**LIVE** Adventure of the Seas 11/25-12/2

This will be my first attempt at a live review so please be gentle! I tend to be a scatter brain so don’t be surprised if I jump around in my thoughts!

I am Chris (46) and my husband is Brian (44). We booked this cruise way back in March of 2016 so we’ve had a very long wait and lots of time for me to obsess over every little detail. I’m the planner. Brian just humors me and follows along.

We originally booked this cruise as a B2B with the cruise before but some work commitments at Brian’s job didn’t allow that to happen.

We have our first aft balcony booked. We will be in JS 1394. We had our first JS on our last cruise aboard the Allure and now we are hooked!

Brian’s mom passed away unexpectedly in August of this year so we’ve had some pretty difficult months leading up to this trip and we are really looking forward to just getting away and relaxing.

We are on our way to the Milwaukee airport for our 10:50am flight to Orlando. We had planned on staying 2 nights in Puerto Rico before the cruise but with all of the uncertainty with hotels we switched our flights to Orlando and will then fly to PR on Saturday morning. We are from Wisconsin and flying to PR the day of the cruise just wasn’t something we felt comfortable with. I’m still nervous about flying from Orlando the day of the cruise but our flight is scheduled to get in to PR at 10:15am so there is some time for “worst case” scenarios.

We have reservations at the Hyatt Orlando Airport. We’ve stayed at this hotel one other time and really like the convenience of being right at the airport. We plan on heading to Epcot tomorrow. The forecast is calling for rain but we’ll make the best of it.

Our itinerary for the cruise:

0cbdbff8e0af914f7413cc6f63a78591.jpg

We are beach people so expect to see lots of pictures from the beach! The only thing we really have pre-planned is the Trikes in Aruba.

Brian recently built a home bar in our basement and we love to host parties. Brian enjoys making drinks and coming up with new ideas so we plan on going to the distillery in Curacao. We’ve allowed extra room in our luggage for the alcohol we will be purchasing!

287a681fbf929fe3f02b00f675583cb3.jpg

Don’t let the Raiders sign fool you! The rest of our household are Packers fans [emoji6]

We are just about to the airport so I’m going to end this now and I’ll report back once we get to Orlando. Vacation has started!

34788edfba00f45f1ac48fa15af85807.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flight was a little rocky landing in Orlando but the inflight Margarita helped! 36eaf7cf78ba18da619a30edb87faf59.jpg

It took about 15 minutes total from the time we got off the airplane to getting our luggage and checking into the hotel. We have a 10th floor balcony room overlooking the airport. We are going to make a few phone calls to the family and then head to the sports bar to watch some football.

e1975810ec26cd174e7629df4a0e3c2f.jpg

da916d29d6cf1905ebf3854bba6cedc1.jpg

084ae5e5cb69fba00108eee865cdbcb0.jpg

88a0dc201094befd39d46f22ed35745f.jpg

9aa3d38b1963a9d2329c0ae402de59ab.jpg

Lunch/dinner was at McCoys Bar and Grill inside the hotel. The sushi was spectacular!

843b3cc6c1c904e558d49cfa7d261064.jpg

a49144775ce26080ad03fa9a46b0c8a5.jpg

d1d45ddf6a182e32d14e63849229a366.jpg

d194b2ec68be5eee6ae0dbad3d5c2da9.jpg66118d1f40872e69a7442f451b2c6883.jpge471e115ac0466529c0627ec9de6b83b.jpg

After eating we walked around the airport and checked out the shops. We are now just relaxing back in the room watching football. I think it will be an early night. I never sleep very well the night before flying so I’m exhausted. Tomorrow is Epcot!

Thank you, Chris, for doing this.

Now I can save on an Internet package and just imbibe while you post for the adoring public!

:D

VR,

T Lex

P.S. I will try to open a thread with photos as well and perhaps dovetail with a different perspective. Can't disappoint Bob after all of these months....Carol would KILL ME! :p

BTW: I never hijack or post uninvited. Would you object if I can feed into this one for "one stop shop" on this voyage or would you prefer I open a separate thread? This is YOUR Live from Adventure.

We're staying at the hotel where you are tomorrow night and flying in I think with you guys on Saturday. Had to stay to spend Thanksgiving with the family. And if Bill Oh is reading, he's going to love that you are doing the Aruba Trikes! If they have a spare, we may try that, too.

Hope Orlando is drier than it looked yesterday! Have fun at Epcot!!

VR,

T Lex

This will be my first attempt at a live review so please be gentle! I tend to be a scatter brain so don’t be surprised if I jump around in my thoughts!

I am Chris (46) and my husband is Brian (44). We booked this cruise way back in March of 2016 so we’ve had a very long wait and lots of time for me to obsess over every little detail. I’m the planner. Brian just humors me and follows along.

We originally booked this cruise as a B2B with the cruise before but some work commitments at Brian’s job didn’t allow that to happen.

We have our first aft balcony booked. We will be in JS 1394. We had our first JS on our last cruise aboard the Allure and now we are hooked!

Brian’s mom passed away unexpectedly in August of this year so we’ve had some pretty difficult months leading up to this trip and we are really looking forward to just getting away and relaxing.

We are on our way to the Milwaukee airport for our 10:50am flight to Orlando. We had planned on staying 2 nights in Puerto Rico before the cruise but with all of the uncertainty with hotels we switched our flights to Orlando and will then fly to PR on Saturday morning. We are from Wisconsin and flying to PR the day of the cruise just wasn’t something we felt comfortable with. I’m still nervous about flying from Orlando the day of the cruise but our flight is scheduled to get in to PR at 10:15am so there is some time for “worst case” scenarios.

We have reservations at the Hyatt Orlando Airport. We’ve stayed at this hotel one other time and really like the convenience of being right at the airport. We plan on heading to Epcot tomorrow. The forecast is calling for rain but we’ll make the best of it.

Our itinerary for the cruise:

0cbdbff8e0af914f7413cc6f63a78591.jpg

We are beach people so expect to see lots of pictures from the beach! The only thing we really have pre-planned is the Trikes in Aruba.

Brian recently built a home bar in our basement and we love to host parties. Brian enjoys making drinks and coming up with new ideas so we plan on going to the distillery in Curacao. We’ve allowed extra room in our luggage for the alcohol we will be purchasing!

287a681fbf929fe3f02b00f675583cb3.jpg

Don’t let the Raiders sign fool you! The rest of our household are Packers fans [emoji6]

We are just about to the airport so I’m going to end this now and I’ll report back once we get to Orlando. Vacation has started!

34788edfba00f45f1ac48fa15af85807.jpg

Thanks for reporting and have fun! We are on AOS with this route in December so looking forward to your posts.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

BTW: I never hijack or post uninvited. Would you object if I can feed into this one for "one stop shop" on this voyage or would you prefer I open a separate thread? This is YOUR Live from Adventure.

We're staying at the hotel where you are tomorrow night and flying in I think with you guys on Saturday. Had to stay to spend Thanksgiving with the family. And if Bill Oh is reading, he's going to love that you are doing the Aruba Trikes! If they have a spare, we may try that, too.

Hope Orlando is drier than it looked yesterday! Have fun at Epcot!!

VR,

T Lex

Feel free to jump on in! The more the merrier.

It’s misting at Epcot and kinda chilly but honestly it could be worse so I’m fine.

See you at the hotel or on the plane!

Thanks! ALWAYS your thread, I'm just "helpin'". 😀

We're at the Hyatt Regency Airport now. Had a quick snack at the food court and rearranged packing for tomorrow. BTW, folks, we took a breath and paid $14 on Amazon for the heavy plastic luggage tags with the wire "screw-in" attachments. Glad we did! They work great with the printed color tags. And they're reusable.

Orlando is definitely overcast right now. But no concerns for tomorrow's flight. Already got our boarding passes. Incredibly, we're A 16-17! Need to go play a lottery or something! :D

Airport is already decorated for Christmas. Will try to upload photos later. And enjoy Epcot!!

This time tomorrow..... drinking on the Adventure! :evilsmile:

VR,

T Lex

Just got back to the hotel after enjoying our day at Epcot. We decided to head back early so we have some time to rearrange our suitcases and just relax a little before turning in early for our 6:25am flight tomorrow. The airport security lines are pretty long tonight and I have a feeling they will be just as long tomorrow morning so probably won’t be able to sleep as long as I was hoping tomorrow.

We rented a car from Alamo just for today. Pick up and drop off was super easy since it’s right on the airport property. Epcot was overcast and on and off drizzle. Nothing too bad but I think it helped keep the crowds down a little bit!

Tomorrow is cruise day! 870dc6401298cceebbc43b0ae8225b09.jpg0b2c756ac6b5e9bfe93e78232d300c5e.jpg47ea21a45a080cd844590b974997fc50.jpg2e123e5faba82387b8811a927a7dd382.jpg

Not for us! Waited from 0340 to get to the kiosk, got our luggage tags, then just as we got to the front of the counter, a Stern lady told us we had to open all our luggage if we were going to San Juan, told us she wouldn't do it, then sent us to the back of another line!

😡

Fortunately, another gentleman assisted us, told us she was wrong, we finally got the bags checked through, cleared security thru TSA pre-check, sitting in comfortable area near the gate.

That first Bloody Mary is going to taste SOOOO good.

Word of advice if going from MCO: love this airport/shopping mall but be earliest in line. 🤣

VR,

T Lex

A few questions I'm hoping you can please answer while posting.

• Which nights are the formal nights? (I think the Curacao day would normally be the second formal night, but with the late stay on that island, I'm wondering if they move it to another night.)
  • Which night is the 70s party?
  • Is there a "white night"?
  • What night did they have "The Quest"?
  • Have read in recent reviews the entertainment included a Beatles tribute. Wondering if that was true on your sailing.

If you're able to post the Compasses upon your return, it would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks and ENJOY your cruise!!!!

A few questions I'm hoping you can please answer while posting.

• Which nights are the formal nights? (I think the Curacao day would normally be the second formal night, but with the late stay on that island, I'm wondering if they move it to another night.)
  • Which night is the 70s party?
  • Is there a "white night"?
  • What night did they have "The Quest"?
  • Have read in recent reviews the entertainment included a Beatles tribute. Wondering if that was true on your sailing.

If you're able to post the Compasses upon your return, it would be hugely appreciated!

Thanks and ENJOY your cruise!!!!

I’ll do my best to get answers to all your questions.

Our flight landed at SJU at 10:08 and after walking a complete circle around the airport to find baggage claim we were in the taxi and on our way to the ship at 10:38. Traffic ran smoothly until we got to the port and came to a complete standstill. It was 11:20 when we finally got out of the taxi and we were checked in and had sea passes in hand but 11:25. Boarding didn’t start until 11:30. We went directly to the windjammer for lunch. We had to wait about 5 minutes for it to open. There is hand sanitizer or sinks with dryers to wash up before heading to the buffet. Food was good but we were really hungry so who really knows! [emoji12]

Pictures from the plane coming into SJU

ff6c4ece81e0ad39856ffe973f1ed04a.jpg

7cbf3c6df620b4335321be528e138334.jpg

Inside the airport. Air was on and stores open.

551ce724f2cbb7ea20ad9db423f56c2e.jpg

f34f7bef36deff5292f1b55b12b90cfa.jpg

90cd44f380c91d6658440001adc5eb48.jpg

Inside the cruise terminal, waiting to board the ship

1c62447f69d7d593a3981790bd227812.jpg