite of the sign in the WJ on first day. Just have to line up before the show starts.

Edited by SG007

I was on Ovation last month to Vietnam. I assume you are local to know how to take the shuttle. Took the taxi from Kowloon station to Kai Tak CT. Yes traffic really bad and took 1 hour instead of the planned 15 mins.

Funny they don't change the menu in the MDR. So ended up eating escargot and lamb shank for 3 of the 5 nights.

Pixels show is free in spite of the sign in the WJ on first day. Just have to line up before the show starts.

Bingo:) I am from Hong Kong and i believe you are from Singapore. lol ( your user name starts with SG)

We planed to eat in one of the complimentary dining room last night but long queue made us ended up in the buffet. ( hate the queue)

Bingo:) I am from Hong Kong and i believe you are from Singapore. lol ( your user name starts with SG)

We planed to eat in one of the complimentary dining room last night but long queue made us ended up in the buffet. ( hate the queue)

Once the door opens the line just walk right in. You can go after the line clears and you always get an empty table.

picture below is the (perks?) as a gold C&A member

36635bc1564be369e99ec84aab619e26.jpg

Day 2

it is 14:50 and my family is sleeping like a baby.

We were going to have lunch in the complimentary dining room ( chic ). Again long queue made us change our mind and head to the buffet.

While we were having lunch in the buffet, someone made an announcement in English and Cantonese through the PA system asking people to leave when they finished their meal.

I saw a long queue of people who want to get in to the buffet....and the selection of the food/desert is not satisfying. I will try to take some picture later.

nickel and dimming is what main stream cruise line do these day. With less revenue from the bar, up charge restaurant ( the bar is empty most of the time and i believe the up charge restaurant is no doing well)

below is the price list of everything?

I think it only applies to cruises out of Hong Kong, Shanghai....

de119ba8704e62ca341ab8a743eaf0cf.jpg

anyway.....we are having a good time

4d2b6560d70bfc829298eeebb31185ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is the $29 for one minute IFly US$?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I did not try the ifly so I can't say anything.

it's what the price list say but i guess if you were the only one that play the Ifly in the time slot (one on one teaching?) you could fly longer...

the above is based on our 7.95 bumper car experience ( it seems no one want to pay for bumping around(only 4 people in the game) and we thought that we play longer that 3-4 mins)

sorry that I speak/write horrible English, please let me know if you are not sure about the words i use/write.