Necessary to book Panoramic Bus Tour in Geiranger ahead of time?

My husband and I will be in Geiranger in a couple of weeks. I've been told by an online Destination Expert that I should book the 1.5 hour Panoramic Bus Tour ahead of time since there will be 7,000 tourists in Geiranger the day we're there - but my husband would prefer to wait to see what the weather looks like. Can anyone weigh in on their experience? Has anyone waited to book rather than book online in advance? I'm ready to book and take our chances but my husband would like to see if anyone else has any comments before I do that.

We did it in 2011, once someone on our roll call found the tour to Mt Dalsnibba online, our roll call booked it out! It was raining and we didn’t get the view of the fjord from the top of the mountain, but the trip up and down the 36 hairpin bends was still very good. Definitely book it if you want to go.

Simon

I contacted the tour company there as we are stopping there but undecided if to do the bus trip or not

They said if there is space you can book the same day

https://www.geirangerfjord.no/bus-tour-to-mt-dalsnibba

The Panoramic tour which goes to the lower view sights shows as being available most days. The Ultimate tour which includes The Dalsnibba skywalk often sells out quickly. I suspect that is partly because it is 3hrs rather than 90 mins and cannot be run as frequently.

The Panoramic tour which goes to the lower view sights shows as being available most days. The Ultimate tour which includes The Dalsnibba skywalk often sells out quickly. I suspect that is partly because it is 3hrs rather than 90 mins and cannot be run as frequently.

well if the do not sell out the day WE are there we may or may not book it

just depends on the day but there is that option to book the day of if they have space

not a big deal for us

I'll be in Geiranger on 27 June. I checked the bus tours last week: the 3 hr. Panorama tour is sold-out for the afternoon. The 1.5 hr tour & the 2.0 hr tour schedules don't mesh for doing both. Therefore, we fell back on the cruise line's excursion; yes slightly more expensive.