Aqua-Spa Cabins

Love-to-ride

Probably because they are Aqua class and not Aqua Spa. You will find what you are looking for here

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/accommodation/solstice-class-accommodation/aquaclass-staterooms/

But my experience says that if I sailed with them again I would go for a lower class cabin and use the extra spend to go to speciality dinning. Blu is rubbish, IMO, for breakfast and the best two evening meals on the cruise were not off the Blu menu but off the MDR menu.

While the previous poster thinks BLU is rubbish it is the only reason why we are hooked on Aqua Class for years. All the other perks are not of much value to us.

BLU restaurant, however, creates a completely different dining experience. Not necessarily because of the food but because of the much more intimate ambiance and because it is lessed rushed and not as loud as the MDR.

I am pretty sure many posts telling you the same will follow.

Edited by Miaminice

And many will follow agreeing, just read the threads on here on AQ. Blu evenings often quite full and tables for two close enough to have a conve rsation, like it or not, with your neighbour.

On Constellation we could get MDR menu in Blu and often did so, I would have an even worse opinion if that were not so. Book lower eat in speciality restaurants on money saved, best tip I could give anyone .

On the Blu topic, you will get many different opinions, but just keep in mind they are opinions and everyone has different tastes and preferences. I happen to love Blu for breakfast but don’t much care for the dinner menu. If you took the additional cost for Aqua and instead bought dining packages I believe in many cases you could eat in specialty restaurants for an entire cruise. But the OP asked about all Aqua amenities, not just Blu. Aqua cabin showers have a wonderful Hansgrohe shower system that are very nice. You can also use the Persian Gardens for free. While this seems nice, I think on our last Reflection 10 day cruise we used this once. Is the price difference between Aqua and regular veranda worth it? It depends. You have to weigh what you might pay for amenities and decide. It used to be for us, but we’ve really tired of the Blu experience and don’t use Persian Gardens much. Given that we can get dining packages for the entire cruise for less than the price difference between Aqua and Veranda, our next cruise will be in a regular veranda. One last thing to consider- many here think Aqua was originally Celebrity’s way of incentivizing cruiser’s to stay in less desirable cabin locations (under noisy pool decks, for example). So if you do decide Aqua is worth it, research your cabin locations and don’t always assume A1 locations are better than A2.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Same here, Blu is wonderful, you will find some on this board who don't like Blu but the large majority enjoy Blu. Many on this board will only book AQ because of Blu.

Also, be advised that if AQ cabins get pretty much all the amenities of Concierge Cabins plus those for AQ.

I just upgraded to Aqua for a total of $6 this week from my regular balcony. I was able to keep my GO BEST package also. It was a no brainer for me!

It's these types of deals that make Aqua worth it. I found a similar deal on my last cruise where I was able to upgrade to Aqua AND Go Best for $50 pp. Definitely worth it. But on my next cruise, the price difference is $600 pp. Definitely not worth it when I can buy a 10 night specialty dining pkg for $280 pp.

We love AQ when the price is right. Not only do we love Blu for breakfast, we also like Blu for dinner. The tables for 2 are close together but this allows conversations or not as you prefer. When sailing an itinerary with a lot of sea days we used the Persian Garden every sea day. You now have to ask your room steward for the sparkling wine. We took ours to Blu and the sommelier gladly exchanged it for a credit for a bottle of our wine. Be sure to tip him/her for this. We were also told the daily water was back which we appreciated because we were on a repo cruise so no perks. We just returned from a 10 day cruise and we were in the MDR. Wow, did we miss Blu. The food was very good and so was the service, but the noise between large tables and the trays delivering the food just made the whole experience not relaxing and conversation difficult. We kept asking for a quiet table but only once got one that was better but not great. We found the Oceanview Cafe more quiet and relaxing for dinner. Also, remember you get 5 Captain Club Points for every night so if you are trying to get to the next level that is helpful. Exchanging Blu for a dining package does not get you the relaxing Blu breakfast. And I can’t eat all the food that comes with a specialty restaurant. I know you don’t have to eat all of it but that is SO hard to do.

Edited by Champagne Cruiser
Hit send by mistake

We were also told the daily water was back....

Exchanging Blu for a dining package does not get you the relaxing Blu breakfast. And I can’t eat all the food that comes with a specialty restaurant. I know you don’t have to eat all of it but that is SO hard to do.

Not true on the daily water, at least it wasn't for us on our recent Reflection Eastern Med cruise. This is probably a ship by ship thing as I believe it was only reported from the Equinox. I could be wrong...all I know is this was not being done on the Reflection in Sep/Oct.

We only got to eat in Blu breakfast twice in a 10 day cruise because we had to be off the ship for excursions before Blu even opened. I do like breakfast in Blu but not for $600 pp on a 10 day cruise. The MDR serves the same breakfast and if you're an early riser like me, it isn't crowded at all.

Thanks all for the great feed back, we booked this cruise for a great price. The Aqua class was less than a standard balcony and much less than booking thru the cruise line plus prepaid tips and the drink package. It has been many years since we have sailed with Celebrity and are looking forward to a great cruise. :)

Probably because they are Aqua class and not Aqua Spa. You will find what you are looking for here

https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/accommodation/solstice-class-accommodation/aquaclass-staterooms/

But my experience says that if I sailed with them again I would go for a lower class cabin and use the extra spend to go to speciality dinning. Blu is rubbish, IMO, for breakfast and the best two evening meals on the cruise were not off the Blu menu but off the MDR menu.

Thank-you. Just what I was looking for. Only second Celebrity Cruise and the last one was 12 years ago. Wasn't real sure of the terminology.

We never consider anything other than an Aqua class cabin. We love Blu -especially since they have a vegetarian menu plus will get you anything from the MDR - and use the Persian Gardens almost daily for free. The shower is delightful and we do get the ice tea every day. No free water though, but our drink package covers that anyway.

Congrats on getting the great deal!

I love Aqua class and especially Blu for the service, food and perfect ambiance.

While the deuces can be a bit close, there are more intimate one(s) when you wish. I've usually lucked out with nice tale neighbors.

My PIC and I are boarding the Equinox this Saturday in an AQ cabin so I'll find out about the water and tea. Last cruise, the (Iced) tea in the cabin was "unique" and required some getting accustomed to or sweetener.

Have a great cruise!

Love Blu and the Persian Garden and we take full advantage of both!

We drink a lot of herbal teas at home so the iced tea carafe was really appealing to us. Our steward was great about refilling it 2x day, sometime more if we saw him in the hall, he would ask. Would take some getting used to for folks that drink mostly black/mild teas, etc.

We are Blu fans and always book AQ. I wouldn't consider booking every night in a specialty restaurant simply because I don't want that heavy of a meal every night. I have a couple of comments regarding earlier posts on this thread:

A few days into our October 27 sailing on Equinox, our cabin attendant started delivering two bottles of water each day, he said it was a change in policy.

On that same sailing, tableside meusli was not available but it was listed as an item on the breakfast menu. I've been told that it depends on the home port but I have no idea if that's true.

This may be old news but Eggs Benedict are part of the regular breakfast menu in Blu. They never used to be but are now.

It took us 15 years to achieve Elite status (300 points) on Celebrity but only 5 more years to make Elite Plus (750 points). Those extra points for sailing in AQ add up quickly!

Were on the Equinox sailing Oct 27th also and got the bottled water most days. However, we never got our bottle of wine that is supposed to be in the cabin at embarkation. We asked one day and the steward said we would get it on the 3rd day. We didn't. Wondered if Celebrity pays attention to who has the beverage package or not and thinks they won't need it?

Tableside Meusli has not been available in Blu for several years. I miss it, as it was delicious and so much better than the premade stuff.