A NCL happily ever after story

justme665

Hi all,

Just in time for Valentine's Day, and because there are so many less positive threads around, I thought I would share our story:

Nearly 7 years ago, I went on my first cruise (NCL Gem) with 2 of my girlfriends to celebrate the end of my university degree. On the first night, we went to the singles & solos mixer. A short while later, 3 men (brothers) walked into the bar, around our age. They were on the cruise celebrating their dad's retirement. A drink, a round of pool at Spinnakers, a week of running into each other around the ship, a visit to the rock climbing wall, and some dancing at the White Hot Party... The rest, as they say, is history - one of those men became my husband about 3 years later, despite us having met in the middle of the ocean, and living 500+km apart at the time!

Naturally, we did our honeymoon on a cruise (NCL Epic - Mediterranean), and had an amazing time.

Now, in a few days, we will board the NCL Getaway, and our son will be the youngest passenger aboard - 6 months exactly on the day of embarkation!

I suppose we're one of those bizarre cliches of love happening when/where you least expect it, etc, etc :)

Happy Tuesday!

(PS, we've been told many times by numerous different people that we should share our story with NCL staff somehow. How would one go about that? Who do you contact with such a thing? And what would be the purpose?)

Hi all,

Just in time for Valentine's Day, and because there are so many less positive threads around, I thought I would share our story:

Nearly 7 years ago, I went on my first cruise (NCL Gem) with 2 of my girlfriends to celebrate the end of my university degree. On the first night, we went to the singles & solos mixer. A short while later, 3 men (brothers) walked into the bar, around our age. They were on the cruise celebrating their dad's retirement. A drink, a round of pool at Spinnakers, a week of running into each other around the ship, a visit to the rock climbing wall, and some dancing at the White Hot Party... The rest, as they say, is history - one of those men became my husband about 3 years later, despite us having met in the middle of the ocean, and living 500+km apart at the time!

Naturally, we did our honeymoon on a cruise (NCL Epic - Mediterranean), and had an amazing time.

Now, in a few days, we will board the NCL Getaway, and our son will be the youngest passenger aboard - 6 months exactly on the day of embarkation!

I suppose we're one of those bizarre cliches of love happening when/where you least expect it, etc, etc :)

Happy Tuesday!

(PS, we've been told many times by numerous different people that we should share our story with NCL staff somehow. How would one go about that? Who do you contact with such a thing? And what would be the purpose?)

When you board ask to speak with the Hotel Director Errol Bailey. He will love your story.

I love this story !!!! thanks for sharing.

September 2011 I took my sister on a cruise to get out of NY for the 10th anniversary of September 11th ( she is a survivor thank god......my heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones ) she was also going thru a long divorce so it seemed the best time to go.

We boarded on September 10th and the day of September 11th she meet a nice guy on the ship.Well a week of hanging out with him and seeing him here and there blossomed into a relationship over time.

Three years later we all booked a family cruise together and he proposed in the exact spot he first laid eyes on her on the same ship. It was very romantic.

They are now happily married and yes did the honeymoon on a cruise.

Thanks for sharing your story...........sometimes fate has a funny way of getting people together

Enjoy your cruise with your family !!!!

I love this story !!!! thanks for sharing.

September 2011 I took my sister on a cruise to get out of NY for the 10th anniversary of September 11th ( she is a survivor thank god......my heart goes out to all those that lost loved ones ) she was also going thru a long divorce so it seemed the best time to go.

We boarded on September 10th and the day of September 11th she meet a nice guy on the ship.Well a week of hanging out with him and seeing him here and there blossomed into a relationship over time.

Three years later we all booked a family cruise together and he proposed in the exact spot he first laid eyes on her on the same ship. It was very romantic.

They are now happily married and yes did the honeymoon on a cruise.

Thanks for sharing your story...........sometimes fate has a funny way of getting people together

Enjoy your cruise with your family !!!!

This is an excellent story! All the best to your sister (and to you and the rest of your family, of course)!

I love happy stories! This reminds me of my own happy story, but first a little background: I was born in Helsinki, but moved to New York when young. In 1978 I went back to Helsinki to visit relatives, and decided to take a quick cruise to Leningrad (the previous name of St. Petersburg). While waiting to check in, a young man began to chat with me. He asked: "Are you a mathematician?" I answered in the negative, but I was rather intrigued by the question (as a pickup line I give it points for originality!). So what's a girl to do? I went looking for him to ask why he thought I would be a mathematician. When I found him (it didn't take long -- it was a rather small ship) he told me that he was a mathematician attending an international mathematics congress which was due to start after the cruise and he assumed that the ship had been chartered by the congress. Fortunately he was willing to overlook my non-mathematical status and we spent most of the cruise together, and afterwards in Helsinki.

Then it was time to go back to our respective countries. Here is a little more background: David is American, from a small town about 100 miles north of New York City (small world!). And an even smaller world: his hometown is just a few miles from where my parents had a summer house. But at the time of our meeting he was living in Holland and teaching at a university there.

For the next couple of years we corresponded (this is what people did before the internet and smart phone and Skype, folks!), with a couple of transatlantic flights thrown in. When his contract ended in 1980 he moved to New York. We got married in 1983 and next month will be celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary on the Norwegian Dawn.

Who says that travel isn't rewarding !

Hi all,

Happy Tuesday!

Not only a great story, but educational too! I didn't know that the Gem had a pool table.

What a great post. Thank you justme, alsgirl, and suometar. You just made my day with your wonderful love stories ❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Forums[/quote

You're welcome! And to think, it all started with a cruise ...:hearteyes: